Matteo Darmian

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:33 am

Not a rumour as such, but will be. I'm going to hunt Brendan Rodgers down this week and have a word I think. :D

If he was watching that England game last night the difference in him and Johnson was absolutely incredible.

This lad is 24, plays for Torino and is probably the best full back I've seen since Gianluca Zambrotta. Reminded me so much of him it was frightening. He's everything they made Johnson out to be (but he sadly isn't).

If we want to progress and sign young players, this lad is the sort of player we should be going for. Not only that, he plays in our weakest position. Would be a perfect signing.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:54 am

He looked good mate but Baines had a shocker imo and Rooney didn't give him enough protection first half either. I'd need to see a lot more of him. That made the lad look better than he probably is.

Armero looked class for Colombia too... but when I googled him he's been on loan at west ham and I can't say I've even noticed him!!

Never sign a player on the basis of a good tournament - you'll remember diao and diouf as well as I do!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:08 pm

John, I wasn't impressed with them mate, not even slightly. Also we aren't talking about about two dopes playing for Senegal athletics and ball skills club.

We're talking about an Italian full back who can ghost past players like they aren't there and has pace, intelligence to exploit space and excellent technique. Defensively he didn't look brilliant, but he looked a damn sight better than that useless waste of space we have and he's got it going forward.

There is a difference in judging someone on form and ability, ability makes you a good player and this lad has plenty of it.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Return to The Rumour Mill