Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Manchester United and Liverpool will have to fend off Borussia Monchengladbach if they are to sign German international Christoph Kramer.

Reports claim the Premier League duo have made enquiries for the midfielder, but failed to make an progress in the race to land his signature.

The 23-year-old's contract expires in just under nine-months time and will be available for free next summer.

Despite almost becoming a free agent, Borussia Monchengladbach are prepared to make a cash offer in January to prevent Kramer being lured across the channel.

The youngster is clearly a talent for the future, but having been loaned-out twice in successive seasons by Bayer Leverkusen, they find themselves in the undesirable position of losing a future star for free.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:46 pm

Liverpool will get another chance to sign Xherdan Shaqiri after the Bayern Munich ace revealed he will consider his future at the Bundesliga club in January.

The Reds have been chasing Shaqiri since last January and the 22-year-old confirmed they made a concrete offer for him before the World Cup, only for Bayern to reject the proposal.

Now, however, with his contract running down, Shaqiri is willing to listen to offers outside the Bundesliga but did not rule out staying at Munich.

"Liverpool made a bid for me before the World Cup but Bayern put their foot down and told me, 'We're not going to sell you'," he said.

"My contract runs until 2016 and I could possibly extend it.

"I will consider my decision during the winter break."

Liverpool first showed their interest in Shaqiri in late January.

But a £20million deal never materialised, despite the pre-Brazil 2014 bid, as Bayern concluded their transfer business way before deadline day.

Come January, however, the German champions may be tempted to cut ties with their Swiss international and Liverpool, balancing a Premier League title race with Champions League fixtures, will be waiting to make another offer.

Shaqiri excelled at the World Cup this summer, bagging three goals for Switzerland, who face England on Monday night in their first Euro 2016 qualifier.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Manchester United and Liverpool will have to fend off Borussia Monchengladbach if they want to sign Christoph Kramer from Bayer Leverkusen next year.

The Premier League duo were reportedly among a host of clubs that missed out on recruiting the Germany World Cup winner this summer, despite both clubs making formal offers for the 23-year-old.

Kramer - who is currently halfway through a two-year loan deal with Moenchengladbach - will become a free agent next summer when his contract at Leverkusen expires.

And, according to talkSPORT, Moenchengladbach are hoping to make their loan deal for the player permanent by offering Leverkusen £12million for the midfielder in January.

Kramer started the World Cup final as a late replacement for Sami Khedira but, despite making his first competitive start for his country, the 23-year-old was substituted after just 19 minutes following a head injury that he sustained when his face smashed into Ezequiel Garay's shoulder.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:59 pm

cardiff-red » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:46 pm wrote:Liverpool will get another chance to sign Xherdan Shaqiri after the Bayern Munich ace revealed he will consider his future at the Bundesliga club in January.

The Reds have been chasing Shaqiri since last January and the 22-year-old confirmed they made a concrete offer for him before the World Cup, only for Bayern to reject the proposal.

Now, however, with his contract running down, Shaqiri is willing to listen to offers outside the Bundesliga but did not rule out staying at Munich.

"Liverpool made a bid for me before the World Cup but Bayern put their foot down and told me, 'We're not going to sell you'," he said.

"My contract runs until 2016 and I could possibly extend it.

"I will consider my decision during the winter break."

Liverpool first showed their interest in Shaqiri in late January.

But a £20million deal never materialised, despite the pre-Brazil 2014 bid, as Bayern concluded their transfer business way before deadline day.

Come January, however, the German champions may be tempted to cut ties with their Swiss international and Liverpool, balancing a Premier League title race with Champions League fixtures, will be waiting to make another offer.

Shaqiri excelled at the World Cup this summer, bagging three goals for Switzerland, who face England on Monday night in their first Euro 2016 qualifier.

i really hope we steer well clear of him in january or any other window  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:43 am

Red, I don't think we need any major playmakers, our core team is now in place. If we buy in January it will be based on the teams next 15 games and if gaps or weaknesses become apparent. ManUre on the other hand still need to splash the cash to buy in those core players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:29 am

Lazio are set to meet Antonio Candreva and his agent this week to talk over a new contract.

Candreva was a consistent performer in an underachieving Lazio side last term, scoring 12 goals and assisting nine as the club finished ninth in Serie A.

And the 27-year-old was expected to leave the Biancocelesti during the summer, with Premier League trio Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham all credited with an interest.

However, Lazio had no interest in selling their prized asset and promised the player a new deal should he remain loyal.

Reports in Italy suggest Candreva is set to meet with president Claudio Lotito before the end of the week to talk over a new deal.

The 27-year-old should see his wages rise from £900,000 a season to £1.6m, keeping him at the club until 2019.

Lazio are also putting the club's captaincy on the table to stave off interest from the Premier League trio, who can all offer the Italy international European football in January.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:29 am

Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have received a boost in their alleged pursuit of Zakaria Bakkali after reports emerged that the Belgian winger has been frozen out by PSV Eindhoven and will not feature for the Eredivisie club again following his refusal to sign a new contract.

That's according to Belgian media outlet HLN.be, who cite local Dutch newspaper the Eindhoven Dagblad when confirming that the 18-year-old's current deal at the Philips Stadion expires next summer, and manager Phillip Cocu has been trying for months to get the talented teenager to pen an extension.

However, Bakkali has been biding his time amid reported interest from a host of top European clubs; a move that now looks to have backfired after PSV lost patience with the talented teenager.

Described as the 'next Eden Hazard' in his homeland, Bakkali has attracted admiring glances from the Premier League, with Louis van Gaal, Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and Brendan Rodgers all among the player's growing list of suitors, according to the Daily Star.

A move to England appeared increasingly likely after PSV withdrew their offer of a new contract last week, and the latest development will almost certainly push the youngster out of the club when the transfer window reopens in January.

Source: GiveMeSport.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:56 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:29 am wrote:Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal have received a boost in their alleged pursuit of Zakaria Bakkali after reports emerged that the Belgian winger has been frozen out by PSV Eindhoven and will not feature for the Eredivisie club again following his refusal to sign a new contract.

That's according to Belgian media outlet HLN.be, who cite local Dutch newspaper the Eindhoven Dagblad when confirming that the 18-year-old's current deal at the Philips Stadion expires next summer, and manager Phillip Cocu has been trying for months to get the talented teenager to pen an extension.

However, Bakkali has been biding his time amid reported interest from a host of top European clubs; a move that now looks to have backfired after PSV lost patience with the talented teenager.

Described as the 'next Eden Hazard' in his homeland, Bakkali has attracted admiring glances from the Premier League, with Louis van Gaal, Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and Brendan Rodgers all among the player's growing list of suitors, according to the Daily Star.

A move to England appeared increasingly likely after PSV withdrew their offer of a new contract last week, and the latest development will almost certainly push the youngster out of the club when the transfer window reopens in January.

Source: GiveMeSport.com

Never heard of him.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Robbie Fowler has applied for the vacant manager's job at Leeds.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:03 am

Fowler would be mad to take the leeds job in my view. The Italian chairman there is a full on nut job who wants to pick the team most weeks.

If Robbie went then he'd be a yes man who would be sacked by xmas.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:05 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:03 am wrote:Fowler would be mad to take the leeds job in my view. The Italian chairman there is a full on nut job who wants to pick the team most weeks.

If Robbie went then he'd be a yes man who would be sacked by xmas.

Yeah, I'm surprised he's applied for that job myself, can't see that ending well at all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:43 am

There are foreign reports suggesting LFC want to revive the 77 Intercontinental Cup final which we initially declined, against Boca Juniors.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Di Maria is looking fantastic for the Mancs today. Really wish we were in a position to buy a top quality, finished article type of player that we could chuck into the first team and it would straight away improve it
Doeboy

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Well, he/they are playing against a team that will go down. Would like to see Harry give it some and get QPR to 3 - 3

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Santa » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 am

Doeboy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:41 pm wrote:Di Maria is looking fantastic for the Mancs today. Really wish we were in a position to buy a top quality, finished article type of player that we could chuck into the first team and it would straight away improve it

You're joking right? United probably paid a £25M premium (plus hefty add ons) to Real and £280,000 per week (plus a few million here and there for performance bonus) for a player who blew hot and cold at Real?

Yeah I wished we could pay the highest transfer fees and salaries to attract all the best players here but what United are doing is not sustainable especially if the don't make top 4 by end of the season...I believe this is a one-time make or break gamble by the Glazers. To get them back to the big time. Money talks but what they care doing is just plain crazy
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill