Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby mramo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Now hearing Remy has NOT failed medical. Transfer stalled because Borini refuses to leave.

Source skysports channel 405
mramo

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:14 pm

I think that's the line coming from Remy and his agent. Can't be great in terms of trying to get a move elsewhere, with clubs knowing he has failed a medical with us
Doeboy

Postby mramo » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 pm

If thats a fabrication from the agent, with Borini's name mentioned within the statement on SSN, then surely that is defamation of character against Borini?
mramo

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:40 pm

couldnt have been about borini seen as they brought the D*cK head with them on the tour so had to of known he "wanted to fight for his place". they then invited remy out for a medical.
we are bad but that would be taking the pi$$
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:09 am

Surely we would have know about the heart issues before the medical.

Something smells sus here.   :suspect:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby eds » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:11 am

Not that I really care missing out on him, as it felt we were p.iss.ing away another 8m on another "squad player"
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:18 am

So now the question is who do we go for, for another striker option. Do we spend alot of money and go for another star striker like Balotelli, Benzema? This will put Sturridge on the bench and halt his development. He won't be too happy either. Or do we go for someone who is willing to sit on the bench and come on as a sub and sometimes start games? Personally I would go for Lukaku or Huntelaar... Please not Wilfried Bony...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:18 am

Last time I checked this isn't Sturridge FC

Couldn't care less how he feels if we brought in a better player than him.

Its plain as day that the when we sold Suarez we needed a striker capable enough to try and at least be as prolific as him, even if the reality is that there is no one out there (except for Messi and Ronaldo) that could fill those shoes.

Filling our squad with hacks like Remi, Bony or Jay "fu.cking" Rodriguez won't get us anywhere.

Thought Rodgers would be learning by now after the likes of Borini and Aspas being complete and utter f**king disasters.

eds

Postby only me » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:23 am

I just can't believe that after the biggest "window shopping event" (AKA worldcup) has ended we are chasing squad/future prospects.
I mean we saw so much Talent coming from Columbia and Ecuador ,even Costa Rica and many others yet we are going for Boni? Remi? Rodrigez? Are people being paid to do scouting in the Club?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:08 am

Liverpool are not interested in Swansea striker Wilfried Bony or Chelsea hitman Romelu Lukaku.

Express Sport understands neither Bony or Lukaku have been lined up as alternative targets.Kop boss Brendan Rodgers had been linked with a £20million move for Bony, while Lukaku is thought to be available after Chelsea moved for club legend Didier Drogba.

Rodgers insists he is ready to wait until the January transfer window to sign a striker.

"There are certain different areas where I want to bring in players, but they have to be the right type," Rodgers said.

"There is money to spend, no question, but I won't spend it for the sake of it. It has to be the right type.

"If that means I have to wait until January then that's what I will do.

"If the right ones become available we would like to do something because I still have a lot to do on that front - but if they're not available, I will wait."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:08 am

Liverpool are targeting their fourth Southampton player in Jay Rodriguez after completing a £20million move for Dejan Lovren, the Mirror reports.

The Reds were close to signing Queens Park Rangers star Loic Remy in an £8.5million deal, but the move collapsed with the Frenchman failing his medical.

And Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is considering a move for Saints attacker Rodriguez, making an enquiry after the failed Remy transfer.

The 24-year-old will become the fourth Southampton star to be on Rodgers' transfer wish-list, after already signing Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, and Dejan Lovren from the Saint Mary's.

Although the Englishman has recently signed a new contract with Southampton, Rodriguez is reportedly keen to play in the UEFA Champions League.

However Rodriguez will miss the start of the season with a cruciate knee ligament injury, expecting to return in October.

Source: FootballFanCast.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:09 am

Liverpool are weighing-up a move for Arsenal defender Thomas Vermaelen, but will be forced to rival financial heavyweights Manchester United and Barcelona.

The Arsenal captain has frequently been linked with a move away from the Emirates, and has piqued the interest of a number of Europe's elite.

Reports claim Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is looking to quickly follow up his impending £20m capture of Dejan Lovren with Vermaelen.

The Arsenal man commands a significant £70,000 per-week wages, and is likely to opt for a club capable of matching or even surpassing that total.

From this perspective United could pose the main danger for Rodgers' side.

Furthermore, Louis Van Gaal's need to bolster his defensive options far outweighs Liverpool's.

Lovren, Daniel Agger, Mamadou Sakho and Martin Skrtel are all capable defenders and have experience in the cut throat Premier League.

Liverpool will also have to fend-off interest from Barcelona if they want to land the 28-year-old Belgian.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:21 am

cardiff-red » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:08 am wrote:Liverpool are targeting their fourth Southampton player in Jay Rodriguez after completing a £20million move for Dejan Lovren, the Mirror reports.

The Reds were close to signing Queens Park Rangers star Loic Remy in an £8.5million deal, but the move collapsed with the Frenchman failing his medical.

And Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is considering a move for Saints attacker Rodriguez, making an enquiry after the failed Remy transfer.

The 24-year-old will become the fourth Southampton star to be on Rodgers' transfer wish-list, after already signing Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, and Dejan Lovren from the Saint Mary's.

Although the Englishman has recently signed a new contract with Southampton, Rodriguez is reportedly keen to play in the UEFA Champions League.

However Rodriguez will miss the start of the season with a cruciate knee ligament injury, expecting to return in October.

Source: FootballFanCast.com

Cruciate knee ligament injury doesn't sound good... and don't think the Saints are going to sell another player to us again...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:05 am

Express linking us with Falcao, would be nice, but dont see this happening, esp after being linked with the likes of Bony and co.

Real Madrid have no interest in signing Monaco striker Radamel Falcao boosting Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United's hopes of landing the striker.

According to reports in Spain, Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti is not interested in bringing in another attacker.

Falcao was thought to be top of the list to replace the departed Alvaro Morata but the club will instead turn to the attacking talent in their squad.

A source told Spanish outlet El Confidencial: "Falcao will not play in Real Madrid now."

Ancelotti is keen to rotate attacking talent such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, James Rogriguez, Jese and Liverpool target Isco up-front when Benzema is unavailable.

Despite publicly hinting that he will stay at Monaco next season, it is widely reported that the Colombian is desperate to leave the Principality club.

The Ligue 1 runners-up are willing to loan out the player with a view to a permanent deal and the Premier League clubs lead the chase.

Monaco want £9.5m for the season-long loan with the remaining £35.5m to be paid next summer.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:38 pm

45m for Falcao  :Oo:

That is a f**king bargain!!!!!!

eds

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill