New Vice Captain

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:12 am

It certainly looks like Daniel Agger is going back home to Brondby, if this does go through as expected who would you like to see get the vice captain role at the club ??

Some names to consider....

Henderson
Skrtel
Sturridge
Lovren

I know this could be a fiercely debated subject with many different opinions, i myself would like to see Hendo get it
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:39 am

I actually think Sturridge. He always talks about Jordan and Sterling as his little brothers and I think giving him that responsibility would improve on his selfishness. He interviews well after the match so I guess him. I like Hendo but he strikes me as too nice and I would rather he saved his concentration for running all over the pitch. I think Danny would make a good vice-captain.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:17 am

For me it's a no brainer.

It has to be Hendo. The captain should be in midfield, and he us perfect, young growing in confidence and likely to be at the club for several years.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Has to be Henderson, can't see anyone else. Yeah, he is too nice but I don't think we have anyone else. Lovren has only been here for a month or so, Skrtel has been here long enough but he'll never be captain material and neither will Sturridge. Hendo is a committed and our most hard-working player, always gives 110%, has been at the club long enough and has even captained the under 21s for England. Has to be him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:05 am

Henderson or Lovren for me!
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:44 am

Skrtel should be vice captain in terms of seniority or even Lucas if he is staying.

Agger held it without hardly playing so don't see how minutes on the pitch is a big deal.

What this has highlighted is how new and young the squad is overall so its tough to choose and if its not Skrtels thing then
I would go with Sturridge because he has a better connection with the fans and is a good communicator.

Gerrard is not a sensational captain in terms of verbally leading the team on the field but is influential off it day in day out
and in front of the media and thats all we need with a vice.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion