Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:44 pm

I hope I am wrong, but my gut feeling is Balotelli will start off very well but then will tail off and become his usual self. Again, this is just my gut feeling and I could be and hope I'm be totally wrong.

Just get the feeling he is one of those players who thrives on attention and he will get that at us when he signs. Once that initial buzz has worn off in his eyes, I don't think he is the type to get down and graft and give 100% even though the talent is no doubt there
Doeboy

Postby Greavesie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:05 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:23 pm wrote:
Greavesie » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:00 pm wrote:Rodgers has certainly got himself some graft if he's gonna keep Mario in check. Not sure it's a wise choice but value wise we've got a good deal

do you think he was a signing brendan pushed for or was it the committee ?
just putting it out there as he rubbished the links with him last month and basically assured the media that he wouldnt be a liverpool player.

He fits Brendan's ethos so I reckon he wanted him. He denied wanting him a month back so that seems to be getting over analysed now. If he said he wanted him and the approach never came to fruition that would have been viewed as negative for us. I personally think Brendan played it right, whether intentional or not
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:54 pm

pearce on the turnaround to sign balotelli
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/ho ... ch-7654691?

apparently we are looking for guarantees from him that he will behave, there is also talk of financial penalties if he doesnt. they also say he wont be registered in time to face city on monday.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/li ... li-7654697?

could go T!Ts up yet  :eyebrow
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:51 am

Napoli coach Rafa Benitez is considering a raid on his former club Liverpool for a couple of players, according to reports in Italy. Tuttosport claims that, with Mario Balotelli on his way to Anfield, Napoli are interested in a loan deal, with a view to a permanent arrangement, for Fabio Borini, who is also wanted by Sunderland. Gazzetta dello Sport, meanwhile, claims that midfielder Lucas Leiva remains on Benitez's wish-list, providing Napoli qualify for the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:51 pm

these rumours about eto just refuse to disappear  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Gus Poyet just confirmed Sunderland are still interested in signing Fabio Borini from Liverpool. Up to the player now @itvfootball
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:09 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:56 pm wrote:Gus Poyet just confirmed Sunderland are still interested in signing Fabio Borini from Liverpool. Up to the player now @itvfootball

Well if Eto'o comes that makes him fifth choice, it can't get clearer than that!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:21 pm

jaysus poyet, how dumb is he ? its pretty obvious borini is taking the p!$$ out of him. we have accepted sunderlands bid so its borini thats giving him the run around.
if we had a bid accepted for a player and he kept us waiting for over a month with no decision then id want the club to bin him and look for an alternative. i certainly wouldnt be applauding a player who only wants to come as a last resort  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:26 pm

cardiff-red » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:56 pm wrote:Gus Poyet just confirmed Sunderland are still interested in signing Fabio Borini from Liverpool. Up to the player now @itvfootball

It's been like that for the entire window! Fabio, just pack your damn bags lad, you're not going to play here. Hope those loan to Napoli rumors aren't true, no way we should give him on loan and risk the chance of him returning next season after we've been offered 14 million for him.

Hoped those Eto'o rumors would go away by now, since we're signing Balotelli. Come on Brendan, we don't need that guy.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:47 pm

I can not see how we can keep ballotelli etoo and Sturridge happy as well as having sterling markovic and countinho

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 pm

Goal aren't reliable but they're claiming Eto'o has opted to join #LFC and is undergoing a medical today, which is taking place outside UK.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Can't see us signing Eto'o as well as Balotelli.
Btw sky sports news are reporting in 'Elvis has left the building' style that Balotelli has arrived at Melwood.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:11 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Why not Eto'o? he has scored a bunch in the recent years and still has 1-2 good years in him. What is this huge objection of having him as an impact sub?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:31 pm

only me » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:23 pm wrote:Why not Eto'o? he has scored a bunch in the recent years and still has 1-2 good years in him. What is this huge objection of having him as an impact sub?

I agree mate, after giving it some thought i would be happy to have Eto'o as a back up striker as long as we can get the Borini deal done

4 strikers in Sturridge, Ballotelli, Lambert and Eto'o with all our flair players providing the amo would frighten anyone
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill