Liverpool sign joao carlos teixeira

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bill Shankly Rules » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:28 am

Redman in wales » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 pm wrote:From .tv:

---

Supposed to be quite good....

Heard it all before. A lot of these up and coming talents dont make the first team and get shipped out on loan.

Unless BR starts bringing him on as a sub early doors to see wat he can do, to utilise this talent instead of playing him in the reserves for ages, then I dont see the point .

Disapointed :(
Bill Shankly Rules
LFC Basic Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:57 am

Bill Shankly Rules » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:28 am wrote:

---

Heard it all before. A lot of these up and coming talents dont make the first team and get shipped out on loan.

Unless BR starts bringing him on as a sub early doors to see wat he can do, to utilise this talent instead of playing him in the reserves for ages, then I dont see the point .

All the top clubs do it. It's the quickest way to develop a youth player. It's also a good way to identify whether they have potential to break into the senior squad.

What is better 10 mins sub action every few months or 38 games under his belt for a whole season. Don't be a div.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:20 am

SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:57 am wrote:
Bill Shankly Rules » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:28 am wrote:

---

All the top clubs do it. It's the quickest way to develop a youth player. It's also a good way to identify whether they have potential to break into the senior squad.

What is better 10 mins sub action every few months or 38 games under his belt for a whole season. Don't be a div.

Agree...all the sitting on the bench knowing you're not going to get any game time can be frustrating and not gaining you any match experience and game intelligence. Farming him out to gain experience and 38 competitive games will do him the world of good. Don't see what's the disappointment in this ???
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Here is Joao's goal from last night

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:10 pm

at least he got a loan move in england  :nod  it will serve him much better than a loan to a mid table side in a lower league. we should have sent llori to the championship also.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:43 pm

cardiff-red » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 pm wrote:Here is Joao's goal from last night

Thanks for that CR.
I'm made up big Sami got a win last night (and at Leeds of all places, only seems like yesterday we were fighting it out with them for the title. Where did all that time go  :(  )
After 2 straight losses he needed a win big time and it's great to see it was a Liverpool player who did the business for him. Looking at that clip Joao not only scored the first goal but was fouled for the free kick that led to the second.
Well done Joao and Sami.

Edit - never mind a free kick that tackle on Joao looked well inside the box to me, should have been a pen that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:28 pm

Teixeira scores his 2nd goal in his 2nd start for Brighton!
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:32 pm

^ the winning goal no less. Great to see Big Sami getting a much needed home win
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:56 pm

Introduced in the 90th minute with the game balanced at 1-1 and makes an assist to gift Brighton the winner
in the 95th min ,Brighton also won a penalty to make it 1-3 in extra time.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:42 pm

He has scored 2 tonight so far for Brighton, wonder if he will ever get a chance with us or leave the same way Suso did
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:57 pm

I think we need to stop getting hung up on young players that we send out on loan, don't end up playing and then eventually ship out to another club, like this Teixeira kid.

It's inevitable that we will go through a legion of these kids and most of them won't turn out to be any good, in fact in the last decade I can't think of one player that came through our youth ranks that amounted to anything at another club, when we let them go.

That being said, I am little perplexed that Suso has signed for AC Milan, because obviously they might see something in him that might come back to haunt us. But then again he might be another flop like every other kid that has come through our system.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:56 pm

eds » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:57 pm wrote:I think we need to stop getting hung up on young players that we send out on loan, don't end up playing and then eventually ship out to another club, like this Teixeira kid.

It's inevitable that we will go through a legion of these kids and most of them won't turn out to be any good, in fact in the last decade I can't think of one player that came through our youth ranks that amounted to anything at another club, when we let them go.

That being said, I am little perplexed that Suso has signed for AC Milan, because obviously they might see something in him that might come back to haunt us. But then again he might be another flop like every other kid that has come through our system.

Dani Pacheco.... used to be so excited about that kid.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:01 am

Currently playing 2nd division in Spain and will probably fade into obscurity over the next few years.

Pacheco epitomises the fact that we always seem to pump up all these kids, that they will be the "next Zidane" the "next Iniesta" the "next Messi" when they are just average and we hold on to them for far too long.

The Rafa cultists need to be reminded that in the time Benitez was here, his scatter gun approach in Europe which brought an entire army of U20 kids did not result in a SINGLE player becoming a regular in our squad or starting XI. Not one.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:03 am

Sounds like a conspiracy to me.   

Go look it up in your 'Doctor Who' annual and you'll probably understand it better.   :Oo:  :eyebrow  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:53 am

Reg » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:03 am wrote:Sounds like a conspiracy to me.   

Go look it up in your 'Doctor Who' annual and you'll probably understand it better.   :Oo:  :eyebrow  :buttrock

:laugh:   :nod   :laugh:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion