LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jacdaniel » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:06 am

I still think Lucas has a big part to play for us. 
Hendo and Allen are better further forward pressing the opponent high up the pitch and contributing to attacks. 

Lucas is the only DM we have if Gerrard gets injured or can't play every game.  (which WILL happen this season)

The problem is, he just can't be played in a 2 with Gerrard.  The reasons have been discussed in detail before and are obvious for all to see.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:38 pm

If Lucas is our only DM when Gerrard is injured, then we are well and truly fu'cked!
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Surely he is only going to play games we can win even with him as a liability in the side.

There will be more of a rotation this year with the Champs League but if Lucas starts more than a dozen games
I will disappointed.

Honestly he has been stinking the place out for so long now I am starting to wonder if he's got a contract for life
bless him  :oops:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:15 am

[quote="jacdaniel » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:06 am
Lucas is the only DM we have if Gerrard gets injured or can't play every game.  (which WILL happen this season)

[/quote]

I thought new signing Emre Can was primarily a DM  ???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 am

woof woof ! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:15 am wrote:[quote="jacdaniel » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:06 am

I thought new signing Emre Can was primarily a DM  ???[/quote]

Possibly so, I've heard he was more of a Hendo, Allen type though.  Pressing high and a good engine. 
I guess we'll see over the next few weeks. 

Point is though... I don't think Lucas is as bad as people are making out.
He was part of the midfield that dominated at white hart lane last year in the the 5 - 0 win where Spuds didn't even record a shot on target. 

He just shouldn't play alongside Gerrard.  They don't compliment each other at all.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:48 am

]jacdaniel » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:02 am wrote:
Point is though... I don't think Lucas is as bad as people are making out.
He was part of the midfield that dominated at white hart lane last year in the the 5 - 0 win where Spuds didn't even record a shot on target. 

He just shouldn't play alongside Gerrard.  They don't compliment each other at all.

The 5-0 win against spudz was a our best performance by a mile and it defined the football Rodgers wanted to play ,we just blew them away with sheer work rate
and energy ,and it was a powerful display ....Everyone knows how highly I rate Lucas's importance to the team ,so I wont expound any further on the subject ,but
we will miss him if Pirlo ,sorry Gerrard  picks up an injury.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:54 am

This is Anfield put a tweet up saying Rogers was wrong to pick Lucas and he favourited it.

May well have been his last game in a red shirt
Kopite-Jud

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:40 pm

Kopite-Jud » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:54 am wrote:and he favourited it

who, rodgers ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:14 pm

No mate, Lucas
Kopite-Jud

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:41 pm

cheers, thought brendan had lost the run of himself there for a second  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:38 pm

Serious question:
What does Lucas bring to the team, i.e. what is the benefit of him being on the pitch?
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:29 am

Thommo's perm » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:38 pm wrote:Serious question:
What does Lucas bring to the team, i.e. what is the benefit of him being on the pitch?

He's steady, he follows the coach's instructions, he keeps the ball ticking over, he is a true professional, he's reliable, he gives everything despite his limitations
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:42 pm

At the moment, nothing. He is not mobile enough and his positioning is not at the level of a top holding midfielder, to plug the holes that the team often leave behind...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:17 pm

LFC has always tried to compose itself with dignity and honour. Liverpool is a working city, and I guess Lucas's work ethic, loyalty and professionalism make him an ideal fit, at least on a moral level. He's a decent player who dosen't rock the boat and we need a good squad with plenty of depth. Personally I've never rated him onfield, not at our level. He has niether the grace and finesse of Alonso, or the terrier-like abilities of Mascherano. He falls somewhere in between. For me that is the problem. In the DM role you need one or the other. Having an option is even better. If we had another option, we might see Lucas improve. But alas I don't think Lucas has much capacity to learn a lot more.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm

kazza » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:29 am wrote:

He's steady, he follows the coach's instructions, he keeps the ball ticking over, he is a true professional, he's reliable, he gives everything despite his limitations

You have basically insulted him and said he was garbage there. I am in total agreement by the way, he brings absolutely nothing to the team. If a club could win trophies with the type of player you have described then Im sure he would be in demand to all top teams in the world.
But he isnt because hes not good enough.
:no
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion