Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Boocity » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:26 am

As I said before on this thread, I can't stand Eto'o, just an arrogant mercenary hope we don't end up with him
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:02 pm

Brendan Rodgers search for another goalkeeper could return him to Argentina stopper Sergio Romero, after he turned down a move to Dynamo Moscow.

According to Il Secolo, the keeper didn't fancy a move to Russia and now Liverpool could move to bring him to Anfield to challenge Simon Mignolet.

A £1.6million fee between Liverpool and Romero's club Sampdoria had reportedly already been agreed, before the Russian side made their advance.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:46 am wrote:
parchpea » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:44 pm wrote:Looks like Etoo is a back up option if Balotelli falls through and providing it doesn't we just need an average keeper
to cover, and with respect finding a better goalie than Brad Jones shouldn't take a lot of work or money.

Alex Song was mentioned which would be the cherry on the cake if we would get him and offload Lucas, but now
Im expecting too much, unbelievable window and credit to Ayres who I have absolutely slaughtered in the past.

God only knows what changed with him this summer but something did, maybe the club just became more attractive.

It has been an amazing window but I read somewhere that our net spend is only £22m!
Suarez going for that type of money has allowed us to spend heavier than we have ever done in our entire 122 year history without running the risk of doing a 'Leeds' and gambling away our future.

Yeah, I've been doing the math myself for the past few weeks and 20m sounds about right. That's IF we sell Borini and Assaidi though. If we sell players such as Agger and Lucas our net spending might even go down to zero!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:46 pm

cardiff-red » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:02 pm wrote:Brendan Rodgers search for another goalkeeper could return him to Argentina stopper Sergio Romero, after he turned down a move to Dynamo Moscow.

According to Il Secolo, the keeper didn't fancy a move to Russia and now Liverpool could move to bring him to Anfield to challenge Simon Mignolet.

A £1.6million fee between Liverpool and Romero's club Sampdoria had reportedly already been agreed, before the Russian side made their advance.

From what I've seen from this guy he's very similar to Mignolet and I don't really want him. But considering the ridiculously low fee maybe we should get him and at least have competition for Mign. I like Jones but he's no more than a third choice keeper. I still think we missed out BIG TIME for not going after Diego Lopez. Surely he would have picked us over Milan.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Sportmediaset claim Napoli have agreed terms with Liverpool for Lucas Leiva on loan with option to buy.

According to the Italian sources, a deal has been struck with the Reds to reunite Lucas with his old Coach Rafa Benitez.

Napoli would pay €2m to have the Brazilian midfielder on loan for one season, plus an option to buy for a further €10m in July 2015.

It’s reported the Partenopei definitively moved in for Lucas after Marouane Fellaini suffered an injury, making the Manchester United man a less appetising prospect.

He’ll replaced Blerim Dzemaili, as the Swiss international is widely expected to join Milan this summer for €3m.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:14 pm

cardiff-red » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:35 pm wrote:Sportmediaset claim Napoli have agreed terms with Liverpool for Lucas Leiva on loan with option to buy.

According to the Italian sources, a deal has been struck with the Reds to reunite Lucas with his old Coach Rafa Benitez.

Napoli would pay €2m to have the Brazilian midfielder on loan for one season, plus an option to buy for a further €10m in July 2015.

It’s reported the Partenopei definitively moved in for Lucas after Marouane Fellaini suffered an injury, making the Manchester United man a less appetising prospect.

He’ll replaced Blerim Dzemaili, as the Swiss international is widely expected to join Milan this summer for €3m.

I'm f*cking sick of these loans man. If we want to get rid just cash in right away. What stops Napoli from returning Lucas to us after the loan ends? I'm still having nightmares about what those Italians did to us with Aquilani.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:49 pm

Heard Napoli wanted Felliani but he s out injured for a while. Apparently they are now considering Lucas and Sandro at spurs
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Also Balague saying Di Maria going to Utd for £60-70m, so once that goes through no doubt Madrid will be getting Falcao. Was always a long shot Falcao coming here but good to see us give it a go
Doeboy

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:18 pm

cardiff-red » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:02 am wrote:Brendan Rodgers search for another goalkeeper could return him to Argentina stopper Sergio Romero, after he turned down a move to Dynamo Moscow.

Could have got Bergovic while we have a chance...now he is wanted by too many teams will probably be priced out of our range
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:19 pm

Can't we just get rid of deadwoods such as Borini, Aspas & Lucas once and for all, and raise the (partial) cash for another top player?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Doeboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:05 pm wrote:Also Balague saying Di Maria going to Utd for £60-70m, so once that goes through no doubt Madrid will be getting Falcao. Was always a long shot Falcao coming here but good to see us give it a go

I hope United spend a fortune on him, DiMaria is a good player but I don't think his game will suit the prem at all, he's another Nani IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Santa » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:19 pm wrote:Can't we just get rid of deadwoods such as Borini, Aspas & Lucas once and for all, and raise the (partial) cash for another top player?

They don't want to leave mate, Assaidi is another one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:26 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:05 pm wrote:Also Balague saying Di Maria going to Utd for £60-70m, so once that goes through no doubt Madrid will be getting Falcao. Was always a long shot Falcao coming here but good to see us give it a go

I hope United spend a fortune on him, DiMaria is a good player but I don't think his game will suit the prem at all, he's another Nani IMO.

Think Di maria is a fantastic player and Nani is not fit to lace he's boots. He gets overshadowed at Real but apparently had the most assists in la liga last year and can see why Ancelotti wasnt keen on letting him go.

Think he will do very well at Utd under Lvg however their defence is Sh*t and don't think someone like Di maria is really a priority for them
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Doeboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:56 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:26 pm wrote:

Think Di maria is a fantastic player and Nani is not fit to lace he's boots. He gets overshadowed at Real but apparently had the most assists in la liga last year and can see why Ancelotti wasnt keen on letting him go.

Think he will do very well at Utd under Lvg however their defence is Sh*t and don't think someone like Di maria is really a priority for them

He goes to ground at the slightest contact though mate, I don't think he'd be suited to the hurly burly of the prem.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Don't agree. I think he has the pace and trickery to cause a lot of problems here. Most of his going to ground is down to theatrics and looking for free kicks rather than being genuinely outmuscled by defenders. Once he realises ref's are not going to fall for it so much over here, think he probably stay on his feet much more. Sky reporting a fee of £45-55m. If Utd get him, that will be Di Maria, Mata, Rooney and Rvp in attack and Herrara behind them, which is a serious pool of talent at the top end of the field. However their defence is seriously *****, I would rather some of our youth lad's than the junk they put out for the first team
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill