Liverpool V Spurs - Sun Aug 31st - 1.30pm Kick Off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:04 pm

honestly i was surprised we rolled them so easy, thought they would have been more up for it than that. still no complaints as it was a job well done and we fully deserved the points.
moreno is a little gem and my motm. his pace is frightening, not afraid of a tackle and he can defend. the goal he scored is what our fullbacks should be doing in that system and didnt he take it well.
manquillo is far from the finished article but i have been impressed at the level he is at. good game from him today.
the CB's improved as the game went on but against better opposition they could have paid the price for sloppy mistakes.
could have been a perfect debut for balo if he had of stuffed that header in, his workrate was good also but hopefully it gets better as he gets to know the players.
all in all a good game from the lads and we are in a good position heading into the international break.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:00 pm

Moreno and Balotelli cost £28m (Marianne cost United £27.5m and Lukaku cost Everton £28m) which on today's performance looks like bargain basement. Early days but very encouraging. The bench also looked very impressive today and it's a very long time since that has been the case. Luis could never simply be replaced. BR maintained that the goals have got to come from more players and that is starting to happen. I like Enrique but Moreno looks like a massive upgrade. Manquillo will hopefully will give Johnson the opportunity to warm the bench or serve the tea at half time  :laugh:

Great result and some very impressive individual performances. Thought Joe Allen had a half decent game which is also good news.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:28 am

red till i die!! » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:04 pm wrote:honestly i was surprised we rolled them so easy, thought they would have been more up for it than that. still no complaints as it was a job well done and we fully deserved the points.
moreno is a little gem and my motm. his pace is frightening, not afraid of a tackle and he can defend. the goal he scored is what our fullbacks should be doing in that system and didnt he take it well.
manquillo is far from the finished article but i have been impressed at the level he is at. good game from him today.
the CB's improved as the game went on but against better opposition they could have paid the price for sloppy mistakes.
could have been a perfect debut for balo if he had of stuffed that header in, his workrate was good also but hopefully it gets better as he gets to know the players.
all in all a good game from the lads and we are in a good position heading into the international break.

Can only echo all of the above.

I also thought this would be a much tougher game than it turned out to be. Having said that, I didn't relax until Moreno took off and hammered in our third goal. Very good display from the team with some outstanding individual contributions ie Sterling and Moreno.  Also kudos to the defence who despite a couple of wobbles kept a clean sheet.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games