Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:17 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:06 pm wrote:at least we have this...  Stoke City very close to confirming the loan deal for Oussama Assaidi from Liverpool.

Another loan is not ideal but at least he'll be playing regularly at Stoke and not kicking his heels at Melwood.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:17 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:06 pm wrote:at least we have this...  Stoke City very close to confirming the loan deal for Oussama Assaidi from Liverpool.

Another loan is not ideal but at least he'll be playing regularly at Stoke and not kicking his heels at Melwood.

AND we won't have to pay his wages. Better than nothing I guess.

Anyway, Borini is a kunt  :glare:
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Wtf is Borini doing? Pure greed not agreeing terms with Sunderland & QPR. For the club it's not that bad; we probably need the 4 strikers with the cups and Europe but couldnt be any good for his career and International ambitions
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Money > Progress for this kunt...23 year old and he choose to sit on the bench week in and week out. What's more to say really??
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:57 pm

...meanwhile QPR have signed Brazilian International Sandro for £10M from Spuds

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:44 pm

Hull have done quite well, they've signed Diame from west ham on a permanent deal and brought in the likes of Gaston Ramirez and Ben Arfa on loan. Decent window for them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:19 am

So the only one left for us to tie up during this mad transfer window is Victor Valdes as backup keeper...what's good if he can't play until Dec? Didn't rate him while he was at Barcelona...not about to get super excited now but Mignolet do need a kick up his arse

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:44 am

Independent online
Liverpool are likely to sign the former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes next month, if their initial talks come to fruition.

Valdes is a free agent after his release from Barcelona  this summer and thus can join outside the transfer window.

His arrival depends on how he recovers from a cruciate ligament injury he suffered in March. But if all goes well with that, he will become a part of the Liverpool squad next month, providing cover for Rodgers’ first choice in goal, Simon Mignolet. Australian Brad Jones is not currently pushing the Belgian.

Valdes had been seen as a reinforcement for French side Monaco until he sustained his injury. He may not be ready to play until December but Liverpool anticipate knowing enough about his recovery to be able to conclude a deal next month.

Be more than happy to see him provide some competition for Mig.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:53 am

Bart Simpson will continue his career at Zenit!

FC Zenit and the 20th Century Fox have reached an agreement about Bart Simpson’s transfer to the Blue-White-Sky Blues! The latest addition to the team has already arrived in St. Petersburg, passed his physical, signed his contract and had his first training session this morning with the rest of the team.

Bartholomew Jo Jo (Bart) Simpson first appeared onscreen in 1987 and because of this he has decided to take 87 as his number.

The footballer arrived a few days ago at Pulkovo and went to the club’s office to meet with the general director of Zenit, Maxim Mitrofanov. Bart had his medical exam at the MMC SOGAZ department The Nevsky Corinthia Palace, went to Petrovsky, the new store "Zenit Arena" and then made his way out to Udelny Park.

Andrè Villas-Boas immediately invited the newcomer to train with the team. Everyone immediately took to Bart and gave him a traditional welcoming.

The latest addition to the mascot squad is expected soon make his debut at Petrovksy

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Homebooby » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:47 am

woof woof ! » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:44 am wrote:Independent online
Liverpool are likely to sign the former Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes next month, if their initial talks come to fruition.

Valdes is a free agent after his release from Barcelona  this summer and thus can join outside the transfer window.

His arrival depends on how he recovers from a cruciate ligament injury he suffered in March. But if all goes well with that, he will become a part of the Liverpool squad next month, providing cover for Rodgers’ first choice in goal, Simon Mignolet. Australian Brad Jones is not currently pushing the Belgian.

Valdes had been seen as a reinforcement for French side Monaco until he sustained his injury. He may not be ready to play until December but Liverpool anticipate knowing enough about his recovery to be able to conclude a deal next month.

Be more than happy to see him provide some competition for Mig.

we need the cover for sure……can't argue with the experience coming in.
Homebooby

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:48 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Borini sign a contract with Liverpool FC?

Why the fk should he just agree to go to a god foresaken sh.ithole like Sunderland or worse still QPR. Poyet and Rednap have been around for quite a while and what have they really achieved. Poyet hasn't been in management for that long so I'll give him the benefit of considerable doubt. Rednap has been in management since the eighties and he has managed to win the FA Cup once. He talks a good game as the HMRC are only too aware. So to simply expect Borini to give up on his ambition to play at the highest level is quite frankly downright naive. He had an awful time with injuries and that seems to have been forgotten. Yes he might have to keep the bench warm if he can get on it or he might be restricted to cup competitions. Some of the work he did at Sunderland can't be ignored even if he didn't score a lot of goals.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:09 pm

devaney » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:48 pm wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Borini sign a contract with Liverpool FC?

Why the fk should he just agree to go to a god foresaken sh.ithole like Sunderland or worse still QPR. Poyet and Rednap have been around for quite a while and what have they really achieved. Poyet hasn't been in management for that long so I'll give him the benefit of considerable doubt. Rednap has been in management since the eighties and he has managed to win the FA Cup once. He talks a good game as the HMRC are only too aware. So to simply expect Borini to give up on his ambition to play at the highest level is quite frankly downright naive. He had an awful time with injuries and that seems to have been forgotten. Yes he might have to keep the bench warm if he can get on it or he might be restricted to cup competitions. Some of the work he did at Sunderland can't be ignored even if he didn't score a lot of goals.

So if Borini got an offer from Barcelona that would double his wages and we deny and keep him soaking and moaning on bench would that be ok? Yes their is a contract but also their is an understanding that you don't keep a player at all costs and the opposite as well.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Players rarely fully recover form cruciate ligament injury (Man Utd. will have the same problem with Falcao), so I don't think that a 32-year-old Valdes, who I personally never really rated anyway, can make a full recovery from that. I think we should stay away from him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:40 pm

OnlyMe - Presumably mate if Barcelona were prepared to pay him double then I don't think he would be on our bench  :laugh:  Based on what you are saying we should have let Suarez go to Arsenal. I know what your saying I think but I also have a bit of admiration for a player that wants to succeed with LFC rather than a bunch of no marks. I know money is a factor and why shouldn't it be. Would you go and work for a worse shitier employer for less money unless you really had to?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:56 pm

devaney » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:40 pm wrote:OnlyMe - Presumably mate if Barcelona were prepared to pay him double then I don't think he would be on our bench  :laugh:  Based on what you are saying we should have let Suarez go to Arsenal. I know what your saying I think but I also have a bit of admiration for a player that wants to succeed with LFC rather than a bunch of no marks. I know money is a factor and why shouldn't it be. Would you go and work for a worse shitier employer for less money unless you really had to?

Your point would have been valid if he had rejected the notion of joining the 2 clubs out of hand rather than having the deals fall through because his "expectations were unrealistic". I think Tony Fernandes hit the nail on the head with that one. The fact is, he'll most likely never be good enough to play at the very top level. He'll most likely fail to even make the bench for us more often than not. He's 23, lost his place in the international side since joining us, and quite frankly staying will do his career no good. If we were saying that agents advising players to move to bigger clubs too early is a bad thing then surely agents advising players to stay rather than seek 1st team football at such a crucial age is even more criminal.

Anyways, I expect him to be gone in January but we'll most likely need to either bring someone through from the youth side or buy a 4th backup on the cheap.

Edit: I just remembered we signed Origi for next season. Scratch the buy a 4th choice part. Maybe a loan until the end of the season but most likely just someone from the youth or reserves.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill