Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby laza » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:47 am

Yeah I enjoy Longmire Woof

Looked at Crossbones and Dominion but neither have really grabbed me at the moment
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:11 pm

Kyle XY seasons on the sky box set catch up is really good.

Sci Fi with a warm fuzzy retro feel.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:23 am

Currently watching a bunch of new and relatively new shows. Unfortunately there isn't a "must see" amongst them.

However, Rush, Manhattan and Reckless are all worth checking out. The first Episode of "Legend" (Sean Bean) looks OK, although admittedly I'm already getting a "seen it all before" feeling.

Last Ship failed to hold my interest as has The Leftovers.

Graceland now in it's second season is still going strong, deffo worth a watch if you're into undercover cop stuff.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:42 pm

Enjoying the second season of Utopia

Go Mr Rabbit
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Anyone caught "The Strain"?

A thriller that tells the story of Dr. Ephraim Goodweather, the head of the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph, his team, and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers, wage war for the fate of humanity itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqcuyXeN8O8

Not bad, watched about 3 episodes so far, decent.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:11 am

Yeah im enjoying the Strain mate though the lead actor is bit of a minus for me

On the plus side though the Game of Thrones wedding planner being the Van Hesling type is a big plus
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:48 am

Final season of Boardwalk Empire starts to air in the US sept 7th  :buttrock

Pity it's the final season, thought the show would run longer than it has   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby andy_g » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:27 pm

i'm watching breaking bad. for the 3rd time!! i watched it all through again while waiting for the last few episodes, and now the mrs has decided to watch it so i'm more than happy to accompany her. it really doesn't lose much on repeated viewings. and so i just saw the announcements that walt isn't really dead and they are going to make a 6th season. on the one hand its exciting to hear there will be more, but i can't help feeling its going to be a let down.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:00 pm

andy_g » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:27 pm wrote:i'm watching breaking bad. for the 3rd time!! i watched it all through again while waiting for the last few episodes, and now the mrs has decided to watch it so i'm more than happy to accompany her. it really doesn't lose much on repeated viewings. and so i just saw the announcements that walt isn't really dead and they are going to make a 6th season. on the one hand its exciting to hear there will be more, but i can't help feeling its going to be a let down.

Know what you're saying but I've got faith in the guys who produced it, can't wait for season 6

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:53 pm

andy_g » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:27 am wrote:i'm watching breaking bad. for the 3rd time!! i watched it all through again while waiting for the last few episodes, and now the mrs has decided to watch it so i'm more than happy to accompany her. it really doesn't lose much on repeated viewings. and so i just saw the announcements that walt isn't really dead and they are going to make a 6th season. on the one hand its exciting to hear there will be more, but i can't help feeling its going to be a let down.

What?? How can they do that to the series? It was just nice how it ended. More seasons and it's gonna become like dexter for its final 2 seasons, a massive let down...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:08 pm

woof, i also think the writers and producers are hugely talented. but what i'm thinking is that, in their eyes as well, the show was finished. all the story arcs had played out as much as they needed to and they'd wrapped it up with that scene of walt dying on the floor of the meth lab. this seems to me like a later decision to tag on some extra material that is not really necessary and could even weaken the impact the series has had.

basically, if they fúck it up i'll be the one who knocks...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:09 am

Again I know what you're saying Andy BUT what if they actually manage to pull it off and give us another superb season ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:23 am

maguskwt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:53 pm wrote:
andy_g » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:27 am wrote:i'm watching breaking bad. for the 3rd time!! i watched it all through again while waiting for the last few episodes, and now the mrs has decided to watch it so i'm more than happy to accompany her. it really doesn't lose much on repeated viewings. and so i just saw the announcements that walt isn't really dead and they are going to make a 6th season. on the one hand its exciting to hear there will be more, but i can't help feeling its going to be a let down.

What?? How can they do that to the series? It was just nice how it ended. More seasons and it's gonna become like dexter for its final 2 seasons, a massive let down...

The final episodes were pretty lame as the standard set by the rest of the box set goes.

I saw an interview with Brian Cranston and he alluded to the fact that you never saw a body bag or burial at the end. In fact you never see the death full stop.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:59 pm

There is no series 6.
The announcement was a hoax from an american magazine.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby laza » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:07 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:59 pm wrote:There is no series 6.
The announcement was a hoax from an american magazine.

Wish  I had  read this post first because I was little surprised to hear there going to be a series 6   :laugh:
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum