Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:36 pm

James Pearce (Liverpool Echo)

£16m fee agreed. Just a case of agreeing personal terms now in terms of Balotelli's move to Anfield

If Borini leaves for the reported 14 million, then you have to admit this is a great bit of business
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Mourinho talks about Baliotelli

:laugh:

On the one hand I'm laughing but on the other I'm very worried   :wwww

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:44 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:36 am wrote:James Pearce (Liverpool Echo)

£16m fee agreed. Just a case of agreeing personal terms now in terms of Balotelli's move to Anfield

If Borini leaves for the reported 14 million, then you have to admit this is a great bit of business

Getting rid of dead wood for a head case isn't good Biz in my book. We are falling victims ,again, to our wishful thinking pattern. Balloteli is Krap ,it's not a coincidence he is swapping teams like dirty socks ,he is trouble and he isn't that good. But it's no wonder all those who rate Lucas and Glen think Mario will succeed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:47 pm

only me » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:44 am wrote:

Getting rid of dead wood for a head case isn't good Biz in my book. We are falling victims ,again, to our wishful thinking pattern. Balloteli is Krap ,it's not a coincidence he is swapping teams like dirty socks ,he is trouble and he isn't that good. But it's no wonder all those who rate Lucas and Glen think Mario will succeed.

Yet.. you were happy for us to spend the same kind of money on 29 year old Lavezzi who isn't even a striker  :help
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:53 pm

cardiff-red » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:47 am wrote:
only me » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:44 am wrote:

Yet.. you were happy for us to spend the same kind of money on 29 year old Lavezzi who isn't even a striker  :help

I'll take a hard working talented donkey over a serial problem maker any day of the week. Smell of desperation reeks from this transfer.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:10 pm

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:12 pm

I'm surprising calm about this transfer to be honest.

On one hand he is a liability but on the other hand he has flashes of brilliance, and it is the latter that we need. Suarez came with baggage yet Rodgers focussed attention on him and he pretty much was consistently brilliant.

I would have no reason whatsoever to doubt Rodger's having a very positive effect on Balotelli. Simply building a team around him and offering him a platform to prove doubters wrong seems a great opportunity. Especially at £16M.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:13 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:12 pm wrote:I'm surprising calm about this transfer to be honest.

On one hand he is a liability but on the other hand he has flashes of brilliance, and it is the latter that we need. Suarez came with baggage yet Rodgers focussed attention on him and he pretty much was consistently brilliant.

I would have no reason whatsoever to doubt Rodger's having a very positive effect on Balotelli. Simply building a team around him and offering him a platform to prove doubters wrong seems a great opportunity. Especially at £16M.

He's also Italy's number 9, which makes the fee all the more remarkable. Especially if we flog Borini for 14 million
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:39 pm

the problem with balotelli is himself  :nod no one doubts his potential or pedrigree but his conduct and workrate will be the problem. is he ready to grow up ? or is he going to bring a circus with him ?.
i just genuinely hope rodgers has sat him down and addressed these concerns with him and has got assurances that he is coming here to knuckle down and work hard for the club, the team and the fans  :nod not for himself.
if he proves he can do this then he will be loved.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:44 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:39 pm wrote:the problem with balotelli is himself  :nod no one doubts his potential or pedrigree but his conduct and workrate will be the problem. is he ready to grow up ? or is he going to bring a circus with him ?.
i just genuinely hope rodgers has sat him down and addressed these concerns with him and has got assurances that he is coming here to knuckle down and work hard for the club, the team and the fans  :nod not for himself.

Wishful thinking again....Lucas....Glen....All over again...Anyway if i'm wrong i can count on the board members to stone me alive. :)

Why not take Chicherito? Even Wellbeck? Even try getting Torres back...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:50 pm

only me » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:44 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:39 pm wrote:the problem with balotelli is himself  :nod no one doubts his potential or pedrigree but his conduct and workrate will be the problem. is he ready to grow up ? or is he going to bring a circus with him ?.

Wishful thinking again....Lucas....Glen....All over again...Anyway if i'm wrong i can count on the board members to stone me alive. :)

Why not take Chicherito? Even Wellbeck? Even try getting Torres back...

Torres  :laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:52 pm

I cant believe he is only 24

Not sure what to make of this if it does eventuate but at that price at least it aint going to be Andy Carroll situation
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 pm

laza » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:52 pm wrote:I cant believe he is only 24

Not sure what to make of this if it does eventuate but at that price at least it aint going to be Andy Carroll situation

Exactly.

Regardless if there are some that hate him.

£16M @ 90K per week for a player that has won league titles, domestic titles and a CL - is not bad business.

To put in perspective - Shane Long just went for £12M to Southampton.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:10 pm

Liverpool are still hoping to finalise a deal to sign former Chelsea striker Samuel Eto'o - despite the impending arrival of Mario Balotelli from AC Milan.

The Reds opened talks with Eto'o last week about a shock switch to Anfield, with manager Brendan Rodgers keen to bolster his attacking options.

And despite the fact that they're closing in on Milan's Balotelli, Sky Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio says a move for Eto'o is close.

He claims that there have been fresh negotiations between Liverpool and the striker's agents in the last 24 hours and the deal could be sealed soon.

It's thought that Rodgers had some concerns about Eto'o's fitness, but those have now been dismissed, and all parties are pushing for the agreement to happen.

Ajax pulled out of the race for player yesterday after he failed to turn up to their latest meeting.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:38 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill