Transfer policy still a shambles!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:30 am

only me » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:25 am wrote:If Glen remains and starts as a RB this year we need a judicial inquiry on the matter.

I think our biggest requirement right now is to to find a replacement for him. I thought he would maybe play well this year since he was in the shop window but he is declining fast if that was possible. Will hurt the team going forward and defending.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:44 am

maguskwt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:30 am wrote:
Kopite-Jud » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:30 pm wrote:Needed  fullbacks for years! Why not spend an extra few mil for Monero? Pathetic in my opinion, instead going to get a kid on loan for 2 years. Need a world class player in IMO, how many of our 1st 11 would get into Arsenal, Chelsea or City's starting 11? 1 maybe 2? Blowing 20 million on Markovic is a waste of money for me, we are not short in wide areas with Sterling, Coutinho,Lallana looks to be playing there,  Ibe looks promising and Suso had a good stint on loan in Spain. We've blown 100 million lost Suarez and still are short in the same positions as last season.  All we needed to do was buy 2 decent full backs a CM and a clinical goal scorer, not 2 wide men and a 32 year old liverpool fan.  Did we really need to spend 20 mil on a centre back? I think a big problem last season was not having the same 2 at the back ,it was different every other  week.

Being liked with Rodriguez and Bony is simply laughable considering Rodgers had the best part of 170 million to spend!

His track record in the market is laughable wasted so so so much money! It scares me tbh!

:laugh:

some say we need to sign quality players... then when we did sign a quality player in Markovic some say we blew 20million on him... can't make it up...  :laugh:

Imo, we have done well so far, of course it's not extremely well. I'd give it a grade of B.

1. Adam lallana - the kinda player who if we could not afford to sign, alot of us would be saying how I wish we could have him in our team. 25 million is about 5 million too much though...

2. Emre Can - very very promising player who will be better than lucas and who could become our next box to box midfielder.

3. Markovic - very skillful and fast player who seems to be more polished and composed than when sterling first started playing in the senior team. Only 20 so very big potential.

4. Lambert - a back up striker, who will do a better job than aspas and borrini combined. At 5 million, it's a good deal. A liverpudlian also so he will play his heart out.

5. Lovren - powerful, skillful, all action Cb. Again 20 million alas probably 5 million too much but nowadays we have to pay this much for quality proven players.

I would just like to see another full back also, but Can can play lb. If agger stays, he can play lb too. Flanno and Kelly can play RB.

I would like to see another midfielder like Vidal or Reus, which may not be possible... And now since Remy deal is off, I would like to see us going for  Lukaku or Huntelaar...

What I'm saying is he's blown 20+ million on a wide man where we're well equipped when we've needed 2 fullbacks, CM and a striker and refuses to spend and extra few million on a decent fullback!
Kopite-Jud

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:16 pm

maguskwt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:30 am wrote: :laugh:

some say we need to sign quality players... then when we did sign a quality player in Markovic some say we blew 20million on him... can't make it up...  :laugh:

Imo, we have done well so far, of course it's not extremely well. I'd give it a grade of B.

1. Adam lallana - the kinda player who if we could not afford to sign, alot of us would be saying how I wish we could have him in our team. 25 million is about 5 million too much though...

2. Emre Can - very very promising player who will be better than lucas and who could become our next box to box midfielder.

3. Markovic - very skillful and fast player who seems to be more polished and composed than when sterling first started playing in the senior team. Only 20 so very big potential.

4. Lambert - a back up striker, who will do a better job than aspas and borrini combined. At 5 million, it's a good deal. A liverpudlian also so he will play his heart out.

5. Lovren - powerful, skillful, all action Cb. Again 20 million alas probably 5 million too much but nowadays we have to pay this much for quality proven players.

I would just like to see another full back also, but Can can play lb. If agger stays, he can play lb too. Flanno and Kelly can play RB.

I would like to see another midfielder like Vidal or Reus, which may not be possible... And now since Remy deal is off, I would like to see us going for  Lukaku or Huntelaar...

I agree. I also think that we should and could do/have done a bit better in this transfer window, but some posters are calling players such as Lallana, Markovic and Lovren (all highly rated players that suit our system) as average before they even kicked a ball for us!

I think we've done Ok so far in this window. As a matter of fact, if we add someone like Reus plus a back-up striker, I think it would be a great transfer window for us. We MUST add proven quality to our squad though, one that would score and create goals. Statistically we've lost 30 goals and 10 assists from Suarez and we need someone who can bring in at least half of that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby alxy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 am

I believe we have actually improved our squad. As for our first team, perhaps not (though defence might be improved with Lovren). Luis is irreplaceable (unless we get Messi). But I believe one of the major gripes about last year was our lack of depth on our bench. For example, if we're down 1-0 to Chelsea or Man City, will it raise our hopes when we see Luis Alberto, Moses or Aspas warming up? Now consider the same situation when we see Lambert, Lallana or Markovic.....

Can seems to be an improvement on Lucas too. So overall, we seem to have gotten better replacements for our squad players. And I'm betting on a few of them giving the first teamers a right go too.

But of course, I'm still hoping for a quality (call it marquee if you like) signing who can really ignite and boost the morale of the players. Someone like Reus or Vidal would fit the bill
alxy

Postby stmichael » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:57 am

Still think we'll see two fullbacks and a striker before the season starts.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:03 pm

stmichael » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:57 am wrote:Still think we'll see two fullbacks and a striker before the season starts.

Maybe, but they'll probably be squad fillers like Bertrand and Manquillo as opposed to high profile signings like Moreno or Rodriguez etc.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm wrote:
stmichael » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:57 am wrote:Still think we'll see two fullbacks and a striker before the season starts.

Maybe, but they'll probably be squad fillers like Bertrand and Manquillo as opposed to high profile signings like Moreno or Rodriguez etc.

Unless we bring in Lahm and Alves for the fullback slots and either Cavani or Falcao for up top we're completely and utterly fked.  In fact I might just write the season off now.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:43 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:17 pm wrote:If it means that much to you to have star names in your team why don't you go and support Real Madrid instead of crying about the fact we can't afford those players on here?

It would be less painful for you and everybody else mate.

Buying in players like Lallana, Markovic and Can who are not top bracket but are quality players with potential to get even better is the future of this club, like it or lump it.

I was born and grew up in the shadow of the ground mate so I don't need any lectures about supporting this club from you thank you very much. No one is talking about signing a team of galactico's but we at least need to sign some *****.ing decent players, players that can compete against the the type of players our rivals are signing.
I just have higher aspirations for my hometown club than Bony.

Have to laugh at LFC supporters like you having a dig at 'out of town' supporters like myself.

The fact is that without the income that comes from the club's massive worldwide fanbase, the club would have virtually no chance of competing at the level it does or (ironically) of signing any of the galacticos that you so crave. :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:20 pm

Whatever JC, as far as I'm concerned we had a little disagreement about our transfer policy two days ago and it was over but obviously you want to carry it on, well you can carry it on by yourself.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Consider a line drawn under it then yakka... until we sign Bony and he wins the European golden boot next season :laugh:

Apologies for probably taking the squabbling too far.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:38 pm

No worries mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:17 am

It will not be a bit surprised to me to see Lovren becoming a commanding backbone in our team...while the likes of Markovic and Can will give us lots of pace and energy to compensate for the loss of Luis, not like for like as Luis is always a nuisance to opponent's defence and keep them awake all days so having pacy and skillful players will continue to make our attacking play ticking.

Remember when Suarez first signed, no one talk about him being a marquee signing and he slips quietly under the radar when all the talk was about Torres and Carroll. We do need to get rid of Johnson and get a solid left back tho but I have faith that Rodgers will make us a make us a more solid and balanced team this season than last when we really have our attacking players to thank for.

Question now is...will Reina be given another look in? Think we might still get to see some solid performance out of him yet?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:25 pm

I Fu*king hate this time of year with all the negativity and moaning.
Lets see who the manager brings in and how they perform. If theyre sh'it then f*ck them off
Simple...
:sleep
Thommo's perm

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 pm wrote:I Fu*king hate this time of year with all the negativity and moaning.
Lets see who the manager brings in and how they perform. If theyre sh'it then f*ck them off
Simple...

This is a BIG opportunity for us.  With a war chest of a transfer budget and Champions League to offer this could be make or break for the next few years, we cant really afford to 'see how they perform and f*ck them off' if they are no good.  We need class now, these players MUST hit the ground running.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Santa » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:54 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 pm wrote:I Fu*king hate this time of year with all the negativity and moaning.
Simple...

Nothing new then...guys were predicting we would have finished 7th or 8th this time last year, then moan about our defence leaking goal resulting in us finishing 2nd in the final week. Can't believe the bitching starts again with us signing Southampton's best players, not having a marquee £50M signing (despite us trying) and not trusting BR's judgement etc etc. Guys must have a prolonged PMS but I'll blamed it on footballing withdrawal symptom   :rasp
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion