Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JC_81 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:19 pm

True yakka.  Puts it into perspective.

I'm still trying to work out if he counts as a marquee signing but I'm on board with it either way :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:31 pm

I don't doubt the lad's talent for one minute. He has the tools to be one of the best strikers in the world IMO.  My main concernis  can/will he give 100% throughout a season. I get the impression he has to feel as though he is the main man to get the best out of him and that is not likely to be the case with Sturridge here. I actually think he will start off very well with the attention and eyes on being a big new signing and then tail off and his resort to usual self when that initial buzz dies down. I desperately hope I'm wrong and Balotelli has/is maturing and Brendan gets him in the zone. For the last few years, so used to Suarez giving 100%, it would be such a come down seeing Balotelli plodding around the field. But it looks like it is very close now, so I'm behind the lad 100% and hope he bangs them in for us
Doeboy

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:28 pm

One good thing is, I doubt he will get 4 month bans like Suarez.

Hopefully he comes with the right attitude.

Maybe he has chosen Anfield as he likes the strip clubs in town. He was photographed outside Liverpool Strip Clubs when playing for City.

At least the lads got something to do of a weekend on Merseyside :)
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm

He'll be a Fecking legend I can almost feel it. One thing for sure he'll keep the management on their toes. Hold on tight lads this could be a fun ride.

Personally I think he's a great talent, 24, still got his best years in front of him, he might settle down a bit. I just hope he doesn't try that silly back heel when in front of goal again
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Keris » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:26 pm

leeroy74 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:04 am wrote:I just hope he doesn't try that silly back heel when in front of goal again

He just might & we will hate him for it, but he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector......wait, f.uck!!!
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Is this a fact or a rumour?
Only someone complained and deleted my thread when I mentioned that a person had become a Liverpool player before he had signed for us?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:03 pm

Is what a fact?

The report I read early this morning was from the BBC, that Liverpool and Milan had agreed a £16m fee for Ballotelli. I believe it. Not sure of further developments.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby crazyhorse » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:38 pm

Deal to be done by tomorrow lunchtime so he can play for us at the weekend!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:48 pm

I have said it before and will say it again, he is a f**king fruit loop.

But once he signs and puts our shirt on, he is our f**king fruit loop.

One of us.  :buttrock

Let's just hope he has matured a bit.

Two things though:

- If he scores against City you just know a hilarious celebration is in order.
- This thread will not doubt have the most posts in it, by the end of this season.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby killerp » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:18 am

Balotelli is one character who does not sit well on the bench, if he does not have the spotlight he is busy burning his mansion down. I can't see Rodgers playing two strikers with so many attacking midfielders. Who are you going to drop?

Here's the latest achievement from our prospective new striker, I'd expect something like this from an 8 yr old brat

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... -world-cup

I'm 50/50 on this... So long as squad morale is not disturbed I'll let Rodgers gamble his heart away.

I would only employ him as an impact player even if he has superior skill to Sturridge.

This guy does not have a reputation of making up for his misdemeaners, that's where Suarez always came good.
killerp

Postby RedAnt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:30 am

killerp » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 pm wrote:
This guy does not have a reputation of making up for his misdemeaners, that's where Suarez always came good.

Not quite true. If Suarez had bitten someone once then he'd have made up for his misdemeanours. Three times though? What's that old saying? Bite me once, fool you, bite me thrice, fool me. And besides, football is full of bratts, like Ronaldo, Suarez and countless others throughout the ages. But they all play for City (you missed my birfday, boohoo) and Milan and Madrid and all the other top teams. That's a good sign :)
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:39 am

I just wonder why we are getting him so cheap, 16m in todays money is dirt cheap for a 24 year old decent striker,( wen we paid 25m for llalana) is it coz Milan are sick of him and want to get rid? Why is he leaving the San Siro for Anfield?

That is a mystery why we have got him so cheap. Why is he leaving serie a, when he wanted to leave city + country, then seemed settled in milan and scored 30 in 50 games. Suddenly coming back to English football???

Why????

Its a bit of a weird move, in my opinion. Alarm bells?

Discuss.....
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby alxy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:24 am

Suarez was a problem on the field, but from what reports says, he was a perfect angel off-it, with a superb attitude towards training. That is bound to have a chain effect on the others. Here is a superstar and he's training harder than anyone else. But Balotelli's problems seem to be more off-the-pitch. Which might affect us even more if BR doesn't clamp down on him hard.

That said, he has been relatively quiet when he was with Milan, so let's hope he has matured some. Purely on football terms, wouldn't mind seeing him come off the bench during critical moments during key games.  He's proven he can take that sort of pressure.

Anyway, as eds said, he may be a nutcase, but he's OUR nutcase now....so all the best to Balotelli! :)
alxy

Postby only me » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:49 am

Another concern with Mario is his capacity to work with Daniel as a pair...Clash of the titans if you ask me.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:32 am

JC_81 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:19 pm wrote:I'm still trying to work out if he counts as a marquee signing but I'm on board with it either way :laugh:

If by marquee you mean one of these

the answer is definitely YES !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion