DEJAN LOVREN - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:30 pm

Welcome to the best and biggest club in the world !!

Solid signing, will create real competition and hopefully bring some much needed leadership to the back 4

Rodgers on Lovren: "He is a commanding & powerful presence & clearly has leadership skills, which is important"

"This is a very important signing for us and I'm delighted it's completed so Dejan can join up with us on our US tour".

Signing the papers..

Liverpool Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of defender Dejan Lovren from Southampton.

The 25-year-old Croatian international today put pen to paper on a long-term deal with the Reds after completing his medical.

Lovren becomes Brendan Rodgers' fifth signing of the summer and the third arrival from St Mary's, following the capture of striker Rickie Lambert and midfielder Adam Lallana.

Upon finalising his Anfield move, the centre-back told Liverpoolfc.com: "It's a dream come true. I'm happy and glad to be here. I'm proud and can't wait to start. I know we have millions and millions of supporters - Liverpool is more than a club.

"After I played at Anfield last season, I said to myself: 'One day I hope I'll be able to play here for Liverpool'. The fans will know from the first minute that I'm a player that will give 100 per cent on the pitch."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:35 pm

Got his eyes on big ears here

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:39 pm

....and of course the interview :)

Dejan Lovren - Liverpool player. How does that sound?
It sounds amazing and it's a dream come true. I'm happy and glad to be here; I'm proud and can't wait to start.

What are you most looking forward to about playing for Liverpool?
I'm most looking forward to Anfield, of course. I played there last season in front of the crowd singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. That is something very special for every player, every sportsman and every fan. I can't wait to get started.

What do you know about the club and its history?
I know we have millions and millions of supporters - Liverpool is more than a club.

You spent one season with Southampton - how do you reflect on that year at St Mary's?
It was just one season and it was really short, but we had a great season with the team and it was amazing to play at St Mary's. It was the first time I had played in England and I was proud to play for Southampton. I'll take good memories from my time there.

When you meet up with your new teammates, there will be a couple of familiar faces in Rickie Lambert and Adam Lallana - that must be a great feeling for you?
Yes, of course, but it's not just Rickie or Adam, I also want to meet the other lads and I can't wait to start with them. They are top players and top lads. Of course I know Adam and Rickie a lot better from last season - they are great players and they deserve to be here.

What do you think Rickie brings to this Liverpool team?
He has a lot of experience, has played a lot of games in the Premier League and the Championship also. Rickie scored a lot of important goals last season and I learned a lot of things from him. He was like a leader for us.

What can you tell us about Lallana?
I really enjoyed playing with Adam last season - it was amazing. He was the main player, playing all of the games. Like Rickie, he is a great leader, even though he is only 26. Now the dream has come true and we will get the chance to play together.

You scored just twice for Southampton, one of them the winner against Liverpool at Anfield last season. What did that moment mean to you?
It was an amazing moment for me because before and after the game I sensed the feeling and atmosphere around the stadium. I will never forget the victory we achieved and especially getting the goal. After the game, I said to myself: "One day I hope I'll be able to play here for Liverpool."

Apart from the goal, what else do you remember about playing at Anfield that day?
Jose Fonte, my defensive partner at Southampton, told me to listen to 'You'll Never Walk Alone' before the first whistle and to enjoy the moment. It was really amazing - I had chills on my arms and it's something that I will never forget. I want to listen to that song every other weekend.

What have you made of Brendan Rodgers' plans for Liverpool, in this coming season and beyond?
We have spoken a little bit. Liverpool have already bought five players, so you can see the club has big ambitions to carry on and not stop here. Of course, I want to be part of the club's ambitions.

What have you made of Liverpool's playing style under the manager?
I like his style, it's amazing and quite similar to Southampton. Their games last year were great, particularly the win at St Mary's. Liverpool play amazing football so I can't wait to join up with the team. It is a privilege to be here.

For anyone who may not have seen you play, how would you describe yourself as a footballer?
I'm a defender but I don't really like to talk about my qualities, as I want to show them on the pitch. The fans will know from the first minute that I'm a player that will give 100 per cent on the pitch, who will really give everything for the lads.

This summer you played in your first World Cup with Croatia - what positives did you take from the experience?
It was an amazing experience for me as it was the first time I have been to the World Cup. I will never forget the opening game against Brazil; I don't know how many billion people were watching! But I'm obviously disappointed that we were eliminated after three games. That said, I think we have a quality team and quality players, so hopefully in the future we will do better.

Back to here and now with Liverpool, what are your plans next? Are you going to join your new teammates in the USA?
Yes, hopefully my Visa will be completed on Monday, so I can travel on Tuesday. It's important for every player that you are with the team in pre-season.

Finally, what is your message to Liverpool fans?
As I said, I'm a player that will give 100 per cent and I want to show that to the supporters because they deserve to see players who give 100 per cent. I know it is going to be something special to play in front of the fans at Anfield and I can't wait.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Bye Bye Agger ?
Barca are sniffing again.....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Santa » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Lovren signs...welcome to the best club in the world. Now do us proud son  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:44 pm

LFC TV has just shown an interview with him, comes across as a strong character, speaks good English too.
Let's just hope he can sort out that back line.
Welcome to the club Dejan.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:29 pm

welcome to the club lad  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:39 pm

Welcome to the club Dejan. Even though I had (and still have) second thoughts about signing him, I've rated him long before he joined the Saints, so I can't wait to see him play for us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Hopefully he can bring what we were missing in the back last season.

I love Agger to death, he's one of my favorite Liverpool players, but if Barca offer over 10 (reportedly interested at 15) then that has to be a no-brainer. Imagine getting £30 million from selling Agger and Borini (I know not completely likely to happen). We'd have brought in over £100 million this offseason and only lost 1 real starter. Add the willing investment by the owners and we'd probably see a few more expensive players coming in.

Welcome to the best club on earth!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby eds » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Really hope this guy can turn our defensive woes around.

Welcome to Liverpool Dejan, get out there and show us what you can do.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby chriserfolg » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:52 am

Welcome the the club Dejan . You've got alot of work to do :) .

YNWA.
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:04 am

I've got a feeling this guy will turn out to be a very good signing... he's an all-action centre back, he can run with the ball and he can tackle... he attacks the ball in the air too...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:52 am

Looks to be a good signing especially coming from another premier league club so there shouldn't be any bedding down period

All the best and walk on in best club in the world
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:00 am

According to Dejan's agent, he turned down more money from Zenit and Spurs because he wanted to play for Liverpool  :bowdown
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:15 pm

Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ9qr6SdKEQ

He said he is willing to die on the pitch playing for us... he has my attention  :cool:
killerp

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion