Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:44 pm

Stu the Red » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:22 pm wrote:Personally woof I'm not overly interested in their personal lives. If they want to live idiotic Jeremy Kyle lifestyles providing they aren't breaking the law and bringing it into work then I couldn't give a flying f*ck if they were all at it with each other.

If it affects the team then they can f*ck off. I'm about as interested in there personal lives as I am big brother or emmerdale farm.

Understand what you're saying Stu, I guess some of us are just from different generations, with different moral standards.

For me Shanks, Uncle Bob and King Kenny set the standard on how a manager of our club should conduct themselves in AND away from the workplace.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:48 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:44 pm wrote:
Stu the Red » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:22 pm wrote:Personally woof I'm not overly interested in their personal lives. If they want to live idiotic Jeremy Kyle lifestyles providing they aren't breaking the law and bringing it into work then I couldn't give a flying f*ck if they were all at it with each other.

If it affects the team then they can f*ck off. I'm about as interested in there personal lives as I am big brother or emmerdale farm.

Understand what you're saying Stu, I guess some of us are just from different generations, with different moral standards.

For me Shanks, Uncle Bob and King Kenny set the standard on how a manager of our club should conduct themselves in AND away from the workplace.

Cheeky ***** :D

I have morales Woof, good ones as well. Just i dont really give a f*ck what other peoples are unless they directly affect me.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:36 pm

Red Focus » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:50 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:20 pm wrote:cant believe you's are even wasting your time discussing what he does in his personal life  :help   :p  :D

I respectfully disagree. What happens in our personal life does indeed affects our work performance. Any married man who is dating someone else and the subsequent problems that will surely follow suite will definitely surface and will definitely affect your emotions and way of thinking. I know it's none of our business in what Brendan does in his private life, but because he's the manager of the club I love, events like this which can affect his work performance will be a cause for concern for the fans.

Luis Suarez, no doubt is a football genius and for all I care, as a mercenaric South American, he can f##k off to wherever he wants to but to me, our manager is the most important person in the club, not Luis Suarez though I would love to see him staying with us. Because Liverpool cannot compete financially with Chelsea, City, manure and even Spurs, so it's the team work that matters and team work depends on the manager. So I am sad and concerned by what is happening on the relationship side of his life.

this happened months ago, not yesterday and it didnt seem to bother him at the time or have a negative effect on our season so i dont know why you think it will happen now. last year he was walking hand in hand with his son to the courts when he was on trial for gang banging some girl and recording it and that didnt seem to effect him then either.
if what your trying to say is that the man is a scumbag for cheating on his wife then i agree but its hardly going to derail our plans, what will do that is spunking more money on deadwood like he has been doing thus far which is the real concern, not whats keeping him warm at night.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:46 pm

Does anyone here actually know the details of what happened between Brendan and his wife?  No?  Didn't think so. STFU then.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:14 am

I question the man's transfer policy.

He hasn't signed us any big names yet. All fringe players... moses, Sturridge, Joe Allen.

Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd will all go out and spend big.

I think we need to too!!!!!????
Jesus
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:13 pm

The Boss picking up his honurary degree this afternoon

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Jesus » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:14 am wrote:I question the man's transfer policy.

He hasn't signed us any big names yet. All fringe players... moses, Sturridge, Joe Allen.

im struggling to work out how Sturridge has been a fringe player since his signing?
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:09 pm

are you about 8 years old? in fact most of the 8 year olds I've heard talk about football whereas you just spout *****.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:06 pm

Sturridge a fringe player? 21 goals last season in the premiership?
friendlyguy33

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 am

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:50 am

Let's be honest here guys. If Rodgers hadn't got the most out of a few key players last year, played the brado style of football we had been crying out for and delivered us 2nd place, the pressure on him to deliver this season would be absolutely insane. With Suarez no longer being here, the attention now will clearly pinpoint how we kick on from last season, particularly with our rivals strengthening considerably.

From what has become apparent he now has free reign in deciding our immediate future, but a lot of us are still scratching our heads on his and the recruiting department's transfer policy. Personally I think he is making huge mistakes with some of players we are bringing in and the players we have been linked to but as a fan I hope they can prove me wrong and play above their actual levels so we can keep challenging for trophies this season. Just wish we can at least bring in one quality player, so we can all get genuinely excited before the season kicks off.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:35 am

Eds I think the first paragrpah of your post pretty much indicates why the manager will be given a free rein by the fans this season.
Your post reads like last season was nothing special.

Before the season started in the thread where will we finish in the league the majority would have been satisfied with improvement from the previous season and where hopeful of top 4. Most thought 5th would be most likely.

We almost won the league playing the best football I have seen us play since the last time we won it.

That isnt something that we should be so dismissive of.

In respect of the incoming players this season I honestly dont know how they will turn out but I am pleased with Lallana as I think he is a perfect fit for how we want to play.
The lad can play in multiple positions and presses high up the pitch which is what we will want to do.
Markovic looks very exciting but at this stage we dont know how quickly he will adapt to the league. To be fair though he adapted to the Portuguese league well enough.

Last season the starting 11 went close to winning the league, where we came up short was when players where injured or suspended (Henderson) we didnt have anywhere near good enough options.
You would think the likes of Lambert, Remy and Can will be far better than Moses, Aspas and Cissokho.

Also I dont think our business is done, there may be one top bracket player that comes in.
They are hard transfers to pull off. But I have no doubt that Brendan would want someone like Reus if we could get him in.

Let's just wait and see what happens.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:00 pm

eds » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:50 am wrote:Let's be honest here guys. If Rodgers hadn't got the most out of a few key players last year, played the brado style of football we had been crying out for and delivered us 2nd place, the pressure on him to deliver this season would be absolutely insane. With Suarez no longer being here, the attention now will clearly pinpoint how we kick on from last season, particularly with our rivals strengthening considerably.

From what has become apparent he now has free reign in deciding our immediate future, but a lot of us are still scratching our heads on his and the recruiting department's transfer policy. Personally I think he is making huge mistakes with some of players we are bringing in and the players we have been linked to but as a fan I hope they can prove me wrong and play above their actual levels so we can keep challenging for trophies this season. Just wish we can at least bring in one quality player, so we can all get genuinely excited before the season kicks off.

thats it in a nutshell eds.
we managed to outperform many a persons expectation last season and a few players really stood up. rodgers really seems to be able to motivate players and that is what we will be relying on again this season.
he was always in control of player transfers imo. he refused to work with a dof when he got the job so therefore is not letting a committee sign players for him. they do the talking while rodgers identifies the players he wants.
losing a player of suarez's calibre is always going to hurt but we have been well compensated and left with more than enough time to address the loss. finishing outside the top 4 next season will be a disaster and the last thing id want to hear is because we lost our best player.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:11 pm

Can't possibly complain about what BR has achieved since arriving at the club AND YET (  :D  ) I still find myself perplexed at some (if not many) of his moves in the transfer market.

There are times when I find myself wondering if Brendan doubts his own ability to manage "senior/established" players hence his penchant for signing younger not yet proven ones. Then again he might just be following FSG's famed "money ball" policy i.e "Buy low, develop the player, Sell high" 

I don't have a problem with us signing "young players with potential" , that's fair enough PROVIDED we maintain a first team that are good enough for the here and now ! .
If the first team fails to continually compete at the highest table any "youngsters with potential" that  BR is developing will when that "potential" is eventually realised be cherry picked by clubs who are in the CL year after year after year. As an example, ask yourself if you think we'll hang onto the likes of  Sterling if in the next couple of seasons we don't remain one of the top 4 clubs in the prem ?

We've made some decent signings in this window, I'm looking forward to seeing Can and Markowicz develop with us , they could prove to be the kind of players that endorse Brendans transfer abilities/vision and make worriers like me shut the fk up !  . Lallana is a good signing but at £25 million ? !!! (Madrid got Kroos for £20 million !) . Lambert, again a decent buy for a couple of million but at 32 years old obviously no more than a quick fix/back up for a season or two.

So, we've added some good players to the squad BUT where the f*ck is the already proven quality ? ? ?, looks like other clubs are busy signing them   :(

BTW, haven't even mentioned that solving our biggest worry THE DEFENCE has yet to still be properly addressed .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:46 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:11 pm wrote:Can't possibly complain about what BR has achieved since arriving at the club AND YET (  :D  ) I still find myself perplexed at some (if not many) of his moves in the transfer market.

There are times when I find myself wondering if Brendan doubts his own ability to manage "senior/established" players hence his penchant for signing younger not yet proven ones. Then again he might just be following FSG's famed "money ball" policy i.e "Buy low, develop the player, Sell high" 

I don't have a problem with us signing "young players with potential" , that's fair enough PROVIDED we maintain a first team that are good enough for the here and now ! .
If the first team fails to continually compete at the highest table any "youngsters with potential" that  BR is developing will when that "potential" is eventually realised be cherry picked by clubs who are in the CL year after year after year. As an example, ask yourself if you think we'll hang onto the likes of  Sterling if in the next couple of seasons we don't remain one of the top 4 clubs in the prem ?

We've made some decent signings in this window, I'm looking forward to seeing Can and Markowicz develop with us , they could prove to be the kind of players that endorse Brendans transfer abilities/vision and make worriers like me shut the fk up !  . Lallana is a good signing but at £25 million ? !!! (Madrid got Kroos for £20 million !) . Lambert, again a decent buy for a couple of million but at 32 years old obviously no more than a quick fix/back up for a season or two.

So, we've added some good players to the squad BUT where the f*ck is the already proven quality ? ? ?, looks like other clubs are busy signing them   :(

BTW, haven't even mentioned that solving our biggest worry THE DEFENCE has yet to still be properly addressed .

this might shed a bit of light into some of those questions woof  :;):

Brendan Rodgers watches on.
Brendan Rodgers has warned rival clubs that Liverpool FC won't pay over the odds for talent this summer.

The manager's transfer kitty has been swelled by the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona for £75million.

However, Rodgers insists despite that windfall the club's approach to deals remains the same – they place a value on a target and won't exceed that figure in negotiations.

Loic Remy, who has linked up with the squad in Boston, will become the Reds' fifth summer signing in a £8.5million move from Queens Park Rangers after they triggered his release clause.

View gallery
""""""""""
Liverpool FC train at Fenway Park, Boston ahead of AS Roma clash (pics: Jason Roberts)
View gallery

But Liverpool have been frustrated in their attempts to land other targets such as left-back Alberto Moreno with Sevilla having repeatedly upped their demands for the Spain international.

“If clubs sense there is an opportunity to get more out of us it won’t happen,” Rodgers said.

“We are very unified in how we work in that way. We have a value for a player and most clubs have been sensible.

“There has been a lot of work. There's hardly been a break for the staff over the off season, flying through Europe, speaking with players and looking at targets.

“But generally the prices we've paid was the value we put on them. I would not want the club to pay more than a value just to get someone in.”

Buying Remy will take Liverpool's summer spending past the £65million mark following the acquisition of Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana, Emre Can and Lazar Markovic.

Lazar MarkovicLazar Markovic 
It was always going to be a busy window for the Reds as Rodgers looks to assemble a squad capable of coping with the demands of Champions League football.

But the exit of Suarez has vastly increased the amount of cash available for signings. With that unprecedented war chest for a Liverpool manager comes great responsibility to ensure it's spent wisely.

“I have always said at every club I’ve been at that the club’s money is my money. I work for the club,” Rodgers said.

“I’m there to serve the club and run it the best I possibly can on the field and work with the owners off it. They know I push to get the best players to come in and they gain the trust with how we work.

“There is money available but we know that spending money does not always guarantee success.

“Last January everyone was crying out that we needed more signings. We never signed anyone. Okay, we might have done with one or two but it was not a major factor in us not winning the title.

“You only spend the money if the players are there. The great thing with the owners is the money is there if the right players are available. What we can’t do is spend for the sake of it.

“The players we’ve brought in were players we wanted anyway. It was well documented that our squad last year was too thin so we needed to bring in a number of players to get that level and depth up.”

With Liverpool hopeful of wrapping up a £20million deal for Southampton centre-back Dejan Lovren and Rodgers still trying to strengthen his full-back options, it promises to be a busy few weeks.

There is a school of thought that the Reds need a 'marquee' signing to truly fill the void left by Suarez but the manager has a plan and won't deviate from it.

“Our signings are strategic signings. They are not just names,” he said.

“They must all fit into the purpose of the team, but of course we want them to make a contribution. If that means we do not spend all the money or the net spend is the same then so be it.

“The character is important. It is not just about the player, but the right type of person. I want players that are committed to the cause to make Liverpool the best they can be.

“I want players resting when they should be resting, training hard and working hard and focusing on their life as footballers.

“The types we have brought in are those types, as well as those we already have in the squad who have been brilliant. It is footballing qualities and also human qualities we want.”

LIVE BLOG: Live: Liverpool FC in the USA, July 23 2014

Eyebrows were raised at the size of the fee Liverpool handed over to Southampton for Lallana.

Rodgers admits there is a premium to be paid for English talent but he has no doubts that it will prove to be £23million well spent.

“For British players across the board there is always that,” he said. “We paid what we thought he was worth. We would not go higher than we thought he was worth.

“I spoke to enough people about him and have seen enough of him, and know enough people who had seen him and played with him to know he would be a great signing for us.

“I have no qualms about it. The value of British players is always pushed up because of the home grown rule.

“Adam is a great boy. The types of players we bring in will have the profile of what we want so the transition should be smooth.

“Of course it is is going to be strange for them at times coming into a new team, but you see it with him straight away he presses for the ball when he does not have it and he has got beautiful balance.

“He can score goals and create goals. He is a wonderful footballer. I have been impressed by his mentality and character.

“We are bringing in players who I believe will really contribute for us.

“Emre Can has the pace and the power. He has played in the Champions League and has good experience for a young player.

“Markovic – the talent is there with him. He will contribute as will Lallana and Lambert.

“When we play in the Champions League in the week I need to know I have players who I can put in and they will contribute.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... fc-7494849?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion