Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Still like Suarez despite his dark side and whilst I hope he doesn't I reckon he will probably do something daft again.

At this point its almost a trademark for him, a legacy, but maybe Barcelona will become the first club to tame him.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:55 am

He will not be regarded as the number one player at Barca and I think that will frustrate the life out of him - hopefully !! If he fails we may just be able to do a Rushie  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:11 pm

In time, he will look back and regards his time in the red shirt as the best of his footballing life. He was the focus of the team and beloved by the fans, and he produced the best form of his life. Now while he may feel his family life are more settled in Barcelona, I reckon he will not reproduce the same kind of form now his new team don't rotate around him and play to his strength anymore
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Everything we did was geared for him. He became a better player because we built our team around him and he will not get the same consideration at Barca. He is not Basque so they will not treat him like anything but the mercenary he is and they do have good experience at that. He will look back when he has retired and know that his best year as a footballer was last year and he will not achieve the same heights.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:33 pm

Barcelona is a Catalan club not Basque
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:29 pm

Apparently he was texting BR this morning to wish him well before the So'ton game. So there's obviously no bad blood between him and the manager. Strange....if I were BR, after all the support, to be slapped in the face like that...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:30 pm

Suarez has said he promises not to bite ever again.

cue him taking a chunk out of Ramos then very soon
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:39 pm

BREAKING NEWS......

Luis Suarez promises to never bite another player  :Oo:  :glare:  :laugh:

Honestly what a fool he has made of himself. As good a player as he is, that is just rediculous!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:09 am

kazza » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:39 am wrote:BREAKING NEWS......

Luis Suarez promises to never bite another player  :Oo:  :glare:  :laugh:

Honestly what a fool he has made of himself. As good a player as he is, that is just rediculous!

Reminds me of an old Chris Rock bit when he made a joke about people congratulating a young man because he's never been to prison.  His line "You're Not Supposed To Go to Prison"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3PJF0YE-x4
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:28 am

Steven Gerrard knew Luis Suarez would ‘engineer’ a way out of Liverpool when he saw him bite Giorgio Chiellini during the World Cup.

The Uruguayan, who was handed a four month ban for the offence, switched Anfield for Barcelona in the summer in a £75m move, following a superb season for Liverpool.

Speaking to Jamie Carragher on Sky Sports ahead of his side’s Super Sunday clash with Tottenham, Gerrard revealed he had hoped Suarez would stay in the North West for at least one more season.

"I knew there was no way back for him then and I knew he was going to engineer a way out."
Steven Gerrard
However, he was resigned to losing last season’s top scorer when he saw Suarez’s headline-grabbing actions in Brazil.

“I thought he was going to stay, I thought we’d have got another year out of him,” said Gerrard.

“I was actually already on the floor when I saw the bite because we knew we were going out. It was a double blow, knowing you’re going out of the World Cup and knowing you’re going to lose your best player.

“I knew there was no way back for him then and I knew he was going to engineer a way out.”
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:49 pm

Maybe he did, but I don't think there's any grudges being held by Gerrard. Suarez is actually at Melwood today visiting the staff and players

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:11 am

I can't comprehend how people think he will fail at Barcelona...

Messi and Suarez in the same team?

I heard Ferdinand say that he thought that Madrid had the best forwards in world football... made me laugh, he's obviously never seen Luis play...

Suarez is an absolute world beater and it was a pleasure watching him play for Liverpool. One of the best players in the world and truely the most talented player ever to pull on a red shirt. Goals, assists, work rate, determination, skill, flair and genuine all round class on the pitch.

Made us look a far far far better side than we actually are almost single handedly.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Suarez is an amazing player but Reals forward line is a lot lot better

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:06 pm

Stu the Red » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:11 am wrote:I can't comprehend how people think he will fail at Barcelona...

Messi and Suarez in the same team?

I heard Ferdinand say that he thought that Madrid had the best forwards in world football... made me laugh, he's obviously never seen Luis play...

Suarez is an absolute world beater and it was a pleasure watching him play for Liverpool. One of the best players in the world and truely the most talented player ever to pull on a red shirt. Goals, assists, work rate, determination, skill, flair and genuine all round class on the pitch.

Made us look a far far far better side than we actually are almost single handedly.

Not sure I agreed with his diving and play acting. Always thought he was better than that and never understood his arm waving and fake injuries
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:45 am

Whatever you this of him, this is class

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion