Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:17 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:05 pm wrote:it appears we can't get rid of assaidi due to his demands  :down:
http://www.squawka.com/news/stoke-chair ... ugh/161754?

the club need to rethink its strategy of signing these type of players on long term deals as its proving difficult to shift them.

surprised about this one but the player seems to think its true  ???
http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=6382

still feel we dropped the ball on this one  :nod
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ut-of-race

Like yourself mate, i was looking forward to seeing Remy in our team, would have been a perfect fit for our system.... however the rumor's were that he had a hole in the heart and also the other rumor was he showed up cocaine use in tests  :eyebrow

Imagine if these kind of things come up in a medical situation they would need to pass this information onto the insurance company and they may say hell no to insuring him

Still a real shame
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:27 pm

Tony Barrett confirming the Balotelli enquiries, maybe a loan.

Please God let this be, love the maverick players and Liverpool is their home  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:08 am

Would prefer Cavani or Falcao over Balotelli, as I just can't see him being the right fit at out club (outside his crazy antics anyway).

Still hoping that one of the South Americans will sign for us (even if it is for a season).
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ethanr » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:07 am

This one seems to be picking up. He has done stupid Sh*t, but at least he hasn't done anything that has caused him to be banned for long periods of time... (right?) I feel he hasn't had any incidents recently, and he does know how to find the back of the net.

It'd be better than eto'o, bony or remy I feel, especially if he's matured a bit. Rogers seems capable of getting the best out of players with attitude problems.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:01 am

Balloteli Loan would be a pathetic move why in gods name would we go for such a troubled drug-queen which everyone hates? He will Moan ,Soak ,get suspended and finish an average season it's written all over this lad career ,another desperate move/rumor.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:39 am

only me » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:01 am wrote:Balloteli Loan would be a pathetic move why in gods name would we go for such a troubled drug-queen which everyone hates? He will Moan ,Soak ,get suspended and finish an average season it's written all over this lad career ,another desperate move/rumor.

Probably the reason why we might take him on loan, instead of buying him outright.

Don't really agree on the conclusions you are jumping to but at the end of the day I think we agree he isn't the right fit for different reasons.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:00 am

Face it. We're not going to get a tier 1 striker. We're out of the CL too long
These strikers will only have memories of the last 10 years max, during which time the Mancs, Real Madrid, Barca and others were top of the pile. Or else drunken moneybags oligarchs funded Chelsea or Citeh. Where would YOU go?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:00 am

AC Millan official TV station have confirmed that LFC are in talks to sign AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli on a permanent deal

The BBC are now reporting this on their official website http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28878088
Last edited by C-R on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:04 am

Mario Balotelli's agent has flown to England as the AC Milan striker closes in on a switch to Liverpool.

The Reds ramped up their interest in Balotelli yesterday, opening talks with Milan over a loan deal before being told he would only leave in a permanent deal.

Italian reports suggest a £17.6million bid has gone in, and now Gianluca Di Marzio says the striker's agent Mino Raiola has flown to England to work on the transfer.

It's thought that Liverpool's opening offer is short of Milan's asking price, but Raiola is pushing to get his client a move to Anfield.

The former Manchester City hitman is yet to decide whether he wants to move back to the Premier League but the lure of Champions League football could prove difficult to turn down.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:18 am

SKY all over it now too

Liverpool have opened talks with AC Milan over a move for striker Mario Balotelli, Sky sources understand.

Boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to add another forward to his squad and appears to have turned to Balotelli after growing frustrated in his pursuit of Monaco's Colombia striker Radamel Falcao.

Rodgers had previously appeared reticent about Balotelli's attitude and character and stated a couple of weeks ago the former Manchester City player was not one of his targets.

Balotelli's three seasons at City were blighted by trouble, on and off the field, although he did manage 30 goals for the club in all competitions.

Although there had been talk of a season-long loan, Milan would prefer a permanent deal for Balotelli and it appears such a deal is now being explored.

Source: Sky Sports
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 am

I don't know why people are getting so worked up over a loan. Basically, we need a striker for 12 months and Balotelli fits the bill. OK, he's had his (many) problems, but if he plays up then we'll terminate the loan and pack him off home.  Or maybe he'll pull his weight and add something to the team. It's a win/win either way.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:02 am

7_Kewell » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:57 am wrote:I don't know why people are getting so worked up over a loan. Basically, we need a striker for 12 months and Balotelli fits the bill. OK, he's had his (many) problems, but if he plays up then we'll terminate the loan and pack him off home.  Or maybe he'll pull his weight and add something to the team. It's a win/win either way.

Everything suggests this is a perm deal not a loan mate, Milan knocked back the loan deal and want perm only
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:09 am

It is on the official AC Milan site that they are in talks to sell the player and Sky Sports Italy are saying the deal 'could' even be finalised today

Mediaset (owned by Berlusconi) says deal for Balotelli to #LFC agreed for around £17.5m. May be finalised today.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:22 am

and for those who only believe the Liverpool Echo...

Liverpool have opened talks with AC Milan over a permanent deal for striker Mario Balotelli.

Negotiations are at an early stage with the Serie A outfit demanding £20million for the controversial Italy international.

The interest in Balotelli, 24, represents a remarkable U-turn for the Reds after the club dismissed any interest in signing the former Manchester City frontman earlier this month.

Liverpool have been searching for a new striker since a deal to sign QPR's Loic Remy collapsed in July.

Balotelli made his name with Inter Milan but moved to Manchester City in 2010 following a fall-out with boss Jose Mourinho.

The striker's stay in the Premier League saw him make headlines both on and off the field, as he helped City win the 2012 Premier League title.

Balotelli was sold to AC Milan in 2013 and has scored 26 goals in 43 Serie A games for the Rossoneri.

At the end of Liverpool's pre-season tour of the USA in Miami manager Brendan Rodgers was asked about speculation linking Liverpool to a bid but dismissed the notion at the time.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:24 am

His agent is in Liverpool today to finalise personal terms

Balotelli is close to joining Liverpool. The two clubs reached an agreement in principle, the negotiation speeded up during the night. He should leave on a permanent deal. The fee? Around €20M, without bonuses. In the afternoon, his agent Raiola will be in Liverpool to negotiate the terms of the contract. Today could be Balotelli’s final day in Milanello, Liverpool await him.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill