Liverpool V's Roma- Fenway Pk, Boston. KO 00.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:45 pm

This is the problem when pre season games are televised nowadays.
I say it every season when post match the moans come in.

Pre season matches are essentially about fitness and bedding back in.
This was only the third match and most of the side did not play in it.
I am pretty sure that in a week or so we will start seeing something closer to how we will line up.
In the meantime it's just a run out to get fitness going.
It wasnt great to watch and I also feel a bit sorry for the american fans that would have been looking forward to it and paid good money.
However at this stage of pre season you wont see any other top side putting their first XI out.

I dont think it's fair to criticise the manager for it.

Having said that regarding Borini I agree totally with Red, he shouldnt have been near the team when we have a very good offer for him and he isnt in the plans for this season.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:05 pm

Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:45 pm wrote:This is the problem when pre season games are televised nowadays.

I am pretty sure that in a week or so we will start seeing something closer to how we will line up.
It wasnt great to watch and I also feel a bit sorry for the american fans that would have been looking forward to it and paid good money.
However at this stage of pre season you wont see any other top side putting their first XI out.

Having said that regarding Borini I agree totally with Red, he shouldnt have been near the team when we have a very good offer for him and he isnt in the plans for this season.

They're  not moans Ben they're simply observations  :D Incidentally what did everyone think about the yanks rendition of YNWA ,I have to say it was the most feeblest
I have ever had the misfortune to hear .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:18 pm

I sky plussed it and watched it at 6am this morning before I left for work mate so fast forwarded it until KO.
Take it wasnt anything like the ones we heard last pre season on the tours then !!
I actually understand why people arent happy with the team yesterday, we are all eager to get back to proper football and watching LFC.
But we all seriously need to be patient and not read too much into the early pre season games.
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:18 pm wrote:I sky plussed it and watched it at 6am this morning before I left for work mate so fast forwarded it until KO.
Take it wasnt anything like the ones we heard last pre season on the tours then !!
I actually understand why people arent happy with the team yesterday, we are all eager to get back to proper football and watching LFC.
But we all seriously need to be patient and not read too much into the early pre season games.

It was awful mate ,honestly they played the song and the crowd just waved their respective red scarves....embarrassing fare.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Ben Patrick » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:45 pm wrote:This is the problem when pre season games are televised nowadays.

The game has changed mate, years ago pre season was all about getting fit, these days it's about opening new markets and making money.
The clubs give these games a huge billing when they are trying to sell tickets to the locals, they don't say come and watch our reserves and U21's have a kick about, they advertise the games as huge clashes between European heavyweights etc.
They even have a small army of ex players in their entourage to promote the ***** out of the games and they sell the TV rights knowing full well millions are going to watch the matches.
If the club is genuinely only interested in getting players fit then they should go back to the days when we used to play Irish/Norwegian part timers in front of one man and his dog.
If they don't want people to judge their performances then stop selling and advertising the ***** out the games, if pre season is all about fitness then stop running around the planet chasing lucrative opportunities.
The club can't have their cake and eat it too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:12 am

Yakka I see what you are saying but feel the most important thing is the fitness.

The club clearly want the best of both worlds with these tours that they are arranging every season.
But I am not having it that we should be putting a full force side out early-ish in pre season.
Roma's team was similar to ours, they had loads missing.
Chelsea had Fabregas, Costa and others sitting watching on the same night.

I think the fans that turn up at these matches should know the score to be honest.

I didnt particulaly enjoy what I watched after getting up at 6am to watch before I left for work the other day, but I understand it's not really important in the grand scheme of things.
I expect gradually with each game we will see more of the first team players and by the Dortmund game as close as possible to the side he wants to go with for Southampton.
Ben Patrick

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:57 pm

Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:12 am wrote:Yakka I see what you are saying but feel the most important thing is the fitness.

The club clearly want the best of both worlds with these tours that they are arranging every season.
But I am not having it that we should be putting a full force side out early-ish in pre season.
Roma's team was similar to ours, they had loads missing.
Chelsea had Fabregas, Costa and others sitting watching on the same night.

I think the fans that turn up at these matches should know the score to be honest.

I didnt particulaly enjoy what I watched after getting up at 6am to watch before I left for work the other day, but I understand it's not really important in the grand scheme of things.
I expect gradually with each game we will see more of the first team players and by the Dortmund game as close as possible to the side he wants to go with for Southampton.

It's not that early in pre season Ben, our first league game is on the 16th of next month and today is the 25th, that's only 3 weeks away and we haven't put out anything resembling a first team yet. 3 weeks is not that much time for new team mates to get to know each other's games and to adjust to life without Suarez.
We have got to hit the ground running as well given our fixture list.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:27 pm

It was a world cup year though mate.
Things are a bit different with players returning to training later and that.

I am honestly not worried and ok with it all.
Ben Patrick

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games