Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:13 pm

In more positive news, our official feeder club Southampton have taken Ryan Bertrand on loan
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Certainly plenty of time for talking and planning whilst everyone was together in Boston so perhaps the
targets have changed and the Remy deal may be testament to that.

Enough speculation to suggest Bertrand was an option but now he's gone elsewhere again it may be we
have altered our targets.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:36 pm

The Bertrand news just confirms to me that Moreno will almost certainly happen now.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:47 pm

cardiff-red » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:13 pm wrote:In more positive news, our official feeder club Southampton have taken Ryan Bertrand on loan

Thank God
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:48 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 pm wrote:Nah, not for me.
Don't know why we're not insisting Origi plays THIS season, not loaned back for a year. I can see BR doing no further deal for a striker until January

I think it's the only way we are going to get Origi as Lille wants him for another year. Since Brendan obviously rates him, it's better to do a deal now rather than later. That's my understanding anyway...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:57 pm

Everton have bought Lukaku for £28m!  :Oo:
and they go on about us paying over the odds for players  :laugh:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 pm

With Origi only a year away maybe a loan striker will suffice if we can offload Borini and Assaidi.

Suspect that may happen given the club are no longer willing to fund purchases for headlines and
pay over the odds.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:38 pm

is the 28mil cash pound notes or add on's ?
i seriously doubt we would have got sturridge for what we did if mourinho had of being there at the time  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:39 am

red till i die!! » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:38 pm wrote:is the 28mil cash pound notes or add on's ?
i seriously doubt we would have got sturridge for what we did if mourinho had of being there at the time  :laugh:

As far as I'm aware mate it's a straight £28m deal, no add on's etc.
I think Chelsea's argument was that they bought him for £18m a couple of years ago and since then his stock has risen because he has proven he can score goals in the prem (at two different clubs).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:47 pm

Lukaku is a goalscorer, although a limited one IMO, and they will cost, especially in the current market. On top of that he has proven he can score in this league. Think it is a good deal for the Bitters(even though they have paid a bit too much), as they've essentially had a 'try before you buy' after having him on loan from last season, so not as risky as spending that kind of money on someone else
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:46 pm

Liverpool have re-set their sights on Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno after missing out on Ryan Bertrand.

The Spain international is valued at £20m by his club who want to hold on to him until after the UEFA Super Cup with Real Madrid on August 12.

Liverpool have so far baulked at the asking price for Moreno who, although well regarded, is considered to be worth closer to £14m.

Liverpool had intended to pursue Ryan Bertrand from Chelsea but the Stamford Bridge club are reluctant to do favours for any potential title rivals while Bertrand could be guaranteed regular football at Southampton also.

Sevilla have a decent relationship with Liverpool having loaned Iago Aspas earlier this month and sold Luis Alberto for £7m to the Anfield club last summer.

Aspas, who was officially unveiled yesterday, did little to encourage Moreno to leave.

He told ABC Sevilla: 'I have not yet spoken with Alberto about Liverpool.

'Yes, it is true that his teammates have had some banter with him on the topic. But if it's a question about quality of life, I would say that Sevilla is better than being there, that's for sure. And I have only been at Sevilla three or four days but now I belong to Sevilla, I would prefer him to stay here.'

Aspas confirmed that he is delighted to have made the move, which can be made permanent at the end of the season, given his lack of playing time last term.

He added: 'After last season when I did not enjoy the minutes I wanted, came the possibility of coming to Sevilla. Immediately I had a lot of enthusiasm about coming here and I hope that everything goes well, not only this year but also in terms of a long-term contract. I can not deny I'm happy.'

Source: dailymail
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 pm

What a w@nker Aspas is...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:16 pm

bunglemark2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:58 pm wrote:What a w@nker Aspas is...

big time mate and he sucks at corner kicks  :D
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:39 pm

Aspas wasn't in the team an awful lot so his perception of Liverpool is going to revolve around that. Sturridge said in an interview a couple of months ago that before he signed for us he pulled Fernando Torres and Yossi Benayoun to one side at Chelsea and asked them about this club, both of them said Liverpool was the best club they'd ever played for. Torres by all accounts was still pining for the place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:05 pm

Aspas what a f*cking *****, he could have just kept his mouth shut. Bitter cunt, it's not the club's fault that a limited player like him didn't make it here.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill