Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:14 am

Rumor...

Mario Aquilina ‏@mario_aquilina 19m... Re Balotelli to #LFC. Significant that Raoila was at Milanello yesterday. Talk of #LFC offer for a loan w/ option to buy for total €22m.

Update @ midday - the Balotelli rumors are getting stronger now, quite a few outlets are reporting a meeting with his agent last night sounding out an initial loan deal to us and then a fee of around 22 million euros to buy him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:51 am

.... and now the press have taken on the Balotelli story

Liverpool have again been linked with bidding for AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli, despite boss Brendan Rodgers denying a move is in the pipeline earlier this month.

Balotelli's future in Italy has been a source of constant speculation this summer with Arsenal and Liverpool both linked with a move for the former Manchester City hitman.

There were reports last month that the Italian's agent was preparing to leave for England to discuss a move for his client and Milan were ready to slash down his asking price to attract offers from the Premier League duo.

No bids were on the table for the player though and Balotelli was believed to be preparing for one more season at the Rossoneri. However, Liverpool are now said to have reignited their interest in the striker and are ready to make a move for him despite Rodgers denying any interest in Balotelli earlier this month.

The Reds are actively scouring the market for a top class forward after Luis Suarez's departure and are ready to make a last ditch offer of €22m for Balotelli, according to Italian broadcaster Sport Mediaset.

Rodgers knows that he needs a new striker at Anfield this season and he is ready to make a last attempt to bring the former Manchester City striker back to England.

In his time with Manchester City, Balotelli scored 30 goals in 80 appearances for the club.

Source: InsideFutbol.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:55 am

Daily Star now on the bandwagon...

Liverpool set to land NINTH summer signing after launching £17.5m bid for Mario Balotelli

MARIO BALOTELLI could be set for a return to the Premier League after reports from Italy indicated Liverpool are set to bid for the striker.

The Reds have cash to burn following the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona earlier this summer.

The Uruguayan bagged 31 Premier League goals last season as the Kop giants fell just short of winning a first title since 1990.

And according to Italian media outlet Sportmediaset, ex-Manchester City frontman Balotelli is being lined up as his replacement, with a £17.5m bid is being readied.

Balotelli joined Milan from City in a £19m deal in January 2013.

However, new San Siro boss Filipo Inzaghi is thought to be open to selling the enigmatic Italian, as he looks to freshen up his squad.

The former Milan striker is thought to be keen on bringing Torino ace Alessio Cerci to the club, but needs to offload a player before he can finance a deal.

Liverpool set to land NINTH summer signing after launching £17.5m bid for Mario Balotelli

AC Milan's Mario Balotelli could be set for a return to the Premier League with Liverpool SUPER MARIO: Milan's Balotelli could be set for a return to the Premier League with Liverpool [GETTY]

The Reds have cash to burn following the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona earlier this summer.

The Uruguayan bagged 31 Premier League goals last season as the Kop giants fell just short of winning a first title since 1990.

And according to Italian media outlet Sportmediaset, ex-Manchester City frontman Balotelli is being lined up as his replacement, with a £17.5m bid is being readied.
Related articles

Balotelli joined Milan from City in a £19m deal in January 2013.

However, new San Siro boss Filipo Inzaghi is thought to be open to selling the enigmatic Italian, as he looks to freshen up his squad.

The former Milan striker is thought to be keen on bringing Torino ace Alessio Cerci to the club, but needs to offload a player before he can finance a deal.

Liverpool's bid for the player is understood to be structured as a season-long loan, with the option of making the move permanent in 12 months time.

Arsenal were strongly linked with a move for Balotelli earlier this summer, however, talk of a move has since gone cold, with Arsene Wenger turning his focus to other targets.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:43 pm

cardiff-red » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:14 am wrote:Rumor...

Mario Aquilina ‏@mario_aquilina 19m... Re Balotelli to #LFC. Significant that Raoila was at Milanello yesterday. Talk of #LFC offer for a loan w/ option to buy for total €22m.

Update @ midday - the Balotelli rumors are getting stronger now, quite a few outlets are reporting a meeting with his agent last night sounding out an initial loan deal to us and then a fee of around 22 million euros to buy him

God No  :(  We don't need those types in an LFC shirt
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:52 pm

I'd take Balotelli on a season loan.

He's a loose cannon, for sure, but we've got no risk with a loan. Besides, with Origi coming next year, we only need a stop gap and mental Mario fits the bill.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:38 pm

AC Milan: "We haven't received any offer from Liverpool for Balotelli, so there aren't any negotiations at the moment."
"The transfer window closes on September 1st, so we will see what happens."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:03 pm

please god not fecking eto  :no 
on balotelli  :eyebrow  i wonder as to how he will fit into the system. his work rate is p!$$ poor, he is selfish and will disrupt the dressing room. the guy has serious attitude problems and thinks he is already a legend.
he is very talented but a frustrating player to watch and rodgers will have his work cut out managing him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:52 pm wrote:, with Origi coming next year

he will be loaned out just as quick as he comes in  :nod similar to llori
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

Well I'd rather have him than E'to if that was the only deal available. I still think we need to break the bank for Reus!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Didn't want him at first but at this point I think Balotelli would be a good shout. It would be best if we could get him on a year loan and send him back to Milan when the season ends, like they did to us with Aquilani. Otherwise, the fee reported for permanent transfer is too high.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:11 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:03 pm wrote:please god not fecking eto  :no 
on balotelli  :eyebrow  i wonder as to how he will fit into the system. his work rate is p!$$ poor, he is selfish and will disrupt the dressing room. the guy has serious attitude problems and thinks he is already a legend.
he is very talented but a frustrating player to watch and rodgers will have his work cut out managing him.

I think it's a case of any port in a storm mate, we definitely need a striker as we are only one injury away from our season being a write off.
Balotelli on loan could be a good option, if he becomes a disruptive influence we can always cut the loan short and send him back but if he does settle here we would have one hell of a player on our hands.
Looks like a win/win situation to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Interesting, French press have posted this less than an hour ago (the original article is in french) http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mona ... 29215.html

below is an english translation (i used google translate)

Reportedly, Liverpool seriously considering to attack Radamel Falcao for. The Reds plan to pass on to Monaco with a loan offer automatic purchase option. The amount of the loan would be paid 15 million euros and the call option would be around 50 million euros. According to a source close to the ASM, "the club is aware of the strong interest from Liverpool but the supply is still not arrived at the offices of ASM." Stay tuned.

EDIT: being reported by english journos now, here is the comment Liverpool make offer for Falcao on loan initially for a loan-fee of £12M with a buy-option for £40M
Last edited by C-R on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:57 pm

balotelli for 17.5 million is a bargain compared to Bony for 20 million! I would seriously consider to buy him outright if he's really available for that amount of money.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:11 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:03 pm wrote:please god not fecking eto  :no 

I think it's a case of any port in a storm mate, we definitely need a striker as we are only one injury away from our season being a write off.
Balotelli on loan could be a good option, if he becomes a disruptive influence we can always cut the loan short and send him back but if he does settle here we would have one hell of a player on our hands.
Looks like a win/win situation to me.

i agree we need to address the striker situation but just how would he fit in when danny is fit ? he hasnt got the workrate either to be a success in the system which is the worrying part. he will still get goals with the service he is given but it will take a lot of patience to put up with his half ar$ed trots about the field.
if its a toss up between him, eto or bony then id take ballotelli any day but he will frustrate the life out of us
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:05 pm

it appears we can't get rid of assaidi due to his demands  :down:
http://www.squawka.com/news/stoke-chair ... ugh/161754?

the club need to rethink its strategy of signing these type of players on long term deals as its proving difficult to shift them.

surprised about this one but the player seems to think its true  ???
http://www.turkish-football.com/news_read.php?id=6382

still feel we dropped the ball on this one  :nod
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ut-of-race
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill