The Newkit TEN Year Club

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 am

laza » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:46 am wrote:10 years today, hopefully I wont be reading total b.*ll*c*ks of why we haven't won the league here in another 10 years  :D

Congrats mate, we may not have won the league in the last decade but you can't say it hasn't been eventful - 5 managers, 3 owners, nearly going bust, F.A cup finals, League Cup Finals, Hillsborough report, beating Barcelona and Real Madrid in their own backyard, the Suarez/Evra storm, the club deciding to stay at Anfield our spiritual home, beating United 4-1 at Old Trafford, Ferguson retiring, just being pipped to the title by City, Suarez biting Ivanovic, 3 CL semi finals, 2 CL finals (including of course Istanbul) etc etc
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:49 am

Too true Yakka while we may all moan and groan sometimes and be disappointed not to have taken back the holy grail which is rightfully ours  :D.

You cant ever though say its ever been boring and non eventful supporting this club
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 pm

laza » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:46 am wrote:10 years today, hopefully I wont be reading total b.*ll*c*ks of why we haven't won the league here in another 10 years  :D

Welcome bud!! A long time to be posting on an internet forum!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:51 am

A big hello to you all from me. I've been away for a bit due to work and other commitments and thought I'd make my returning post here celebrating my induction as well….seems I joined at the same time a Laza, so happy anniversary fella. I also echo your comments about hopefully having won the league sometime in the next 10   :D

I was gonna give a little overview of my last 10 years, but decided to save you the boredom and I'll just say that I've not committed to one job for as long as I have done this place and boy sometimes has it felt like work  :D . Take that for what you like….I think the old adage is correct, you don't know what you've got till it's gone and 12-24 months ago it looked like this place had seen better days and was on it's way out, but I'm glad to see that things are turning around at the moment a little. It's good to see most people getting on with each other again and few threads getting derailed. I also see a lot of old posters popping out of the shadows every now and then…and without wanting to disrespect any newer contributors, it would be great to see more of the old guard coming and taking part again on a more regular basis. There's a wry dryness that I think typifies our support that we're still lacking a little on here and it would be hugely welcome if it returned….you know who you are.

Special shout out to Woof as he (I assume he has a c0ck  :D ) was the first person to say hello to me and make me feel welcome. You've maintained an elder statesman role every since I've been on here mate and carried yourself almost always with class (I say almost always as I am sure there's been moments that I can't remember), hope that I can give you another nod in 2024 via the chip implant in my head whilst riding my hover board in the sky.
Homebooby

Postby laza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm

Happy anniversary Homeboody though you get 8 days on me so I call senior :D

Here is too many more cheering on the mighty reds
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Was early in the morning when I was typing and clearly I couldn't do numbers :)
Homebooby

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:58 am

Homebooby » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:51 am wrote:Special shout out to Woof as he (I assume he has a c0ck  :D ) was the first person to say hello to me and make me feel welcome. You've maintained an elder statesman role every since I've been on here mate and carried yourself almost always with class (I say almost always as I am sure there's been moments that I can't remember), hope that I can give you another nod in 2024 via the chip implant in my head whilst riding my hover board in the sky.

Cheers HB and welcome back

Image[/URL]

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:24 pm

Welcome back HB  :buttrock
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:35 pm

June 2004 I joined, didn't realise was that long ago  ???
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:14 pm

G'day fellow fossils wow over ten years for me used to have a laugh on here with the gang. But i didnt bother with this place after the Old Owl face Roy and the stick i took over him. ill still be knockin about in another 10 years and im still a crank probably even worst now im older  :laugh:
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:30 am

Ciggy » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:14 pm wrote:Good fellow fossils wow over ten years for me used to have a laugh on here with the gang. But i didnt bother with this place after the Old Owl face Roy and the stick i took over him. ill still be knockin about in another 10 years and im still a crank probably even worst now im older  :laugh:

:D

And with over 26,000 posts you're the forums leading poster ! Stick around Cig and rack it up to 30,000   :bowdown

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:37 am

Am I Woofster?  :laugh: Good job I went on sabatical leave then imagine how many posts Id have if i hadnt gone MIA  :;):
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Glad you're back Ciggy  (the voice of reason  :;): ) but are you back proper this time?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:20 pm

I should have at least a ten year badge  :(

On saying that I've probably only been posting five months of that due to all the bans  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:25 pm

Ps cig ya bellend start posting more… I miss your rants and how wrong you always used to be… reminds me of myself… hope ya keeping well woman!  :D
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum