FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 pm

I wasnt slagging or abusing him
Unless there is a major injury crisis I dont believe he will make the bench
:upside:
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Eds your suggestion to boo and abuse the lad is utter shight to be honest !! Never boo'ed a player or the team in my life and I never will.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Borini sign a contract with Liverpool FC?

Why the fk should he just agree to go to a god foresaken sh.ithole like Sunderland or worse still QPR. Poyet and Rednap have been around for quite a while and what have they really achieved. Poyet hasn't been in management for that long so I'll give him the benefit of considerable doubt. Rednap has been in management since the eighties and he has managed to win the FA Cup once. He talks a good game as the HMRC are only too aware. So to simply expect Borini to give up on his ambition to play at the highest level is quite frankly downright naive. He had an awful time with injuries and that seems to have been forgotten. Yes he might have to keep the bench warm if he can get on it or he might be restricted to cup competitions. Some of the work he did at Sunderland can't be ignored even if he didn't score a lot of goals he certainly performed when it really mattered and help keep them in the Premiership. If we hadn't slipped up against Chelsea and Palace his contributions against City and Chelsea might just have helped us to win the league.

The lad has gone on record saying he wants to fight for his place. What's so bad about that?

Really shameful stuff Eds.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:02 am

Well said...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Reg » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:19 am

eds » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:22 am wrote:He is an absolute f**kwit and deserves to be booed mercilessly and fruit thrown at him next time he arrives at Melwood or any of our training sessions.

No time for "these" types of players, $90k seriously what an A-grade c**t!

Needs to have the s**t kicked out of him, another Salif Diao situation unfolding........   :no

You're not the brightest light on the Christmas tree are you son?  :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:09 am

I don't agree that we should boo him.

But it has to be said, the lad is absolutely delusional if he thinks he should be getting 95k per week at any team. He's slow, lacks skills with the ball and is a poor finisher - IMO he even looked poor at times with Sunderland and the fans didn't rate him much either.

From our perspective, he's an unnecessary 14 million + 40k per week hole in our pockets.
kartiek

Postby Red Focus » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:33 am

Being frankly told by Brendan that he would be 4th choice striker and limited game time was not enough for him to ply his trade elsewhere. I would jump at a chance at another PL club if I were him to further my career if I were him. Very strange decision by Borini, maybe he stayed because of the higher pay.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:58 am

From The Telegraph...

Fabio Borini, the Liverpool striker, faces being frozen out at Anfield for the foreseeable future after rejecting a lucrative summer move to Queens Park Rangers and Sunderland.

Liverpool are bemused by the Italian’s decision to spurn the advances of other Premier League clubs with Brendan Rodgers, the manager, having informed the 23-year-old he was unlikely to feature on Merseyside this season.

Borini defended himself via social media on Tuesday after negotiations with QPR broke down over the terms of his contract. The London club had a £10  million bid accepted.

The Italian wanted a £95,000-a-week contract, a severance package from Liverpool and an exit clause from QPR allowing him to leave for less than the £10 million they would have paid.

QPR offered a significant pay rise to the Italian, but would not agree to the clause.

Liverpool were willing to offer Borini a pay-off but negotiations broke down between the player and QPR as the transfer deadline approached.

Earlier in the summer, Borini rejected a return to Sunderland for £14 million, having spent a successful loan spell in the North West.

“Finally, the madness is finished,” Borini wrote on Twitter. “I protected the man and the player that I am today. I am very happy with myself to have taken such an important decision.”

Liverpool have Daniel Sturridge, Mario Balotelli and Rickie Lambert ahead of Borini as Rodgers considers his options.

Borini was Rodgers’s first signing as Liverpool’s manager in July 2012, having paid £10.5 million to Italian club Roma. Rodgers had earlier worked with the Italian at both Chelsea and during a loan stint with Swansea, where Borini assisted in the Welsh club’s promotion.

It would appear that the Italian sees his next career move to be at a club whose profile matches that of Chelsea, Roma and Liverpool and did not want to risk being contracted to a side fighting nearer the bottom of the division without a means of escape at a later date.

Liverpool, however, would have preferred to cash in having received such attractive bids.

The problem that Rodgers now faces is that Borini’s valuation is only likely to dip if he is deprived of football, although there will be a hope that circumstances will have changed by the time of the next transfer window in January and that the striker will be more willing to move on.

Liverpool were also unable to shift midfielder Lucas, receiving no offers for the Brazilian. There was some interest in taking him on loan, but an expected bid from Napoli never materialised.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:01 am

You can say what you want about him 'wanting to play for Liverpool' but if that article is to believed it seems it is more about personal greed that anything else, BR told him he wouldn't be playing this season and he was offered a pay off but seems content to sit in the reserves receiving his hefty Liverpool wages

Whilst i dont agree with booing or not supporting any Liverpool player, i do think a large percentage of this is not about him wanting to play for us but about what he can get for himself
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:05 am

I think he is wanting a move back to Italy and doing this is a way of forcing the club in January to accept a loan.
With Rodgers telling him he wont play it's a strange one him deciding to stay to be honest.
Italy have a new manager that may like him - if he is playing regular football and doing well he may force his way back in the squad for their Euro qualifiers.
Not playing any football until Christmas though means he will fall off the radar.
Even if we have an injury and suspension crisis I would imagine Rodgers would play one striker and two wide of them meaning Borini still wont play.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Homebooby » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:05 am

I don't read it as personal greed at all...he has a contract that the club were not willing to honour any more...they wanted to ship him off to what he considers lesser clubs with lower profiles than the ones he's been at until now, which I don't disagree with. He has a belief that if he is to stand a chance of remaining at such high profile clubs he needs to be seen at a high profile club....I don't disagree with that either. He is under the impression that he is of a quality worthy of such high profile clubs....that is really the only thing that is up for contention in my opinion and is subjective at best.

He was being pushed out to something he didn't want and he put his own price on what he was willing to accept to be pushed out and noone met those requirements. I honestly don't blame him. He has no need to show loyalty to a club that has really shown nothing to him. Clearly he was a bit part spend and more of a 'return on investment' signing than someone we were serious about. I don't personally like that side of the game that we're adopting...but it's seen as 'good business' by some on here....you can't argue about the way owners behave on one side and then forget about the human element on the other...it goes both ways.

I think he did himself some favours last season and proved some worth....I hope that he does us some favours this season whilst he's still around. I respect the fact that a human being stood up for themselves for what they want and believe and time will tell if that was a wise move for him or not.
Homebooby

Postby devaney » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:13 am

Homebooby » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:05 am wrote:I don't read it as personal greed at all...he has a contract that the club were not willing to honour any more...they wanted to ship him off to what he considers lesser clubs with lower profiles than the ones he's been at until now, which I don't disagree with. He has a belief that if he is to stand a chance of remaining at such high profile clubs he needs to be seen at a high profile club....I don't disagree with that either. He is under the impression that he is of a quality worthy of such high profile clubs....that is really the only thing that is up for contention in my opinion and is subjective at best.

He was being pushed out to something he didn't want and he put his own price on what he was willing to accept to be pushed out and noone met those requirements. I honestly don't blame him. He has no need to show loyalty to a club that has really shown nothing to him. Clearly he was a bit part spend and more of a 'return on investment' signing than someone we were serious about. I don't personally like that side of the game that we're adopting...but it's seen as 'good business' by some on here....you can't argue about the way owners behave on one side and then forget about the human element on the other...it goes both ways.

I think he did himself some favours last season and proved some worth....I hope that he does us some favours this season whilst he's still around. I respect the fact that a human being stood up for themselves for what they want and believe and time will tell if that was a wise move for him or not.

Glad somebody is on the same page as me  :;):
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:18 pm

I don't think this is about money, QPR offered him £58k a week which is probably near double on what he is on here, as HB says I think this is about him wanting to play for a high profile club that will be challenging for honours.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:29 pm

don't be surprised if he pops one in against Middlesborough
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:18 am wrote:I don't think this is about money, QPR offered him £58k a week which is probably near double on what he is on here, as HB says I think this is about him wanting to play for a high profile club that will be challenging for honours.

The key words here being "wanting to play" and "actually playing" -- these are two separate things?

You want to stay and be seen at a high profile club, then you better work your socks off son and show some quality. If the coach deemed you're not good enough, tough accept it and move on (ever stepping into a new job and you know you just don't fit in? Nothing new here) As a professional and an Italian international at that, staying and train with the reserves will get you squat and you'll soon be lost without a trace.

So my point being...who gave him all these career advice? He clearly came out of this looking like a greedy mercenary and a muck, and will get on a bad side of the manager. He's under contract so the club will have to pay him off but what happened in a couple of season's time when he's 27 and not playing regular top level football for a couple of season...what then? Still dreaming of high profile clubs? Seriously, money aside as a professional footballer do you think spending a couple of season at the reserve while you're at your prime will help your career?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Santa » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:43 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:18 am wrote:I don't think this is about money, QPR offered him £58k a week which is probably near double on what he is on here, as HB says I think this is about him wanting to play for a high profile club that will be challenging for honours.

The key words here being "wanting to play" and "actually playing" -- these are two separate things?

You want to stay and be seen at a high profile club, then you better work your socks off son and show some quality. If the coach deemed you're not good enough, tough accept it and move on (ever stepping into a new job and you know you just don't fit in? Nothing new here) As a professional and an Italian international at that, staying and train with the reserves will get you squat and you'll soon be lost without a trace.

So my point being...who gave him all these career advice? He clearly came out of this looking like a greedy mercenary and a muck, and will get on a bad side of the manager. He's under contract so the club will have to pay him off but what happened in a couple of season's time when he's 27 and not playing regular top level football for a couple of season...what then? Still dreaming of high profile clubs? Seriously, money aside as a professional footballer do you think spending a couple of season at the reserve while you're at your prime will help your career?

In tonight's echo Borini's agent is saying that Inter Milan wanted to take him on loan but Liverpool weren't interested, the club just wanted to get it's hands on the £14m that QPR and Sunderland had put on the table.
So in other words Liverpool were trying to steer Borini in a direction that was good for the club but not necessarily for the player. In that case you can't really blame the player for playing that game too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion