Liverpool V's Roma- Fenway Pk, Boston. KO 00.30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:33 am

we play roma today in a friendly before we play in the guinness international champions cup  :lookaround
full squad to choose from and the competition should give us a good test so hope to see a strong capable side from the off.
it kicks off at 00.30 uk time and il post a link when its closer to gametime.
Last edited by red till i die!! on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:23 am

It is still pretty early pre season so it is likely that everyone will get a half each with a mixed side of experienced players and some of the younger lads being fielded.

Can has had a bit of an injury so might not feature either.

This isnt on until 1230am tomorrow here so will have to sky plus is and watch it before work in the morning.

The one thing that has surprised me this pre season is the quality of the opposition we are facing compared with last year.
All very good sides really. I am not so sure with our hysterical fans that is a good thing as if results arent great then the over reaction will be in full swing.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:35 am

just changed the time of KO, was a bit fuzzy when i wrote that op  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:06 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:23 am wrote:It is still pretty early pre season so it is likely that everyone will get a half each with a mixed side of experienced players and some of the younger lads being fielded.

Can has had a bit of an injury so might not feature either.

This isnt on until 1230am tomorrow here so will have to sky plus is and watch it before work in the morning.

The one thing that has surprised me this pre season is the quality of the opposition we are facing compared with last year.
All very good sides really. I am not so sure with our hysterical fans that is a good thing as if results arent great then the over reaction will be in full swing.

The negativity will persist regardless of the pre season results buddy.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:28 pm

I wonder if any of the new lads will get a run out tonight?
Tonight's echo is full of articles waxing lyrical about Markovic in training, they say even when he's doing simple passing drills he just looks so stylish. Apparently his acceleration is like something off a video game as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Team for tonight - jones, kelly, coates, skrtel, enrique, allen, lucas, coutinho, ibe, borini, lambert
Subs - ward, agger, hendo, can, suso, coady, phillips, peterson, robinson

Brendan should have went with a more exciting line up than that if he wants everyone to stay up until 3.00am midweek!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:17 pm

bit disappointed with that line-up myself  :down: even the bench is a let down. no lallana or markovic  :(
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:42 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:22 am

Next season, all visiting teams will be coming to Anfield hoping to do a Chelsea. Brendan must compromise on his attacking a bit and spend more time on improving the defence tactics. We may have to revert to Houllier's tactics every now and then,  defend, hit them on the counter and play to win albeit boring football for 90 mins.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:31 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:11 pm wrote:Team for tonight - jones, kelly, coates, skrtel, enrique, allen, lucas, coutinho, ibe, borini, lambert
Subs - ward, agger, hendo, can, suso, coady, phillips, peterson, robinson

Brendan should have went with a more exciting line up than that if he wants everyone to stay up until 3.00am midweek!

What an uninspiring ***** lineup...
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:25 am

The game was awful, I know it's only pre season but I can't imagine a snooze-fest like that doing much to spread the gospel of football over in the states.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 am

So far we lost two matches a drew one (PNE). If I remember correctly we won all our preseason matches and looked good last year. Winning is a habit that we have to get into especially considering the start of our season this year, which will be tough. Putting out a winning team is more important than watching the kids.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:44 am

i regret staying up to watch that TBH. should have known when i seen the lineup.
it was all sideways stuff with us barely threatening their keeper over the 90 mins. that yam-yam borini also came off injured after 10 mins resulting from a fall on his shoulder. probably injured now and might put that move to sunderland in jeopardy.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:56 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 am wrote:i regret staying up to watch that TBH. should have known when i seen the lineup.
it was all sideways stuff with us barely threatening their keeper over the 90 mins. that yam-yam borini also came off injured after 10 mins resulting from a fall on his shoulder. probably injured now and might put that move to sunderland in jeopardy.

felt sorry for our american fans who made the effort to go and watch that, I bet some of them travelled a fair distance to get to Boston as well.
I know Brendan's hands are tied to some extent by the World Cup players only just returning but in my eyes all we are doing at the moment is getting our loan/bench players fit.
So in other words we are getting players fit for the benefit of other teams because let's face it most of the players who have featured in the Brondby, Preston and Roma games (Coady, Robinson, Suso, Kelly, Wisdom etc) will probably end up out on loan playing for someone else, either that or sat on the bench somewhere.
We may as well not bothered playing those first 3 friendlies for all the good it did our first team.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 pm

I really for the life of me don't understand what Rodgers managed to glean from that team he put out ,I mean surely the logic in keeping a player on the verge of a
lucrative transfer away from Liverpool as far away from that line up as is possible ,is not that difficult to comprehend  ???

All in all a dire game ,in which Liverpool should have played their best eleven ,instead of a disjointed mish mash of players that should have been striving to impress. 

Plus points
Emre Can will be a monster for the reds ,some of his close control was Coutinho like ,plus he looks like he likes a tackle ,at the back I thought Coates looked
composed and distributed the ball well ,and Coutinho looks like he knows this season will be hinged on his genius ,and was our best player on the field.

The manager knows what he wants from the players ,he knows how the team will set up ,and he knows his first eleven .......So play them  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games