Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:47 pm

i'd never in a million years have imagined that we were going to sign mario balotelli in this, or any, transfer window. i genuinely like the guy but have no idea how this is going to turn out on the pitch. lets just hope that rodgers perception isn't letting him down and that what he has seen in his meeting with mario is a genuine desire to get his head down and work hard for the team. if he can do that we'll have a hell of a bargain. if he can't then its going to get pretty messy pretty quickly.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:47 pm

My only concern now is he will get targetted every week by defenders. its a totally different mentally in italy. you dont just ignore it and get on with it  as top english pros are supposed to act. i would just love to see him knuckle down and above all be consistent  cos when hes on which central defender will enjoy having him backing in to him for 90 minutes hes as strong as an ox. Weve all done it when were young oh im only 18 then im only 25 then before you know it life has passed you by. Come on mario  you owe it to yourself dont have no regrets leave it all on our pitch   :bowdown
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:12 pm

He's obviously only here for ££££££££££££ it seems. another large contract. His posture and demeanor when turning up for medicals with his hoodies on, shows he looks like he don't actually give a sh*t.

thats what messages it sends out. hes a chav.

I give it 12 months. and BR will be selling next summer. No doubt whatsoever.

That is a "panic" buy. Falcao and Cavani don't want to come to Anfield, so BR buys us a troublesome dude.

This just gets better and better. :lookaround
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:09 am

Bill Shankly Rules » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:12 pm wrote:He's obviously only here for ££££££££££££ it seems. another large contract. His posture and demeanor when turning up for medicals with his hoodies on, shows he looks like he don't actually give a sh*t.

thats what messages it sends out. hes a chav.

I give it 12 months. and BR will be selling next summer. No doubt whatsoever.

That is a "panic" buy. Falcao and Cavani don't want to come to Anfield, so BR buys us a troublesome dude.

This just gets better and better. :lookaround

Takes a 50% pay cut and he's here for the money.

Can't write this  :laugh:
Kopite-Jud

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:32 am

Do you know he has taken a pay cut for an absolute fact?

Considering you can't actually read his contract, it's a silly comment ?

where do we get these people from?? posting without knowing the full facts is ludicurous. :no
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:03 am

Anyone who's made 67 posts in 9 days is clearly a wind up merchant or Betty the Loon in disguise. If that's you Betty then lift up yer frock and off you go.

The Mario deal is very exciting. Eto would have been 'ok', Cavani or Falcao would have been risks - cost against impact in the unknown EPL, whereas Mario provides a number of benefits:

1.  Back 4's won't be able to ignore him and wander off to provide extra cover on Sterling, so Sterling will find himself with more space out wide and able to cut in more easily.

2. If Sterling/Coutinho can get the ball into the centre then there's a razor sharp lad able to bang it in. He's 6'3" so we might actually score from corners and free kicks for once.

3. Play the following line up and teams will beg for mercy:

Sturridge Balotelli
                Coutinho
  Markovic                             Sterling
           Hendo       Gerrard

Sakho     Lovren     Skrtel

Mignolet

4. He and Sturridge can switch at will, they're both point men.

5. The most important thing - he is a genuinely exciting buy. I can't wait to see him have some fun. His purchase lifts the club, the fans and raises our profile. We just need him to keep his nose clean.

In terms of maturity, yes he has the IQ of an unborn baby but Liverpool of all the top 4-5 teams have the least arrogance and the best team spirit - the youngest players etc.. so they're growing up together. If he starts off right and can get through to Christmas without crashing a car, blowing up his house or fathering 5 kids then there's a good chance he'll settle down.

When we're back in the transfer market again, the next big name will come more easily. We're moving up the ladder.

Read this from The Economist ref LFC selling Suarez and how we used the money.  http://www.economist.com/blogs/gametheo ... 1cca176d7|

The Economist... yep even they realise we're back.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:31 am

It always amuses me when posters post their opinions as facts, emphasised by strings of punctuation (ie the whole team is garbage!!!!!!!!!!, Balotelli hasn't played for us but he's already garbage!!!!!!!) and then demand facts from others (ie do you know for a FACT he took a pay cut?????).

It's funny for a little while at least, like watching a baby deer take its first steps :)

Can't wait to see Mario in action. He's a big, powerful lad and will bring a new dimension to the squad.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:39 am

Bill Shankly Rules » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:32 pm wrote:

where do we get these people from?? posting without knowing the full facts is ludicurous. :no

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 86826.html

Everyone knows he's took a pay cut.

Watch the TV read the papers and actually read something and take it in.  You'll be astonished to discover you'll learn something every once in a while.
Kopite-Jud

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:07 am

Reg » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:03 am wrote:Anyone who's made 67 posts in 9 days is clearly a wind up merchant or Betty the Loon in disguise. If that's you Betty then lift up yer frock and off you go.

Sounds more like The Hustler Reg, either way he's outta here, again .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby tonyeh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:42 am

cardiff-red » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:47 pm wrote:
and here he is out front of Melwood

:laugh:

That could be Grace feckin Jones, for all I know.

Please Mario, prove me wrong and don't act the maggot.
tonyeh

Postby laza » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:31 am

RedAnt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:31 pm wrote:It always amuses me when posters post their opinions as facts, emphasised by strings of punctuation (ie the whole team is garbage!!!!!!!!!!, Balotelli hasn't played for us but he's already garbage!!!!!!!) and then demand facts from others (ie do you know for a FACT he took a pay cut?????).

It's funny for a little while at least, like watching a baby deer take its first steps :)

Can't wait to see Mario in action. He's a big, powerful lad and will bring a new dimension to the squad.

Its mindboggling this type of characters who carry on like at the forum

Though on plus the club must be doing something right to attract these trolls back to this forum

As for Mario well now that's if official

Welcome to best club in the world and I hope you prove all the doubters wrong
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:37 pm

welcome mario good asset to the squad just needs B R to put is arm round him and point him in the right direction
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:00 am

Mario keen to immerse himself in Liverpool Culture has posted this.

the original

:buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:21 am

Bill Shankly Rules » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:32 pm wrote:

Posting based on the information available in the media you absolute cretin. Someone needs to slap some sense into you.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:55 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:00 am wrote:Mario keen to immerse himself in Liverpool Culture has posted this.

the original

:buttrock

he's nuts isnt he  :laugh:
hopefully though he has lost his child like mentality when he takes to the pitch  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion