Liverpool V Spurs - Sun Aug 31st - 1.30pm Kick Off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kartiek » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:06 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:40 pm wrote:I would go with this option

Many questions there.
First, why Lovren considering he was the more suspect defender in the Man City loss. Why does Skrtel get the end of the stick on this one always? My guess is that Lovren and Skrtel will start again and Rodgers will like to consolidate on that partnership.
Enrique is a good option ahead of Moreno if he were fit. Is he?
Lallana surely won't start considering the lack of match fitness. He will come on as a sub. My guess is that we'll play Coutinho on the left. Markovic will replace him as a sub at some point, probably.

Rest I agree with.
kartiek

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:43 pm

kartiek » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:06 pm wrote:

Many questions there.
First, why Lovren considering he was the more suspect defender in the Man City loss. Why does Skrtel get the end of the stick on this one always? My guess is that Lovren and Skrtel will start again and Rodgers will like to consolidate on that partnership.
Enrique is a good option ahead of Moreno if he were fit. Is he?
Lallana surely won't start considering the lack of match fitness. He will come on as a sub. My guess is that we'll play Coutinho on the left. Markovic will replace him as a sub at some point, probably.

Rest I agree with.

Hi mate, I only chose Sakho because i saw that Skrtel didn't train today and expect he will miss out due to fitness, otherwise probably would have gone with Skrtel :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:40 pm wrote:I would go with this option

thats a decent line up if skrtel is injured. i say that because i seriously dont rate having two lefties especially when neither of them has anything resembling a right foot.
maybe markovich instead of lallana if as he might just be that little bit fitter but hendo on the right is a good shout if we are to go with manquillo. he will benefit from the protection and support he will provide.
who know's what rodgers will go with but we need to be looking at 3 points and imo it will be no walk in the park.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:41 pm

Lovren is right footed. Sakho is better than Skrtel. That lineup is probably the best lineup we can put out atm. If Markovic has a bit of discipline and work rate in his game he would probably compete with Lallana for that 3rd midfield spot.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:41 pm

swap Sakho and Skrtel and I agree
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Think Enrique is injured..
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Enrique is fit. Johnson, Agger and Flanagan are injured while Moreno and Skrtel are doubtful. I think we can expect to see cardiff-red's back 5 on Sunday.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:56 pm

We are going to see rotation so the team will be increasingly difficult to predict.

Hard game as ever at Spurs despite last years freak result.

I cannot recall being as excited about a player making a debut since Collymore, Balotelli  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:52 pm

If we win tomorrow it will put us in quite a decent position, we'll only be 3 points behind the leaders and two of our tougher away fixtures will be out of the way.
A loss though will leave us 6 points behind Chelsea which even at this early stage looks like it might take a bit of clawing back given they've just put 6 past Everton at Goodison.
Shaping up to be a bit of a pivotal game already this one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:35 pm

I think it will be tough but we will come through. Spurs played on Thursday and I think mario will score or affect the game in a positive way. They seem more a playing side rather than physical side which we seem to like playing against.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:58 am

Think they only played Lloris and Kaboul on Thursday from the team that played Qpr, so don't expect them to have any issues with tiredness. Our strikers are much more effective and think that will be the telling difference and get us the result
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:06 pm

The rumour mill reckons this will be our team -
Mingolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Henderson, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Markovic and Sturridge.

IMO we have 3 CM 's doing the job of 2, we could drop Gerrard and have a Lallana, Balotelli or Coutinho in there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:31 pm

Confirmed #LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SpursOfficial: Jones, Enrique, Toure, Lambert, Coutinho, Can, Markovic

Confirmed team

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:06 am wrote:The rumour mill reckons this will be our team -
Mingolet, Manquillo, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Henderson, Gerrard, Allen, Sterling, Markovic and Sturridge.

IMO we have 3 CM 's doing the job of 2, we could drop Gerrard and have a Lallana, Balotelli or Coutinho in there.

We seem to be going a bit more defensive in midfield this season, makes you wonder if that's BR having a concern about SG in the DM role. This format is definitely taking diminishing our attacking threat even more so now that LS has gone or maybe with Luis gone BR feels he needs to be more defensive as he doen't believe we can just out score our opponents like last season.
Last edited by Boocity on Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:34 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:31 am wrote:Confirmed #LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SpursOfficial: Jones, Enrique, Toure, Lambert, Coutinho, Can, Markovic

Confirmed team

Back 4 is my preferred players going forward ,however the MF is a mass...Too many mechanical players...Coutinho and Markovic should have started. I would even rather have Balotelli start on the bench.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games