Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Santa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:02 am wrote:Falcao on a year loan to the Scum...I'm *****. Hoped he's on the sick list like RVP

Great player, when fit, but Manure need defenders and central midfielders...not strikers and wingers  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:09 pm

7_Kewell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:06 am wrote:
Santa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:02 am wrote:Falcao on a year loan to the Scum...I'm *****. Hoped he's on the sick list like RVP

Great player, when fit, but Manure need defenders and central midfielders...not strikers and wingers  :laugh:

He's obviously just going there for the money, agree with Santa, another forward is not what they need, they're just trying to sell more shirts
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:23 pm

United have pressed the panic button big time and are buying up every big name on the market, no matter what the cost.
Don't get me wrong they'll have an phenominal side on paper but if for some reason they don't all gel the pressure on that club will be unbelievable.
You'd imagine that any side containing the likes of Falcao and DiMaria is going to have way too much for most sides in the division though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:23 am wrote:United have pressed the panic button big time and are buying up every big name on the market, no matter what the cost.
Don't get me wrong they'll have an phenominal side on paper but if for some reason they don't all gel the pressure on that club will be unbelievable.
You'd imagine that any side containing the likes of Falcao and DiMaria is going to have way too much for most sides in the division though.

correction, phenominal 'forward side on paper', it looks like they are going to just try and out score any opposition
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:23 am wrote:United have pressed the panic button big time and are buying up every big name on the market, no matter what the cost.

It would, if it had a steely midfield to cover for them. But Maure don't.

Di Maria didn't make a single tackle against Burnley...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:57 pm

When they get everyone back they won't be that bad defensively, the likes of Shaw, Blind, Raphael etc are half decent players. I don't think this formation is doing them any favours either.
it's not like they are p1$$ing goals at the back, even with a scratch defence they are conceding at an average of just over 1 goal a game, if anything it's been their misfiring forwards who have been letting them down. I suspect that might be about to change though.
Has Falcao played any football since his injury? Does anyone know?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 am wrote:When they get everyone back they won't be that bad defensively, the likes of Shaw, Blind, Raphael etc are half decent players. I don't think this formation is doing them any favours either.
it's not like they are p1$$ing goals at the back, even with a scratch defence they are conceding at an average of just over 1 goal a game, if anything it's been their misfiring forwards who have been letting them down. I suspect that might be about to change though.

He has scored 2 in 3 games in the french League for Monaco, one against Nantes and one against Loreint
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:07 pm

Scum making enquires on Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:15 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:40 am wrote:he was on his best behaviour  :nod  apparently he has been moving his stuff and must have dropped in to say his goodbyes

Haha just messin' with you red...saw SG's Instagram photo.

I know this has been debated, but with the season just starte and all the signings in place. £75M true and well spent...do you think it's good business for us? meh? or that we have a raw deal by selling Luis?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:19 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:07 pm wrote:Scum making enquires on Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.

They are buying up everyone with their financial reserves. This is their last dice thrown in an attempt to get back to CL...if LVG truly fucked up, then it'll be a financial disaster for them and I don't see a quick return to the elite for them anytime soon. I wished them worst of luck. Mata, di Maria and Falcao will blow up at their face big time
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:38 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:57 am wrote:When they get everyone back they won't be that bad defensively, the likes of Shaw, Blind, Raphael etc are half decent players. I don't think this formation is doing them any favours either.

He has scored 2 in 3 games in the french League for Monaco, one against Nantes and one against Loreint

Ta mate, I know the French league isn't the prem but even so that looks a bit ominous.
I hope they don't get Schneiderlin as well, he would be a good player for them.
So much for LVG being a genius, he's spending his way out of trouble, not much skill in that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:50 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:07 pm wrote:Scum making enquires on Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin.

Southampton went out of their way to block a move for Schneiderlin a few weeks back, cannot see why they would let him go now.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:13 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:50 pm wrote:

Southampton went out of their way to block a move for Schneiderlin a few weeks back, cannot see why they would let him go now.

Falcao supposedly had his heart set on a move to Madrid too, now United have got the option to buy him at the end of the season, things change in footy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Valdes would be a very god buy. Would walk straight into that starting 11 after he gets fit imo... If the wages are right, I dont see why we wouldnt. Obviously, his injury is the only reason he hasnt been picked up yet but I can see a few clubs eying him if we dont get it orted out sooner rather than later. Outside that, I dont think we'll see anyone else come in which is fine by me. Manquillo has done well in his last game and with Johnson sticking around its hard o see us signing someone else who plays the same position.

On Falcao, whether he proves a good buy or not will depend largely on LVG and the system he decides on moving forward. IMO, the main reason they are struggling atm is the system he has them playing so I find it a bit baffling that ppl are still branding him a 'tactical genius' with him getting it wrong in every game they have played so far. I think Falcao coming in will most likely see Rooney move to a deeper position with them changing their formation to one that is not too dissimilar to ours:

De Gea
Rafael     Jones     Rojo     Shaw
                      Blind
            Herrera     Di Maria
                    Rooney
              Falcao     V.Persie
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:43 pm

aCe' » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 pm wrote:
                   De Gea
Rafael     Jones     Rojo     Shaw
                      Blind
            Herrera     Di Maria
                    Rooney
              Falcao     V.Persie

that's a bloody good team on paper. and i fear that if van gaal manages to get them clicking, and with only the premiership and FA cup to worry about, they'll be strong contenders again for the CL places. we're going to have to keep our shít together.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill