Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:54 pm

he bit the server?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Apparently we've signed the Atletico RB kid for a two season loan with an option to buy. Hope I've read it wrong but we've apparently payed 5 million for just the loan. A bit of a questionable signing for me, how many full-backs do we actually need, considering that we're still looking for a LB as well?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Heard we are making a move for Depay from PSV. Scored a couple for the dutch at the WC
Doeboy

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:17 pm

damjan193 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:51 am wrote:Apparently we've signed the Atletico RB kid for a two season loan with an option to buy. Hope I've read it wrong but we've apparently payed 5 million for just the loan. A bit of a questionable signing for me, how many full-backs do we actually need, considering that we're still looking for a LB as well?

I have never seen this lad play so cant judge the quality of signing.

However in answer to your how many full backs do we need question we are hardly overrun with them are we.

As far as I know we have :-

Johnson
Kelly
Flanagan
Enrique
New kid ?
Kelly never got a look in last season and for me unless something has changed drastically with him then he wont again.
Johnson was absolutely shocking and if they could move him on now they probably would. His wages are probably the reason they cant. Next season he will be out of contract and gone.
Enrique I like but again Rodgers didnt seem to play him as regulaly as I feel he should of. That suggests that he doesnt fancy him.
I cant see anything wrong with bringing in a highly rated player if the manager thinks he is good enough. Especially in a position where we are weak.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:17 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:51 am wrote:Apparently we've signed the Atletico RB kid for a two season loan with an option to buy. Hope I've read it wrong but we've apparently payed 5 million for just the loan. A bit of a questionable signing for me, how many full-backs do we actually need, considering that we're still looking for a LB as well?

I have never seen this lad play so cant judge the quality of signing.

However in answer to your how many full backs do we need question we are hardly overrun with them are we.

As far as I know we have :-

Johnson
Kelly
Flanagan
Enrique
New kid ?
Kelly never got a look in last season and for me unless something has changed drastically with him then he wont again.
Johnson was absolutely shocking and if they could move him on now they probably would. His wages are probably the reason they cant. Next season he will be out of contract and gone.
Enrique I like but again Rodgers didnt seem to play him as regulaly as I feel he should of. That suggests that he doesnt fancy him.
I cant see anything wrong with bringing in a highly rated player if the manager thinks he is good enough. Especially in a position where we are weak.

If we bring in another LB, which looks likely, we'll be pretty good in terms of quantity IMO.

1st choice
RB: Johnson        LB: New guy
2nd choice
RB: Flanagan       LB: Enrique
3rd choice
RB: McLaughlin    LB: Smith

We also have Kelly plus a few other kids like that guy we just brought in from Spurs. We also had Wisdom who we loaned to WBA. That's more than enough IMO.

Anyway, I also can't see anything wrong with bringing in a highly rated players, especially for the RB position where I think Johnson needs replacing. However, this kid is just another prospect and the fact that we're bringing him in on loan means that we're not even too sure about him yet. Before this transfer window I was hoping that we'll bring in a proven RB to replace Johnson, who I hoped would be sold. But BR wants to give Glen another chance so fair enough, he's the boss. But I can't see the logic in bringing in more kids to a position where we already have more than enough future prospects (Flanagan, McLaughlin, Wisdom etc.).
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:19 pm

I am hoping Brendan has the sense to play Flanagan right back and Enrique left back mate. I doubt it's a case of giving Johnson a chance more a case of how do you get him off the books ?
He is on stupid money that nobody else will pay.
With regards to Mcloughlin and Wisdom it's likely that he doesnt rate them either.
They may change his mind if they get a chance in the future and play well, like Flanagan did.
But at this stage based on the fact we are in for this lad, it appears neither of them are in his thoughts.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:24 pm

aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:35 pm

damjan193 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:51 pm wrote:Apparently we've signed the Atletico RB kid for a two season loan with an option to buy. Hope I've read it wrong but we've apparently payed 5 million for just the loan. A bit of a questionable signing for me, how many full-backs do we actually need, considering that we're still looking for a LB as well?

its only the star thats reporting it and they are less than credible but still it sounds right up our street. they say it is £5mil for the 2 year loan and the option to buy.
even if he does sign i doubt he will be anywhere near the 1st team, we do need to sign fullbacks but one's that are actually better than what we currently have. we already took a punt on this stewart lad who spurs released so why add another.
our bench has significantly improved already with what we have signed now its time to go for one or two quality players that actually address weak area's in the 1st 11.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:52 pm

looks like our interest in bertrand was serious. echo also saying we thought we had him back in january  :eyebrow

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ck-7496378?

your relentless brendan  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 am

red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:52 pm wrote:looks like our interest in bertrand was serious. echo also saying we thought we had him back in january  :eyebrow

Opting for the cheap 'solid' option again  :glare:
we saw last night what happens when you have too many solid players in your starting line up. The more of these average players that we sign the more pressure gets heaped onto the shoulders of the few creative players we do have in the squad.
Fullback is such an important position these days, why not pay out the extra few million and get Moreno who at least has the pace to trouble teams?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:36 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:41 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:52 pm wrote:looks like our interest in bertrand was serious. echo also saying we thought we had him back in january  :eyebrow

we saw last night what happens when you have too many solid players in your starting line up. The more of these average players that we sign the more pressure gets heaped onto the shoulders of the few creative players we do have in the squad.
Fullback is such an important position these days, why not pay out the extra few million and get Moreno who at least has the pace to trouble teams?

I read somewhere that everytime we matched the price they raised it, don't know how true it is.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 am wrote:

its all about his system yakka, he doesnt believe you need the top players in the game to carry it out hence why we seem to flit from one target to the next.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:40 am

From the mirror website

Chilean hijack
Liverpool could be set to hijack Manchester United's swoop for Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal, according to Metro.
The Reds would match the £42.5million bid that their great rivals have reportedly offered.
The Anfield-outfit have the added benefit of being able to offer the Chilean World Cup star Champions League football next season, which United would be unable to do.
Vidal has, however, remained quiet on his future and club director Pavel Nedved has said that he is staying put.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-rumours-arturo-vidal-3904576#ixzz38RTK5qoi

Pretty excited to hear that we are actually being linked with some big hitters now.

Vidal would immensely improve our midfield. Although at 42m, he would be our most expensive signing ever!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:22 am

Kinell Eds -  I'm excited that you're excited  :laugh:
Last edited by devaney on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:29 am

Vidal would improve us to a whole other level. I still think we need a striker in mind, though someone like Reus would cushion that  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill