LIVERPOOL v Olympiacos    Sun 27th July    11.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:06 pm

didnt think it was a great game at all but happy we were solid enough to see it out.
markovic looks to have blistering pace and he ripped though the center on a few counters with ease. looks a really good prospect but he could learn to do better in the tackle. i dont blame him for not firing in gung ho as its preseason but he failed many times to even put the foot out when tracking his man. he will need to do better in the league.
can looks a big strong lad, well able to put himself about and had a good game but not sure he's a starter.
skrtel was excellent and coates again looked composed and in control when he came on.
all in all it was a good run out for the lads but something needs to be done about johnson  :help  looks like he picked up where he left off last season and thats a major worry. cant for the life of me understand why we havent adressed this as it was such a obvious weakness last season and the thoughts of having to look at him falling over his own feet and the ball next year is depressing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm

I was a bit disappointed when Coutinho didn't start from the off with the likes of Sterling, Markovic etc.
To make the most of their blistering pace you need someone with the ability to thread decent balls through for them to run onto. Yesterday our midfield hoiked a few speculative long balls over the top for Markovic to try and get on the end of but after one bounce they just ran on into the arms of the keeper. Our attack has the potential to be something special but they need better service than that.
I'd play Coutinho or Lallana as an AM and behind them have two athletic DM's patrolling in front of the back 4 acting as a screen.
ATM I think this is probably our best bet -

Henderson                    Can

Markovic               Coutinho/Lallana              Sterling

Sturridge
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:16 pm wrote:I was a bit disappointed when Coutinho didn't start from the off with the likes of Sterling, Markovic etc.
To make the most of their blistering pace you need someone with the ability to thread decent balls through for them to run onto. Yesterday our midfield hoiked a few speculative long balls over the top for Markovic to try and get on the end of but after one bounce they just ran on into the arms of the keeper. Our attack has the potential to be something special but they need better service than that.
I'd play Coutinho or Lallana as an AM and behind them have two athletic DM's patrolling in front of the back 4 acting as a screen.

Sturridge

Can't argue with that. Would like Rodgers to try this one at least once in these friendlies. We shouldn't disregard Gerrard's contribution just like that though, it would be interesting to see how Henderson and Can can handle the midfield by themselves, without Stevie and his distribution. Controlling the midfield doesn't require just athleticism you know.

Imagine if we had some more exciting winger on one of the flanks, a winger that would be a big goal threat as well. If we could add Reus to one of the flanks while Markovic and Sterling would fight for their place on the other flank, I think we would have a fantastic forward line.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:16 pm wrote:I was a bit disappointed when Coutinho didn't start from the off with the likes of Sterling, Markovic etc.

Sturridge

I'd say that is about right except Sterling on the right. Someone has to cover for Johnson  :angry:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games