Resurrected Player Ratings, last match.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:38 pm

Spurs V Liverpool 31st Aug 2014

Mignolet - 5 - A few shaky moments early on and his usual woeful distribution
Manquillo - 7- Decent performance, got stuck in and his distribution was good
Sakho - 7 - Sloppy in possession but his reading of the game is far superior to Skertls and he looked pretty comfortable with Lovren
Lovren - 7 - A little reckless at times but looked solid alongside Sakho, really good signing
Moreno - 8- Excellent attacking threat and much improved defensively, did really well for his goal
Gerrard - 6 - Sloppy in possession, gave the ball away far too much, however was involved in starting some good attacking moves and made some great interceptions
Henderson - 8 - Was literally everywhere and was a constant thorn in the spurs midfields side
Allen - 6 - Did well for the penalty and looks good on the ball when in safe areas of the pitch, hes pretty much useless when hes near the oppostion penalty area
Sterling - 9 Excellent performance, was non stop with his industry, skill, vision and pace, really should of scored a second goal.
Balotelli - 6- Looked slightly of the pace but there were some encouraging signs, should of scored at least 2. Linked pretty well with Sturridge and Sterling
Sturridge - 8 - Excellent in the first half and unlucky not to get on the scoresheet, tailed off in the second half but much much better from Studge.

Subs:
Jose Enrique - N/A - Not on long enough
Can - 7 - Looked quite powerful and distributed well
Markovic - 5 - Very quiet and really needs to work harder to get into games, when he does get the ball you can see he has talent though
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Mignolet - 8 - made an important save and kept a clean sheet, can't ask a lot more than that.
Manquillo - 8 - I thought he was excellent in defense. Did his job well and even covered for the CBs in the first half a few times.
Lovren - 7 - shaky and very much a liability in the first half but improved a lot in the second and won some important duels to keep the clean sheet.
Sakho - 6 - similar to Lovren in the first half, was OK in the second.
Moreno - 9 - Lamela was frustrated with himself and I think I know why! Amazing game by Moreno, both in defence and attack. My MOTM.
Gerrard - 7 - some good and some bad periods, overall OK. Gets a point plus for the goal.
Henderson - 8 - good game and a good assist.
Allen - 6
Sterling - 8
Balotelli - 6 - OK debut, should have taken one of those chances. Did well in defense though, which is apparently a new thing for him.
Sturridge - 7 - I think he played well and was very lively. Nice pass to Hendo for the goal.

Subs:
Can  - 7
Markovic - 6
Enrique - 6 - not on long enough
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:37 pm

Mingolet - 6 still looks shaky in terms of kicking, coming off his line etc but his shot stopping ability is superb. Made one save in particular from Adebayor that was absolutely magnificent, thought it was a certain goal.
Manquillo - 7 solid display
Lovren - 6 first half looked shaky but improved as match went on, goes to ground a bit too easily for my liking, left us exposed once or twice by diving into tackles and not getting the ball.
Sakho - 6 like Lovren poor first half but improved as match went on.
Moreno - 8 tremendous performance and great goal, could be a premier league star this lad.
Gerrard - 6 almost an anti-Gerrard performance in the sense that his passing was awful but defensively he was great, pressed high up the pitch too.
Henderson - 8 superb performance, showed Herculean reserves of energy in both defence and attack, best presser of the ball in the prem. Give him the vice captains armband.
Allen - 6 won us the pen and worked his socks off, solid from Joe.
Sterling - 8 another top performance from Raheem, scored one goal and nearly scored a Maradona-esque second.
Sturridge - 7 fine performance form Danny, great in the build up to the first goal and his skills gave the Spurs back 4 plenty to think about.
Balotelli - 7 didn't have his shooting boots on but caused Spurs major problems, could have easily had a hat trick, loved his work rate.

Subs
Can - 6 impressive cameo from Emre, looked very strong and showed good turn of pace for a big fella in turning defence into attack.
Markovic - 5 struggled to make an impact but you can see he oozes pace and class, going to be a big player for us.
Enrique - 5 not really on long enough to asses him properly but didn't make any mistakes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:58 pm

mingolet- 6 we know he is a good shotstopper but also a ball dropper, was solid in the end.
manquillo- 7 good game and he has a good shot at making that position his own. much better than glenda.
lovren- 6 needs to stop rushing into challenges and getting left for dead.
sakho- 5 dodgy at times
moreno- 9 fantastic game from him and looking like a fantastic little player as well  :bowdown
gerrard- 6 gave the ball away so many times on routine passes. reliable as always for the pen.
allen- 6 he's just a runner, the yellow he picked up just shows how easy it is to hold him off and the pen showed how easy it is to push him over. soft pen.
hendo- 8 started brilliant and made a sublime run to set up sterling. he was solid for the rest.
balotelli- 7 could have been a super debut if he finished that header but overall looks like he can fit right in.
sturridge- 7 he's a hard working striker who does his bit, a little unfortunate to not have the goal he deserves.
sterling- 8 tireless efforts again

markovic- 4 if you weren't looking you wouldnt have known he was even on
can- 5 strong lad
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Mignolet - 6 - looks insecure at crosses and at distributing the ball but made a good save and kept the clean sheet
Manquillo - 7 - Did well, especially for being a new player
Lovren - 7 - Looked uncomfortable in his cb interactions, but made some vital interceptions
Sakho - 5 - gave away a few ball wih some sloppy passing and did not look comfortable with the cb interactions. Improved somewhat 2nd half.
Moreno - 9 - Just a great performace. Shows much promise and had excellent energy throughout the game
Gerrard - 7 - Was a bit sloppy with his long range passes in the 1st half, but steadied the ship as the game went along
Henderson - 8 - confident performance where he didn't do too much wrong.
Allen - 6 - does some important work and tries to keep the play going.
Sterling - 8 - A great performance for most of the game but waned a little in the end. Still keeps on performing which is a delight to see.
Balotelli - 6 - Didn't show that much lazy tendencies as I expected and did some good things on the field. But should really had scored at least one goal.
Sturridge - 7 - Better workrate than usual and tried to be involved in as much build up plays as possible. Did expect a bit better from his left foot though.

Subs:
Can  - 6 - shows some promise. Will be interesting to see what he can do in a full game.
Markovic - 6- Didn't stand out one way or the other
Enrique - - no time really
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:14 am

Spurs V Liverpool 31st Aug 2014

Mignolet - 6 - Made one excellent stop and generally did well BUT I'm always nervous when the ball is played back to this fella, his distribution when kicking is still suspect.
Manquillo - 6 - Did well but had to be bailed out by team mates more than once.
Sakho - 7 - Started poorly but improved as game progressed, needs more playing time to realise potential.
Lovren - 7 - Did well, like Sakho needs more time to "gel"
Moreno - 9 - Outstanding !
Gerrard - 6 - Gave away so many easy balls, for me he just wasn't on his game but showed his usual composure for the penalty
Henderson - 8 - Tireless unselfish display
Allen - 6 - Did well, a bit lucky to win the softest of penalties but have to give him credit for it
Sterling - 9 - Outstanding ! if he'd have scored after that passage when he waltzed through the Spurs defence it would have been a goal none of us would ever forget.
Balotelli - 6- Fluffed two clear cut chances but overall did well, I'd have liked to have seen a bit more "passion" from him.
Sturridge - 8 - Solid game, showed increasing maturity.

Subs:
Markovic - 5 - Disappointing didn't really show anything but confident he'll get better
Can - 6 - Did well, got faith in this fella.
Enrique - 5 - Only on for a couple of minutes, no time to do anything

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 am

Almost forgot

Tottenham vs Liverpool player's average (by 9 voters):

Mignolet - 6.55

Manquillo - 7.1
Lovren - 7.1
Sakho - 6.1
Moreno - 8.55

Gerrard - 6.66
Allen - 6.22
Henderson - 8.22

Sterling - 8.33
Balotelli - 6.55
Sturridge - 7.33

Subs (by 9 voters):

Can - 6.44
Markovic - 5.44
Enrique - N/A (not on long enough)

Newkit man of the match: Alberto Moreno (2nd time)

No flop this time.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:55 am wrote:Almost forgot

Tottenham vs Liverpool player's average (by 9 voters):

Mignolet - 6.55

Manquillo - 7.1
Lovren - 7.1
Sakho - 6.1
Moreno - 8.55

Gerrard - 6.66
Allen - 6.22
Henderson - 8.22

Sterling - 8.33
Balotelli - 6.55
Sturridge - 7.33

Subs (by 9 voters):

Can - 6.44
Markovic - 5.44
Enrique - N/A (not on long enough)

Newkit man of the match: Alberto Moreno (2nd time)

No flop this time.

Nice one mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Well that, was absoluiely awful!

Liverpool v Villa sat sept 13th

Mignolet - 5 - Didn't have much to do, conceded his customary goal every game at least.

Manquillo - 6 - Played fairly well but seems to lack vision.
Lovren - 6 - Played some decent passes, had a shakey start, is not going to sort our poor defence on his own.
Sahko - 5 - Defensively woeful, second half when we were on the ball couldn't do much more.
Moreno - 3 - Not for me.

Gerrard - 6 - Some lovely passes, kept us ticking, wasn't to be.
Henderson - 6 - Worked hard as always, some dodgy touches slowed our tempo down though.

Coutinho - 7 - If anything was going to happen it was going to be him that produced. Only player who looked like he could open the door.

Markovic - 3 - Woeful. All fur coat and no nickers.
Lallana - 5 - No end product after battling his way into the game.

Ballotelli - 4 - Some neat touches but never going to replace Suarez.

Subs:

Lambert - 6 - Should have started the game.
Sterling - 6 - Looked lively, joke of a decision not to start him.
Borini - 2 - Says it all when you're bringing this joker off the bench.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Probably not a good idea posting so soon after a very disapointing performance but here goes...

Mignolet - 6 - Average
Manquillo - 6 - Average
Lovren - 4 - 20 million quid defender?? was at fault for the goal
Sahko - 5 -  Very limited player full stop
Moreno - 5 - Very average today
Gerrard - 6 - Average
Henderson - 6 - Worked hard but created little
Coutinho - 5 - No idea what has happened to this player, not the same player we saw end of last season
Markovic - 3 - Was he on the pitch ?
Lallana - 5 - Poor, could have been sent off
Ballotelli - 6 - Dont think he will get the goals we will need of him, thought he did well not to react to having lumps kicked out of him all match
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:36 pm

Timely return Stu
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Tell you what Damjan, I'll tell the doctors to postpone my cancer treatment and save it for when we win games lad.

I'll ask the cancer to time things a bit better too.

Note: I post when I'm at home, I rarely if at all post when in hostpital. Nothing to do with weather we win or lose, never has been, never will be.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:41 pm

mignolet- 5 nothing to do really which is probably just as well
manquillo- 5 worked hard but i feel we ask to much of him.
lovren- 5 at times all over the shop
sakho-5 he's just so dodgy
moreno- 5 got forward but not used properly.
gerrard- 5 was happy to knock it sideways and backwards
hendo- 5 very happy to replicate gerrard
coutinho- 6 he had a few wild shots but genuinely the only player willing to have a go
markovic - 4 didnt show anything that would have you out of your seat or that he should be a starter
lallana- 4 tried but ended up looking like a llama rather than the lad that played for southampton
balotelli- 5 he did well to keep his cool with the attention from senderos and hutton but was starved of anything decent from the midfield

sterling - 6 tried but they had our number again.
lambert- 4 honestly i find it staggering how he has escaped his critics, what does he even bring
borini- 3 just stop encouraging him brendan
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:04 pm

Mingolet 5 - only thing he did was pick the ball out of the net
Manquillo 5 - average performance
Lovren 4 - poor positioning for Villa's goal, if he is organising that back line he is doing a terrible job, we looked all over the place.
Sakho 4 - nervy performance
Moreno 5 - tried hard but wasn't his day
Gerrard 4 - poor effort on line to keep out their goal, nudged and nurdled the ball sideways and backwards most of the game, pale shadow of that colossus from yesteryear.
Henderson 5 - put his usual shift in but had little impact on the game
Coutinho 6 - he's obviously out of form but he did at least try to open Villa up, unlucky with effort that hit the post
Lallana 5 - tried to be creative but struggled to find space to operate in Villa's packed defence.
Balotelli - 6 fed off scraps but looked the most likely to do something, couldn't believe it when he was subbed
Markovic - 5 similar story to Lallana
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:03 pm

Mingolet 5 - Didn't have all that much to do ,and Gerrards continual presence when he drops  back into our defence makes his job all the more difficult.   
Manquillo 5 -Looked bright when we kicked off and nearly provided an assist for Markovic ,then he just flapped like most of the team.   
Lovren 4 - Him and Sakho's union will never bear fruit 
Sakho 3 - Spreads nervousness and unrest through our back four like Ebola
Moreno 5 - Tried hard enough ,but Villa were resilient to the last. 
Gerrard 3 - Needs dropping ,resting ,convalescence ,whatever it takes.
Henderson 5 - Couldn't seem to inspire our game like he usually does   
Coutinho 6 - Good shot ,but squeezed out the game with ruthless efficiency
Lallana 5 - Some good points ,but looked slightly perplexed with the role he was asked to play.
Balotelli - 6 I thought he was the only player whose first touch looked anywhere near composed.
Markovic - 5 Needs to use that pace a lot more than what we seen yesterday.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion