Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Can't really see us spending 40 million on a 27 year-old. Though I'm reading today that Vidal has said that he's not going to Man United so anything's possible I guess.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:14 pm

£40m on a 27 year old is ridiculous money, no way will we spend that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Vidal looks a top player from what I have seen and would be a very good signing.

However like the other two above had said, we will not spend 40 million on a player of that age as there is no resale value.

I dont like looking at it in that way but our owners I think definitely will be ensuring that with any major outlay they pay...there is resale market value.

Someone like Reus you can see there would be.
Extremley doubtful for Vidal.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:43 pm

40 mill for Vidal is about right. One of the best midfielders around and -much like a 29 year old Van Persie was for Utd- could be the difference maker in a title challenge. If we want to get back to winning things then we have to start thinking and acting like a big club. At the moment, our dealings in the transfer market are not good enough. The names we brought in are the sort of names I would expect Newcastle or Everton to bring in if they were suddenly handed 100mill.

We have to start aiming higher.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:02 pm

aCe' » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:43 pm wrote:40 mill for Vidal is about right. One of the best midfielders around and -much like a 29 year old Van Persie was for Utd- could be the difference maker in a title challenge. If we want to get back to winning things then we have to start thinking and acting like a big club. At the moment, our dealings in the transfer market are not good enough. The names we brought in are the sort of names I would expect Newcastle or Everton to bring in if they were suddenly handed 100mill.

We have to start aiming higher.

I'm all for aiming higher in the transfer market but that type of fee for a 27 year old is ludicrous, it's double what United payed for Van Persie. You'd probably get Barkley for that money and he's got a decade of football ahead of him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:16 pm

Marca in Spain saying the deal for Origi has fallen through. I thought he was having a medical in Boston now ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Ben Smith from the BBC saying we have agreed a £20m fee for Lovren. Now I do think he is a good defender but is he that much better than what we already have and for £20m? Medical scheduled for tomorrow apparently
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:40 pm

Mail also reporting the Lovren deal. Not sure how I feel about this one. Think he is a decent defender but £20m is heck of a lot of money. Maybe can go on and develop into a truly top class central defender
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:46 pm

bunglemark2 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:16 pm wrote:Marca in Spain saying the deal for Origi has fallen through. I thought he was having a medical in Boston now ?

I think one of the issues maybe is that word is he isn't keen on staying at Lille for another year. He will have Sturridge, Lambert and most probably Remy ahead of him if he were to move to us this summer. Atletico are apparently in for him and can probably provide him more first team opportunities at this point in time. May still happen, but if he is keen to leave Lille this year, he is probably looking at us and thinking he won't get much of a look in
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:22 pm

Doeboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:40 pm wrote:Mail also reporting the Lovren deal. Not sure how I feel about this one. Think he is a decent defender but £20m is heck of a lot of money. Maybe can go on and develop into a truly top class central defender

He just doesn't look athletic enough to me to be a top class CB, his gait when he runs reminds me of Alan Hansen at the end of his career when he had that knee trouble that caused him to pack the game in.
He's meant to be an organiser though and we do need someone to take responsibility at the back so let's see what he can do.
Can't say I'm excited by his arrival though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:38 pm

So much for Reus  :(

From the Express:
Marco Reus to SNUB Liverpool and sign for Bayern Munich instead

MARCO REUS is set to snub the advances of Liverpool and join Bayern Munich instead next summer.

By: Charles PerrinPublished: Tue, July 22, 2014

The 25-year-old has garnered interest from a plethora of Premier League clubs including Manchester United and Chelsea.

Brendan Rodgers has already lavished £60million this summer and his spending this window is likely to smash the £100m barrier.

But according to reports surfacing in Germany, Reus is poised to join Bayern in a £28m move next summer and reunite with his former team-mates Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski.

It is believed Pep Guardiola is a big fan of the midfielder who missed the World Cup with an ankle injury.

The potential move would hit Liverpool hard who are looking to strengthen their attacking options following Luis Suarez's departure.

Meanwhile, Loic Remy is expected to complete his £8.5m switch to the Reds within the next 24 hours.

Liverpool could also sell Fabio Borini to Sunderland for £14m.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:57 pm

Reus was always a pipe dream IMO. After appearing to miss out on a move to Barca this summer, always felt he would bide his time until another opportunity to move to one of the big boys comes along. There's no real rush for him to move, I mean he challenges for honours every year with Dortmund and plays in front of big crowds.

Also looks like the fee for Lovren is £16m +add ons
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:35 am

I just don't understand why we don't sign players like Freddy Adu... He would be a perfect replacement for Suarez IMHO...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:28 am

maguskwt » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:35 am wrote:I just don't understand why we don't sign players like Freddy Adu... He would be a perfect replacement for Suarez IMHO...

aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:41 am

maguskwt » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:35 am wrote:I just don't understand why we don't sign players like Freddy Adu... He would be a perfect replacement for Suarez IMHO...

The very same Freddie Adu who is sh!t?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill