SEBASTIAN COATES - Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:17 pm

thought he deserved a  :bump
played 60 mins against roma the other night and he gave a good account of himself. he's a decent player in my book, far less dodgier looking than sakho and with agger likely to be going he should be kept around. he's never been given a succession of games and could actually surprise a few if he's given that chance.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:00 am

How long before he gets injured again? He's our Sick Note...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby kartiek » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:22 am

I'm not sure it would be fair to judge Coates on the basis of the game against Roma. Yes, he looked very composed, but he wasn't under any pressure whatsoever except for the one time when he let Totti through to meet Cole's cross. Still, I agree, he looked very composed on the ball, and was generally pretty good otherwise. He should stay as backup this season IMO.
kartiek

Postby eds » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:26 am

I would keep him even though if we sign Lovren he will have 4 CBs in front of him on the pecking order.

He is still only 23 and seeing as most defenders don't hit their stride until their late 20s I would give him a bit more time.

That being said he needs to be solid this year, when he does play. No time for dodgy errors or mistakes at the back if we are to improve.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby chriserfolg » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:13 am

Would love to see him going out on loan to another premier league team to get same games , with lovren in , i cant see him getting any games .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby killerp » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:21 am

eds » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:26 am wrote:That being said he needs to be solid this year, when he does play. No time for dodgy errors or mistakes at the back if we are to improve.

The same could be said for all our defenders, none of which inspire any confidence.

I'm hoping Lovren will organize the back line and his leadership will bring out the best in our sub par defence.

Although with Johnson still back there protecting our back door I worry....    :down:
killerp

Postby devaney » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:37 am

I've always liked this lad. He came to us at a time when many respected professionals expected him to develop into a special player. He has had a rotten time with injuries and just maybe under BR's tutorliedge this can be his year and he can move on to become a major asset to the team.

Johnson had an awful season. Some of it was down to injury. Lack of organisation and understanding at the back didn't help either and Glen has to accept some responsibility for that. He needs to very quickly show that last season is behind him and if he can't then he must be replaced.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:52 pm

He's been impressive thus far ,I just hope he's firmly in Rodgers plans ,because he has the hallmarks of a cultured addition to our back four .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:21 pm

Made some telling interceptions,and once again he passed the ball with real aplomb and his positioning was exemplary,he was comfortably our
star man against City in the first half...... Rodgers has a real dilemma on his hands with Coates in this kind of form.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:13 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm wrote:Made some telling interceptions,and once again he passed the ball with real aplomb and his positioning was exemplary,he was comfortably our
star man against City in the first half...... Rodgers has a real dilemma on his hands with Coates in this kind of form.

Form?

Form is normally judged on more than one game. I would love it if he hits a run of games and plays well. But the reality is, even if he continues to play well, it's highly unlikely he'll be risked in the opening game of the season.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:52 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:13 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:21 pm wrote:Made some telling interceptions,and once again he passed the ball with real aplomb and his positioning was exemplary,he was comfortably our

Form?

Form is normally judged on more than one game. I would love it if he hits a run of games and plays well. But the reality is, even if he continues to play well, it's highly unlikely he'll be risked in the opening game of the season.

You know this for certain do you ? He's started most of our pre season games and been the pick of our defenders in all ,now given young Sebastian's history with
injuries and the manager preferring fucking Sakho and Toure ,I don't think I'm being as foolish as you seem to deem me by stating he's hit a run of form.

What's up, you bored ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:33 pm

Well it's not just one game, he played in 3 or 4 friendlies so far and he played well in all of them. Last night was his biggest test and I thought that he did pretty good. IMO he's worth keeping to fight for his place.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:12 am

Well as he is no longer here to play monopoly with Suarez , I really hope he does step and fight for a place.

More competition in that defence the better
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:18 am

Things can change around pretty quickly in football, after that debacle at Oldham in the cup and a similar poor performance away at Southampton Skrtel's career here looked just about done. But after a good performance against United Skrtel ends up as one of the first names down on the team sheet.
If he plays well enough Coates will get his chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:01 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:52 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:13 pm wrote:

Form?

You know this for certain do you ? He's started most of our pre season games and been the pick of our defenders in all ,now given young Sebastian's history with
injuries and the manager preferring fucking Sakho and Toure ,I don't think I'm being as foolish as you seem to deem me by stating he's hit a run of form.

What's up, you bored ?

Dry your eyes son.

Just pointing out the alternative sensible point of view
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion