FABIO BORINI- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri May 16, 2014 11:28 pm

ethanr » Fri May 16, 2014 6:46 pm wrote:Mannone? Couldn't make it at arsenal and they don't even have a good keeper. I'll definitely give you Balo, but for me, Mannone is definitely a flop.

You clearly haven't been watching Sunderland games then. He made a total of 131 saves this season, more than De Gea, Howard, Mignolet and Szczesny despite playing in a far less superior team compared to the 4 mentioned.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat May 17, 2014 2:53 am

Vito Mannone may have been the fans’ choice for player of the year, but Sunderland coach Charlie Oatway insists Fabio Borini was his pick of the bunch.

On-loan Liverpool man Borini was a huge hit in his season on Wearside, scoring 10 goals in all competitions - including strikes home and away against rivals Newcastle in the league, and one at Wembley in the Capital One Cup final - and becoming a terrace favourite.

Mannone just edged out his fellow-Italian in the voting for the Sunderland Supporters’ Association Player of the Year award, although Borini did pick up the Young Player of the Year accolade instead.

But first team coach Oatway singled out the 23-year-old not only for his contribution on the pitch, but also for his attitude off the pitch.

Asked to pick his own personal player of the year, Oatway said: “For me, Borini.

“I love the kid. He’s a pleasure to work with.

“He’s such a humble guy. For instance, he was driving home after the West Brom game and he saw three Italians who he’d met earlier because they wanted his autograph.

“He saw they were walking to Newcastle, so he picked them up and drove them there.

“That’s the type of guy he is.

“If he doesn’t stay with us, I hope he really succeeds in his career because he deserves it.

“He’s very professional on a daily basis.

“He goes out on the training field at virtually the same time as the coaching staff, about 15 minutes before the rest of them.

“He’s out there starting to stretch and preparing for what’s coming.

“If you’re a kid, he’s one to watch.”

Borini’s loan spell ran out at the end of the season and he has now returned to Anfield.

But Sunderland would love to sign him over the summer - either on a permanent basis, or for another season on loan.

However the ball is firmly in Liverpool’s court.

Oatway admitted: “It’s one of the easier ones for us in some ways because it’s not in our hands.

“It’s totally in Liverpool’s hands.

“We’ll just have to wait and monitor that one.

“But I’m sure if he is available, he’d like to come back and play with us.”
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:19 pm

in the echo:

Liverpool close to agreeing £14m sale of Fabio Borini to Sunderland

Liverpool FC are close to agreeing the sale of Fabio Borini to Sunderland in a deal rising to around £14million.

The Reds have decided to off-load the 23-year-old Italy international after the Black Cats significantly increased their offer.

Brendan Rodgers was prepared to give Borini the opportunity to force his way into his plans this summer after he returned to Melwood following a successful season-long loan at Sunderland where he scored 10 goals.

However, the size of the bid –  coupled with the player’s desire to head back to the North East in search of regular football – convinced Liverpool to sell.

The Reds will bank around £12million with a further £2million in add-ons – ensuring they make a profit on the £10million they paid Roma to secure Borini’s services in the summer of 2012.

Borini, who was Rodgers’ first signing, scored just two goals in 20 appearances during an injury-plagued first year at Anfield before he was loaned out.

His exit – following hot on the heels of Luis Suarez’s £75million move to Barcelona and Iago Aspas’ loan switch to Sevilla – leaves Daniel Sturridge and Rickie Lambert as the club’s only frontline strikers.

Rodgers is hoping to rectify that situation with the acquisition of Loic Remy from Queens Park Rangers.

Liverpool are prepared to trigger the £8million release clause in the France international’s contract and are locked in talks with the 27-year-old’s representatives over personal terms.

The Reds believe Remy, who is the club’s number one striking target, represents better value than Swansea City frontman Wilfried Bony, who would command a fee of £19million.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:17 pm

If we can sell him for that price it would be a great piece business. He seems a great lad and I wish him well but to me he just lacks that certain X factor that all the top strikers seem to have.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:23 pm

14m for Borini!

Bite their hands off!!!
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:28 pm

14 million, what the f*ck?! And people laughed at me when I said that we can get 8 million from him :D

Can't believe that we might actually profit from both Assaidi and Borini while we'll also get all our money back from Aspas.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:41 pm

Holy shhit ! 14 mill for Borini is great business. 8 mill for Remy would be a good deal for us too. A bit like the Sturridge signing; could go either way but wont be the player to take us to the next level (the way Suarez/Torres did).
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:07 am

If we get £14m for Borini, even with add ons, and £7m for Assaidi, again with the add on, then Ian Ayre has suddenly grown a bigger ball sack than
Walter White  :blues:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:49 am

£14m!! for Borini? Is this for real?

Damn I was expecting £5m
killerp

Postby laza » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:19 am

If the fee is correct great  move by the club and for the player

All the best Fabio and I hope you keeping knocking in the goals against our main rivals
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 pm

He went with the team to the USA so that's not a really good sign. Gus Poyet said that he's willing to spend big on Borini, so I hope that it's not us that don't want to sell. Since we're signing Remy though, I guess he just went there in order to keep in shape.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:10 pm

damjan193 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:58 pm wrote:He went with the team to the USA so that's not a really good sign. Gus Poyet said that he's willing to spend big on Borini, so I hope that it's not us that don't want to sell. Since we're signing Remy though, I guess he just went there in order to keep in shape.

It said in the Echo the other day that Borini wants to stay and fight for his place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:43 pm

his agent is reportedly spouting the same story. its up to brendan to sit him down and set him straight imo.
it could be that he is biding his time also waiting/hoping someone better comes in for him. problem with that is he might accept a move elsewhere to a club that isnt willing to pay the ridiculous amount sunderland is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:10 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:58 pm wrote:He went with the team to the USA so that's not a really good sign. Gus Poyet said that he's willing to spend big on Borini, so I hope that it's not us that don't want to sell. Since we're signing Remy though, I guess he just went there in order to keep in shape.

It said in the Echo the other day that Borini wants to stay and fight for his place.

Well someone needs to tell him that he ain't wanted here. We'll never get that sort of money for him from anyone, we can't miss this opportunity just because he can't accept his own level.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

damjan193 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:45 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:10 pm wrote:

Well someone needs to tell him that he ain't wanted here. We'll never get that sort of money for him from anyone, we can't miss this opportunity just because he can't accept his own level.

I can't see Brendan showing him the door as bluntly as that mate, this is the third club they've teamed up at so they must be quite pally. I think Borini feels that he hasn't had much of a chance to prove himself, he only played a handful of games in his first season before getting an injury that kept him out for the rest of the campaign and then last year he was loaned out to Sunderland. Not many players get the chance to sign for us twice so I think he's reticent to leave without giving it his best shot. Bit of a blow for us like but he's got a contract so he's entitled to stay.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion