Luis Suarez signs for Barcelona

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:29 pm

that ban barca got was handed out in april and yet the appeal could not have been heard before the window opened and wont be heard until it closes. its a damn joke especially when you consider a player has also been banned from every single thing to do with the sport except transfer  :laugh:  barca have obviously got friends in high places.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:44 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:29 pm wrote:that ban barca got was handed out in april and yet the appeal could not have been heard before the window opened and wont be heard until it closes. its a damn joke especially when you consider a player has also been banned from every single thing to do with the sport except transfer  :laugh:  barca have obviously got friends in high places.

Don't think there's any doubt about that. Or at least some of their officials getting a large backhander from Catalonia.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:17 pm

can't even take part in a charity match. He's being treated like an animal, b0llocks to FIFA
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Reading the latest charm offensive from the Godfather of all that is corrupt 'Sepp Blatter' tonguing and slavering his way to having Suarez's ban reduced is stomach
churning I mean was this not the same when the severity of Suarez's and Liverpool's censure was announced ,surely his words however vacuous would have held more credibility if uttered then. ???  Utterly loathsome organization
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:21 pm wrote:Reading the latest charm offensive from the Godfather of all that is corrupt 'Sepp Blatter' tonguing and slavering his way to having Suarez's ban reduced is stomach
churning I mean was this not the same when the severity of Suarez's and Liverpool's censure was announced ,surely his words however vacuous would have held more credibility if uttered then. ???  Utterly loathsome organization

Completely agree. This ban will be reduced sharp. Absolute joke of a footballing body. Nations need to just start giving these two fingers, its the only way I reckon
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby babu » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:17 am

Good bye and thank you Luis Suarez!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:18 am

http://www.teamtalk.com/premier-league/ ... uis-Suarez

He wanted out after all...bite or no bite he was going.
killerp

Postby devaney » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:02 pm

The appeal is going to arbitration. FIFA have already kicked out Suarez's initial appeal. I'm as cynical as the rest of you but let's face it the football world is watching and the majority of people want Luis severely punished and missing a few international games for an average team is not going to satisfy them. Who knows his punishment may be deemed as insufficient by the arbitrators. Life bans have been mentioned  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:09 pm

devaney » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:02 pm wrote: Life bans have been mentioned  :laugh:

now that would be priceless!!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 pm

No disrespect to Suarez but I never actually felt like he was OUR player. I think he enjoyed being here and the support of the fans, the players and the club etc, but he always wanted to go to Spain. I appreciate what hes done for us and his contribution, especially last season, has been outstanding. But lets not forget the trouble he caused and the games he was banned for, even though the gobsh'ites at the fa didnt have a clue what they were doing. In the main it was a positive experience and like all good things it has come to an end. I wish him well at Barca (unless they play us) and Im sure he'll take la liga by storm.
So good luck and fu'ck you Luis.
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:29 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 pm wrote:good luck and fu'ck you Luis.

Most talented player I've ever seen in our shirt

Many thanks for getting us back into the Champions League.

Unlike Thommo I don't wish you good luck but do echo his "f*ck you". Happy to thank you for your contribution while you were here but don't see why any Liverpool fan should wish you anything for the future.

Lets face it we were never more than just a stepping stone for you and despite our total support throughout all the Sh*t you managed to bring down upon yourself and our club you were always looking at the next step in your career. Can't blame you for that but to wish you luck with it ?   :no

f*ck you, despite everything you've ever said about LFC ,when push comes to shove, you're just another fking footballing Mercenary.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:30 pm

We've all expended a considerable amount of mental energy on the fruitcake that is Luis Alberto Suarez Diaz. He played some fantastic football. He scored some amazing goals. He helped get us back into the CL. His contribution, albeit tarnished, allowed us to make a profit of over £50m when we agreed to sell him. IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON - CLOSE THE THREAD !!!

When it goes sh.it shaped at Barca who knows we might just buy him back for a few million and rescue his career  :laugh:  UNTIL THEN LETS USE OUR MENTAL ENERGY TO ENJOY THE FUTURE INSTEAD OF WORRYING ABOUT THE PAST !!!
Last edited by devaney on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:50 am

Why is thread about Barca player still doing in the LFC section?

No hard feelings no feelings at all
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alxy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 am

Wouldn't it be just fate to draw Barcelona at some point in the UCL next season.... Here's hoping it's at the final....whereby we win :)
alxy

Postby Soupyzrx » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:40 am

woof woof ! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:29 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 pm wrote:good luck and fu'ck you Luis.

Most talented player I've ever seen in our shirt

Many thanks for getting us back into the Champions League.

Unlike Thommo I don't wish you good luck but do echo his "f*ck you". Happy to thank you for your contribution while you were here but don't see why any Liverpool fan should wish you anything for the future.

Lets face it we were never more than just a stepping stone for you and despite our total support throughout all the Sh*t you managed to bring down upon yourself and our club you were always looking at the next step in your career. Can't blame you for that but to wish you luck with it ?   :no

f*ck you, despite everything you've ever said about LFC ,when push comes to shove, you're just another fking footballing Mercenary.

Absolutely agee whole-heartedly with this. Maybe it's mean-spirited of me, but I really don't hope Luis has much success at Barcelona. That would make the contrast with how well he had it with Liverpool all the more stark.
I must say I will be interested to see how well he can adapt to no longer being the 'big fish', and whether he can adopt the attitude of his 'plan A' priority being to get the ball to someone else (Messi, Neymar), rather than everyone else's priority being to get the ball to him.
Fu'ck you Lu, indeed.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion