Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 am

This is one that we'll have to see how it plays out….personally I think it is a fun and exciting signing. We'll see how Brendan and the mgt group sort him out….personally I think these types of players are looking for a home and looking for love. Go to a City and you're one of a million fly by nighters revolving through their doors. Come here and you can be immortalized. If there's a crowd that are going to take a player to their hearts, it's us and perhaps that is all he needs.

Personally I don't think that this was the first choice signing, but I am also not convinced it is the last striker we will sign either. I have a feeling that we might be showing our intent to our first choice striker as well. We need 4 good ones to compete in all competitions with adequate cover etc, with Mario we have 2, for me Lambert is an impact sub and not much more (happy to have him :))….I think we might see another one come our way too.

Panic buy?? not sure, chasing Clint Dempsey and not getting him felt a lot worse  :buttrock
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:40 am

woof woof ! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:32 am wrote:
JC_81 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:19 pm wrote:I'm still trying to work out if he counts as a marquee signing but I'm on board with it either way :laugh:

If by marquee you mean one of these

the answer is definitely YES !

:D

You're getting old, grumpy and sarky Woof  :D , where's your sense of adventure?
Homebooby

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:53 am

News this morning is saying that fee is agreed but personal terms haven't been discussed yet. Some outlets are suggesting we are insisting on a Suarez style good behaviour clause.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:08 am

RedAnt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:03 pm wrote:Is what a fact?

The report I read early this morning was from the BBC, that Liverpool and Milan had agreed a £16m fee for Ballotelli. I believe it. Not sure of further developments.

So he hasnt signed yet?
Thanks
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:16 am

Thommo's perm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:08 am wrote:

The report I read early this morning was from the BBC, that Liverpool and Milan had agreed a £16m fee for Ballotelli. I believe it. Not sure of further developments.

So he hasnt signed yet?
Thanks

No he has not signed, he is not even in Liverpool at the moment, he is due to fly in late morning and the medical is due this evening / tomorrow morning
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:42 am

If he plays well then he'll play regular, if he d!cks about and starts to be a problem then for £16m Brendan can just drop him, replace him in January and probably still recoup £12m-£14m back for him. It's a no lose situation.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:43 am

cardiff-red » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:16 am wrote:

So he hasnt signed yet?
Thanks

No he has not signed, he is not even in Liverpool at the moment, he is due to fly in late morning and the medical is due this evening / tomorrow morning

Pointless clause, just risks f*cking up the whole deal.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:00 am

cardiff-red » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:16 am wrote:

So he hasnt signed yet?
Thanks

Just wondering why you havent insisted that this should be put in the transfer rumours section?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:06 am

Just wondering why you havent insisted that this should be put in the transfer rumours section?
???

haha  :grinning:  I have given up mate
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:21 am

Well... It's not a rumour is it? It's actual business being done by Liverpool FC. Not sure what's confusing Thommo. It's all here in black and white. Nobody claimed a done deal, certainly not me. And so far as I'm aware the BBC dosent deal in rumours. That's where I read it. There's lots of other articles too. Though I sense Thommo has little to say about the topic and is just amusing himself.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 am

RedAnt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:21 am wrote:Well... It's not a rumour is it? It's actual business being done by Liverpool FC. Not sure what's confusing Thommo. It's all here in black and white. Nobody claimed a done deal, certainly not me. And so far as I'm aware the BBC dosent deal in rumours. That's where I read it. There's lots of other articles too. Though I sense Thommo has little to say about the topic and is just amusing himself.

A while back i posted an official thread for a new player (who hadn't quite signed yet) and had the thread removed by a staff member, then on another occasion i noticed Thommo had done the same thing and i highlighted this, wanted to know why there were rules for one but not another

So i guess it's just banter on Thommo's part, nothing serious meant, just a harmless bit of banter  :D
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 am

That it is mate
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 pm

James Pearce of Liverpool Echo has just confirmed the medical...

LFC talks with Balotelli agent have reached successful conclusion. Player will now fly into UK this afternoon to begin medical.

Balotelli to Liverpool FC edging closer as Mario flies in for medical, Striker will now travel to the North West and meet manager Brendan Rodgers

Mario Balotelli's £16million move to Liverpool is edging closer with the Italy international set to fly to the UK later today.

After further discussions with his agent Mino Raiola this morning the Reds received the reassurances they wanted about the striker's willingness to agree to behavioural clauses in his contract.

As a result arrangements have now been made for Balotelli to travel to the North West. He will meet Brendan Rodgers face to face and begin his medical.

Personal terms are already in place with Balotelli having agreed a deal worth around £110,000 per week.

The transfer could be completed over the weekend but the 24-year-old won't be registered in time for Monday's Premier League clash with his former club Manchester City.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:46 pm

sensational sports news had vinny o connor at melwood and he reckoned mario was on a private jet heading to manchester. the medical will be done there but not before face to face talks with rodgers.
rodgers pre match presser is scheduled for 2 o clock today so he is expected to go after that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:21 pm

RedAnt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:21 am wrote:Well... It's not a rumour is it? It's actual business being done by Liverpool FC. Not sure what's confusing Thommo. It's all here in black and white. Nobody claimed a done deal, certainly not me. And so far as I'm aware the BBC dosent deal in rumours. That's where I read it. There's lots of other articles too. Though I sense Thommo has little to say about the topic and is just amusing himself.

Well I think I agree with them, maybe you could have waited until the transfer was absolutely official before opening an official thread.

Anyways, I'm not worried about the fact that Mario will bring us a lot of unwanted attention, and make no mistake, similar to Suarez, Balotelli will give us headaches with his behavior. But at least Suarez always gave 110%, didn't harm our team spirit (quite the opposite), was a team player and scored tons of goals. If we can make Mario do the same I'll have no problem with him, regardless of what else he does. I wouldn't believe that this is achievable, but considering we have the best psychologist-manager on the planet, I'm a bit hopeful. What ever happens, we're in for a show with this guy.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion