FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:14 pm

With the loss of Suarez we will miss a player that chases lost causes and Borini gives us that but I just wish he was as talented as Suarez, which he is not. He misses too many chances like Dirk did but without being as strong or versatile. Will score the odd important goal but not at the required level. He will probably benefit the team more than Lambert with his industry but Lambert is "plan B" striker that will add another dimension when needed so in my eyes would be ahead of him. Remy I think is a better player.

I think we need that 14 million and Sunderland will get a good player for them and he will get to play regularly, seems clear!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 pm

Sell him as quickly as possible.

He has never been good enough and sitting on the bench on our wages doing f**k all will not change anything, either for him or us.

Understand that Dodgers needs to take the "soft, soft" approach with this guy, but he needs to be sold as quickly as possible so we can keep reshaping our squad.

We really don't have time for this bs.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:03 am

eds » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:23 pm wrote:Sell him as quickly as possible.

He has never been good enough and sitting on the bench on our wages doing f**k all will not change anything, either for him or us.

Understand that Dodgers needs to take the "soft, soft" approach with this guy, but he needs to be sold as quickly as possible so we can keep reshaping our squad.

He's refusing to go though mate, he has a contract and he wants to honour it. There's not much the club can do really bar buy out his contract which would leave him a free agent meaning we wouldn't get a penny from any subsequent moves.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:16 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:03 pm wrote:
eds » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:23 pm wrote:Sell him as quickly as possible.

He's refusing to go though mate, he has a contract and he wants to honour it. There's not much the club can do really bar buy out his contract which would leave him a free agent meaning we wouldn't get a penny from any subsequent moves.

Yeah understand that Yakka.

With the likes of Remy and Lambert coming in, if I were Borini I would honestly think that I can compete with these guys and be a better option.

That is more of an indictment of our recruiting then anything else tho.

Sounds to me that Rodgers hasn't sat him down and honestly told him that isn't in his plans (if the club wants to sell him for 14m and get in an actual QUALITY striker).

Either that or Borini has been receiving mixed signals from the coaching staff.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 am

Whats the rule on selling injured players? hell we signed Aquaboy injured, there must be other clubs out there as silly as that.
killerp

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:57 am

killerp » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 am wrote:Whats the rule on selling injured players? hell we signed Aquaboy injured, there must be other clubs out there as silly as that.

i dont even understand why he was brought on the tour never mind starting the game last night. he is so out of his depth it isnt funny anymore. he went in for a challenge in the first few mins and ended up falling in a heap landing on his shoulder. it wasnt even that bad but he opted to come off rather than try to put in a performance.
he's one of the worst players ive ever seen pull on a red jersey  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:21 pm

what's the point on bringing a player on tour, much less played him in friendlies if he's not going to feature in our plan?

Are we trying to squeeze Sunderland for more cash? heck £14M is good money for him

Does he think he will get a chance to shine when the competition for places is so keen? If I'm Borini, I'll make the move and play regular football

That's why I don't understand the juice in bringing him along...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Borini has all the hallmarks of Bendtner for Arsenal ,a player who despite his inadequacies believes himself to be a player and hangs around like a bad smell .
Its up to Rodgers to sit the lad down and tell him in no uncertain terms he got this one badly wrong ,and he needs to go for the betterment of the team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:45 pm

He obviously feels that by moving to Sunderland he is taking a step backwards in his career, if you are at a big club and take that step down the ladder it's often very difficult to climb your way back up again.
That's the way him and his agent no doubt view the situation.
Even if Brendan gives him the cold shoulder (which I doubt he will considering this is the second time Brendan has signed him and the third club they've worked at together) I think Fabio would much prefer a move 'sideways' than backwards.
Sunderland are a good old club but Borini could easily be playing in the championship the season after next if he goes there, within the space of a season he could go from a Champions League club to a team visiting the likes of Bournemouth, Brentford and Rotheram.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:51 pm

Borini seems to have a vastly inflated opinion on his overall qualities mate ,Sunderland as you say ,are a good club which can only improve under Poyet ,I think under his tutelage last season Borini hit his ceiling and needs to accept he is surplus to requirements in a team with far loftier aspirations.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sniffy98 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Borini impressed me last season. I quite like him but doing it at a club challenging is a big step up and I think a step too far. He can't be pushed out of the door though and as much as we'd like the cash, we need to accept that it is upto Borini who has a contract and we can't really dislike him if he decides to stay. If he stays and plays for us when he's fit, we should support the lad. But I want the £14m ;-)
sniffy98

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:31 pm

sniffy98 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 pm wrote:Borini impressed me last season. I quite like him but doing it at a club challenging is a big step up and I think a step too far. He can't be pushed out of the door though and as much as we'd like the cash, we need to accept that it is upto Borini who has a contract and we can't really dislike him if he decides to stay. If he stays and plays for us when he's fit, we should support the lad. But I want the £14m ;-)

Good post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:33 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:51 pm wrote:Borini seems to have a vastly inflated opinion on his overall qualities mate ,Sunderland as you say ,are a good club which can only improve under Poyet ,I think under his tutelage last season Borini hit his ceiling and needs to accept he is surplus to requirements in a team with far loftier aspirations.

There's not much we can do though mate, he has got a contract and obviously believes deep down that he belongs at a club challenging for the top honours in the game as opposed to one dodging relegation. Discounting the clubs he has been loaned out to his CV reads - Chelsea, Roma, Liverpool which is to be fair quite impressive.
I think the club have resigned themselves to the fact that he's staying, if he was on the verge of a permanent move I couldn't see the club A) taking him to the States and B) giving him so much game time (in case he got injured and jeopardised the £14m deal)
I think he may be prepared to go out on loan again to get games but I don't think he'll move anywhere permanently that he considers a big step backwards, certainly not to a relegation threatened team. I think our best bet is selling him back to Roma or AC Milan or Juventus or somewhere like that, I think he'd accept that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 pm

they might not be willing to match sunderlands 14mil.
its as simple as this, sit him down and tell him straight that he wont be played. if his agent wants to find another club other than sunderland then so be it but he has played his last game for us.
what not to do is accept a bid and then bring him on a preseason tour so he can get injured.
bottom line with him is that he just isnt good enough even as cover  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:39 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:54 pm wrote:they might not be willing to match sunderlands 14mil.
its as simple as this, sit him down and tell him straight that he wont be played. if his agent wants to find another club other than sunderland then so be it but he has played his last game for us.
what not to do is accept a bid and then bring him on a preseason tour so he can get injured.
bottom line with him is that he just isnt good enough even as cover  :no

Spot on.

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion