DANIEL AGGER - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:11 pm wrote:
Having played there semi professionally I can tell you it didn't bother me in the slightest what side I played, so if you're going to tell me premier league players can't adapt to playing 5 yards further over the pitch then they shouldn't be playing at that level.

not so long ago you told us you played as a striker. your memory failing with age, stu?

:D
Last edited by andy_g on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 pm

The likes of John Charles and Dion Dublin played at centre half and centre forward. Jamie Carragher started out as a centre forward and ended up as a centre half. It's not uncommon to play both positions.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:31 am

andy_g » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:46 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:11 pm wrote:
Having played there semi professionally I can tell you it didn't bother me in the slightest what side I played, so if you're going to tell me premier league players can't adapt to playing 5 yards further over the pitch then they shouldn't be playing at that level.

not so long ago you told us you played as a striker. your memory failing with age, stu?

:D

I can assure you I never said I was a striker... very much a ball playing centre half, centre mid or right back at a push. I am known in my own circles of friends for having a chance to shoot and ALWAYS looking for the pass, even if there is an open goal :D Hence the reason I despise Sturridges me, me, me attitude. :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:33 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 pm wrote:The likes of John Charles and Dion Dublin played at centre half and centre forward. Jamie Carragher started out as a centre forward and ended up as a centre half. It's not uncommon to play both positions.

F*ck,

Don't compare me to those donkeys, I was ellegant. Just not the quickest and could be rather lazy at times. :D

Always fancied myself as a bit of a Michael Type player, in truth I was more of a Michael McIntyre! :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:38 pm

Heading back to Brondby in a cut price deal.

Been a fantastic servant to the club and wish him all the best for the future.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Great player when fit. You dont see many players rejecting Barcelona, the trophies, money, and spotlight to go back to a small club where he started his career. Will always be held in the highest regards by Liverpool fans.   All the best to him.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:09 am

I read he turned down moves to both ***** and Manure as he didn't want to ruin his legacy with us
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:18 am

I think he should cool his jets and stick around at Anfield, he's only 29 and CB's can comfortably play into their mid 30's at the top level. Yes he's frustrated at not getting much game time but things can turn around quickly in football, one minute Skrtel looked odds on to be leaving then 1 good performance against United and next minute he's an ever present.
Besides this new look defence still doesn't look that convincing. We looked a shambles at the back in pre season and so far we are conceding at an average of two a game which is actually worse than last year.
He could go back to Brondby when he's 34 and play there till he's near 40, I think he should just chill out and stick around.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:24 am

Superb lad, which every player had his attitude and commitment to the club. Best of luck to him in Brondy if this goes through.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Gutted

Arguably  our best defender.  Good if it suits both parties.

All the best lad
Kopite-Jud

Postby alxy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:52 pm

A true Liverpool player, loyal and dedicated to the cause. Hate to see him leave, but I guess BR doesn't rate him too much so off he goes. One of those that will be welcomed back anytime he visit in whatsoever capacity. YNWA Daniel!
alxy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:22 pm

A difficult decision, but the right one from BR. Agger simply can't stay fit long enough to find form.

Wish the guy luck back in Denmark, he'll always be welcome back at Anfield.  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:27 pm

Devastated to lose probably the classiest defender at the club ,but if your face doesn't fit with the manager I suppose its time to go ,lets hope Rodgers garners the stones
to do the same to Johnson .... Best of luck Daniel ,proper class ,and not just with the ball at your feet . YNWA
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:40 pm

What a shame... wanted him to succeed at the club... but too many injuries hampered his progress... was a captain material... I guess his best seasons were his first 2 seasons...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:43 pm

I agree with Yakka. We do have a lot of defenders though, someone just has to go. Was hoping that we'll at least get a bit of money from him (he's worth at least 10 million), but respecting his wish to go back to his home club is the least we can do for this legend. Good luck Agger!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion