Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Nah, not for me.
Don't know why we're not insisting Origi plays THIS season, not loaned back for a year. I can see BR doing no further deal for a striker until January
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:24 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:03 pm wrote:
eds » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 am wrote:45m for Falcao  :Oo:

That is a f**king bargain!!!!!!

Falcao is undoubtably a great player (and one of the few that could replace Suarez like for like) but he will be 29 mid way through next season and has only just recovered from a serious knee injury.
I couldn't see us spending £45m on someone that age, especially someone who has recently torn his ACL.

I agree with the knee injury Yakka but we should stop looking at players purely based on their age and what we can sell them for.

I loathe the fact that we have become a business first and football club second, it epitomizes how f**ked our priorities have become.

Falcao is without doubt one the few players that could come close to producing what Suarez did for us last season.

He is easily in top 10 players in the world bracket and would bite Monaco's hand off for that discounted price.

That being said you are completely right, FSG and Rodgers would not want to spend that amount of money on an "old" and "risky" player   :no
Last edited by eds on Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:27 am

kazza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm wrote:

He's always injured

Besides the knee injury last season, he has played 41, 52, 42, 43 games in his previous five seasons scoring a phenomenal 153 goals.

Hardly what I would call being "always injured"   :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:54 am

eds » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:27 pm wrote:
kazza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:05 pm wrote:

He's always injured

Besides the knee injury last season, he has played 41, 52, 42, 43 games in his previous five seasons scoring a phenomenal 153 goals.

Hardly what I would call being "always injured"   :laugh:

I'll take your word for it but whenever I wanted to watch him spanning the last couple of years he was always out with an injury so I made that assumption. If those stats are true then clearly you are right. 153 goals in 178 matches is insane even in a weaker league.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:04 am

You can check any reputable soccer website on how many games he has played, like I did.

But just to clarify its 153 goals in 197 games, as he played 19 games last season before being injured. Still a crazy record tho.

I also wouldn't necessarily call "La Liga" (where he scored 70 goals in 91 games) a weaker league either, especially when you take into account he played for Atletico and not Faildrid or Farcelona.

The frog and pork and cheese leagues tho, yeah definitely weaker......

eds

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Marco Reus has just turned down a contract from Dortmund.. looks like he wants to leave.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:29 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:15 pm wrote:Marco Reus has just turned down a contract from Dortmund.. looks like he wants to leave.

Can't see it happening, i'm afraid. There's too many Bayern rumours and I just can't see him picking us over them.

Would love to be proved wrong, but can't see this deal happening in a million years.  :down:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:29 pm

We're now linkedvwith Lavezzi... Don't really like him that much... He's not that prolific...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:45 pm

I don't think that Reus would go to another German club due to respect to Dortmund. If the mancs get him and we don't I'll poke my eyes out.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:54 pm

Chilean media reporting Vidal has verbally agreed and already completed a medical with the Scum.

There is another one we have missed out on.  :down:

eds

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:30 am

Sunderland Echo reporting Poyet is still hopeful of getting Borini and talks are ongoing.

If he goes surely we then need 2 new strikers?
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:17 am

Liverpool could still make a move for Borussia Dortmund's Marco Reus after reports of him refusing to sign a new contract along with his agent predicting he will leave the German club.

There has been speculation all summer regarding Liverpool's interest in the German international, and with recent events regarding the player it looks like he could be on the move this summer.

The 25-year-old is currently out injured and is set to miss the start of the new season, but his stock remains high across Europe.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Liverpool are readying a move to challenge Tottenham in pursuit of forward Jay Rodriguez according to talkSPORT.

Tottenham are also known to be interested in the 24-year-old England man, who netted 15 Premier League goals last term before he suffered a cruciate ligament injury that ruled him out of Roy Hodgson's 2014 World Cup squad.

Rodriguez must be considering his options having seen a host of his team-mates, and his manager Mauricio Pochettino, leaving St Mary's and could feel a move to Liverpool would benefit his general career progression.

Rodgers has already signed the former Burnley man's former teammates Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert and Dejan Lovren and as such may be confident of making it a quartet of Saints captures.

Liverpool will feel the need to fill the void left by the departure of Luis Suarez to Barcelona and Rodgers seem to believe that a collection of forwards would be a sensible way of doing just that.

Source: CaughtOffside.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:30 pm

cardiff-red » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:04 am wrote:Liverpool are readying a move to challenge Tottenham in pursuit of forward Jay Rodriguez according to talkSPORT.

Tottenham are also known to be interested in the 24-year-old England man, who netted 15 Premier League goals last term before he suffered a cruciate ligament injury that ruled him out of Roy Hodgson's 2014 World Cup squad.

Rodriguez must be considering his options having seen a host of his team-mates, and his manager Mauricio Pochettino, leaving St Mary's and could feel a move to Liverpool would benefit his general career progression.

Rodgers has already signed the former Burnley man's former teammates Adam Lallana, Rickie Lambert and Dejan Lovren and as such may be confident of making it a quartet of Saints captures.

Liverpool will feel the need to fill the void left by the departure of Luis Suarez to Barcelona and Rodgers seem to believe that a collection of forwards would be a sensible way of doing just that.

Can't see this being true, you would have question the judgement of any club that would buy a player recovering from a serious cruciate knee ligament injury. You only have to look at how long it's taken Kelly and Lucas to return to something vaguely resembling their old form.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:30 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:04 am wrote:Liverpool are readying a move to challenge Tottenham in pursuit of forward Jay Rodriguez according to talkSPORT.

Can't see this being true, you would have question the judgement of any club that would buy a player recovering from a serious cruciate knee ligament injury. You only have to look at how long it's taken Kelly and Lucas to return to something vaguely resembling their old form.

Agree, we shouldn't be touching this guy with that sort of recent injury history.

Neither Kelly or Lucas have looked the same since their injuries.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill