Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:03 pm

eds » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 am wrote:45m for Falcao  :Oo:

That is a f**king bargain!!!!!!

Falcao is undoubtably a great player (and one of the few that could replace Suarez like for like) but he will be 29 mid way through next season and has only just recovered from a serious knee injury.
I couldn't see us spending £45m on someone that age, especially someone who has recently torn his ACL.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:05 pm

eds » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 am wrote:45m for Falcao  :Oo:

That is a f**king bargain!!!!!!

He's always injured
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:10 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:08 am wrote:Liverpool are targeting their fourth Southampton player in Jay Rodriguez after completing a £20million move for Dejan Lovren, the Mirror reports.

The Reds were close to signing Queens Park Rangers star Loic Remy in an £8.5million deal, but the move collapsed with the Frenchman failing his medical.

And Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is considering a move for Saints attacker Rodriguez, making an enquiry after the failed Remy transfer.

The 24-year-old will become the fourth Southampton star to be on Rodgers' transfer wish-list, after already signing Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, and Dejan Lovren from the Saint Mary's.

Although the Englishman has recently signed a new contract with Southampton, Rodriguez is reportedly keen to play in the UEFA Champions League.

However Rodriguez will miss the start of the season with a cruciate knee ligament injury, expecting to return in October.

Source: FootballFanCast.com

we will be fooking southampton in disguise at this rate  :veryangry
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Liverpool have a real problem here, as I imagine a lot of work had gone into Remy's failed txfer...

But big issue remains the lack of options in the market atm.

Look at Morata, barely one year from Madrid's academy going for 20m!

Cavani and Falcao have the profile but not good value for money given age and injury history...

Bony is not a right fit.

Only one left is Jay Rodriguez who is coming back from a serious injury; but Soton wont sell him, and for good reason...

I would test Arsenal with a tempting offer for Walcott

Another might be Pierre Aubemeyang @ Dormund...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Looks like Jay Rodriguzez (along with Schniederlin) is going to spurs so thankfully we can forget about him coming to us
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:35 pm

I think one reason why we have been linked and signed a few Southampton players is due to the style of play they had last season. Thought it was quite similar to how Rodgers has got us to play (pressing high and all over the pitch) so wouldn't be surprised to see the them slot in pretty easily
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:01 pm

Doeboy... that post was by far way too sensible and calm. You need to panic and start flapping your arms and calling for people to be sacked! Say things like 'we're gonna finish mid table' or the old chestnut 'we are Southampton in disguise' .
But instead you went and put some thought into it and look what happened.

;)
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:27 pm

In tonight's echo it's saying despite Enrique's impressive performance last night Rodgers still feels he needs to strengthen the LB position.
I think Brendan must be getting his left and right mixed up, unless he thinks Flanno and Kelly can cover for Johnson.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:01 am wrote:Doeboy... that post was by far way too sensible and calm. You need to panic and start flapping your arms and calling for people to be sacked! Say things like 'we're gonna finish mid table' or the old chestnut 'we are Southampton in disguise' .
But instead you went and put some thought into it and look what happened.

;)

:laugh:
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:27 am wrote:In tonight's echo it's saying despite Enrique's impressive performance last night Rodgers still feels he needs to strengthen the LB position.
I think Brendan must be getting his left and right mixed up, unless he thinks Flanno and Kelly can cover for Johnson.

Just because he says he wants to strengthen at LB, does not necessarily mean he doesn't want to strengthen RB.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Liverpool could benefit from Paris Saint-Germain's desperation to land Real Madrid midfield maestro Angel Di Maria.

Spanish newspaper Marca have highlighted PSG's need to offload Ezequiel Lavezzi amongst others, to ensure their £63m offer doesn't exceed Financial Fair Play regulations.

Liverpool have frequently been linked with a bid for the Argentine striker, but the news of his possible exit could accelerate a deal.

And the last second refusal to sign QPR forward Loic Remy will only add fuel to the fierce speculation surrounding Lavezzi's arrival.Brendan Rodgers is acutely aware of his need to bolster Liverpool's attacking options, with Daniel Sturridge, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini as their only recognised strikers.

And the £75m cash injection generated by the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona is proof Liverpool have the financial ability to secure his services.

Lavezzi, 29, enjoyed a productive season with the Parisian club, helping them claim their second successive Ligue 1 title - scoring nine along the way.

A reduced price-tag of just £18m could represent a bargain for Rodgers - especially considering PSG paid £24m for Lavezzi just two seasons ago.

Reports of a loan deal for Angel Di Maria would prevent PSG from breaching FFP.

However Manchester United's relentless interest combined with Real Madrid wanting a cash influx after Carlo Ancelotti's £87m splurge on Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez - means a permanent deal is Laurent Blanc's only viable option.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:36 pm

Lavezzi, Pastore, Lucas Moura, Cavani.... Any of the PSG forwards would be good additions.

Theres plenty of top talent out there if we are serious about bringing in a top player but I'm starting to think that the level of players we have brought in is the level that Rodgers is more comfortable with. Risky strategy - almost as risky as spending 35mill on a player who flops- but I hope it works for Rodgers; its a big season for him and being in the CL for the first time will be quite the challenge for him and many members of the squad.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:07 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:27 pm wrote:In tonight's echo it's saying despite Enrique's impressive performance last night Rodgers still feels he needs to strengthen the LB position.

Yeah, but I've given it some thought, which other solid left footed fullback do we have bar Enrique? Certainly not Robinson. What happens if Enrique gets injured again? But I'm glad that you finally agree, Johnson definitely needs replacing while Flanagan and Kelly need to prove themselves some more.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:27 pm wrote:In tonight's echo it's saying despite Enrique's impressive performance last night Rodgers still feels he needs to strengthen the LB position.

I think we need both a world class LB and a world class RB. I'd like Enrique to be the cover and Johnson needs to be sold. I do not know what is going on behind the scene but I cannot understand why Johnson is still at the club and starting. He looks Hollywood but he has really become  sh1t
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:56 pm

Liverpool are reportedly eyeing up an £18m move for Paris Saint-Germain winger Ezequiel Lavezzi this summer.

According to the Daily Express, The Reds may launch a bid for the Argentine after their deal for QPR striker Loic Remy sensationally collapsed on Sunday following a failed medical.

Remy had been undergoing tests with Liverpool in Boston, but after the France international reportedly did not pass the medical, Liverpool decided to pull the plug on his £8m transfer.

The Daily Express has now claimed that Brendan Rodgers may look to France to reinforce his squad with Lavezzi being an attractive option.

The publication says that PSG need to offload players before they can finalise a big-money move for Real Madrid's Angel Di Maria to avoid breaking the Financial Fair Play sanctions that were imposed on them by UEFA earlier this year.

And that means that the French champions may sell Lavezzi at a cut price to raise funds.

The 29-year-old joined the Ligue 1 outfit for £24m from Napoli in 2012 and scored nine league goals in 32 appearances for the club last season.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill