Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LFC1990 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:20 pm

Connor Wickham ? No thanks, if we are to be champions then I'm sure we can attract a better calibre then him especially as he is usually kept out of the side by our man Borini

Heard rumours of Schmelzer can't see it happening though

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:00 pm

maguskwt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:59 am wrote:After seeing the goals scored by connar Wickham against city, I think he will be an ideal player to be a backup for sturridge and Suarez next season.despite his size, he seems to be fast and technically sound, and Not one dimensional like Carroll.

Would send him a box of chocolates and add a few bottles of champagne if he manages to score against Chelsea as well  but that's it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:19 pm

only me » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:00 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:59 am wrote:After seeing the goals scored by connar Wickham against city, I think he will be an ideal player to be a backup for sturridge and Suarez next season.despite his size, he seems to be fast and technically sound, and Not one dimensional like Carroll.

Would send him a box of chocolates and add a few bottles of champagne if he manages to score against Chelsea as well  but that's it.

I agree I wouldn't buy a player based on one good shot, also Hart shouldn't have got beat at his near post
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:06 pm

might be wrong but did wickham not turn us down to go to sunderland in the 1st place ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:44 pm

LFC1990 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:20 pm wrote:Connor Wickham ? No thanks, if we are to be champions then I'm sure we can attract a better calibre then him especially as he is usually kept out of the side by our man Borini

Heard rumours of Schmelzer can't see it happening though

I don't think he was kept out, he was on loan and only came back recently...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:45 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:06 pm wrote:might be wrong but did wickham not turn us down to go to sunderland in the 1st place ?

I think that was Adam Johnson...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:48 pm

Tallboy the devil, wickham equalised!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:27 pm

maguskwt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:45 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:06 pm wrote:might be wrong but did wickham not turn us down to go to sunderland in the 1st place ?

I think that was Adam Johnson...

Wickham did the same as well. We were close to signing him a few years ago and so were Spurs but he chose to go to Sunderland for more game time. I'm not too sure, but I think that his contract says that if Sunderland are to sell him, they must offer him to us and Spurs first.

Anyway, he's an OK player who's in a good form but no where near good enough for a top team. Like only me said, he will have our thanks but that's it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:53 pm

Eagle

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:34 am

Liverpool look set to win the race to snap up top Italian kid Christian Capone from Atalanta.

Brendan Rodgers’ talent spotters have homed in on the creative midfield sensation, and their hopes have been raised after the youngster indicated that he was keen to come to England.

Mid-table Serie A outfit Atalanta are resigned to losing the teen prodigy, and a host of top Italian clubs have expressed an interest in signing Capone.

However, Kop spies believe they beaten off the competition from Italy and it is understood the 15-year-old is expected to pick the Reds as his next club.

Liverpool plan to tie up a deal in the summer but will then have to bide their time for several months as under current regulations, they are not able to bring in Capone until he turns 16 at the end of April 2015.

However, compensation will be minimal and if the deal is finalised, the Anfield club will be delighted to have pulled off what they will see as a major coup.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:35 am

Liverpool are hopeful of securing a deal to sign long term target Cristian Tello but must first hope that Barcelona manager to have their FIFA transfer ban overturned.

Brendan Rodgers will look to bring in the 22 year old attacker with Barcelona ready to accept offers of around £12m according to the Daily Mirror.

The Anfield boss is looking to bring in supporting options to boost his attack and Tello may well be the ideal man for the job. The youngster has impressed when called upon by the Nou Camp side but his first team chances at Barcelona are greatly limited.

Tello has managed just two La Liga starts this term with the arrival last summer of Neymar and the excellent form shown by Chilean Alexis Sanchez have restricted the adaptable forward’s chances to impress under boss Gerardo Martino and a move to Liverpool may well tempt the Spanish international.

Rodgers is looking to bring in a wide attacker with loaned in Chelsea man Victor Moses likely to be heading back to Stamford Bridge after a poor campaign and a move for Tello could well lead to the exits of Iago Aspas and Fabio Borini.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:39 am

Moses, Cissokho, Coates, Aspas, Ngoo, Reina and Assaidi should be sold.
Bring back Joao Carlos, Suso, Borini and Ilori. They would be useful for cup games.

Buy a striker/winger, a central midfielder and a fullback. My top 5 options for the positions mentioned are listed below.

Strikers/Wingers
- Christian Tello, Marco Reus, Nathan Redmond, Jackson Martinez and Gerard Deulofeu.

Fullbacks
- Bacary Sagna, Fabio Coentrao, Ben Davies, Ricardo Rodriguez and Luke Shaw.

Midfielders
- Christian Eriksen, Mateo Kovacic, Julian Draxler, Ross Barkley and Will Hughes.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:28 am

I don't rate that Tello at all, He looks lightweight even in Spain and don't forget Aspas was supposed to be their version of Vinny Jones. I don't know why we are trying to sign him when we have better prospects like Ibe coming through the ranks.
Hopefully it's all just paper talk.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Seamus Coleman looked good yesterday against the mancs, mind you everyone looks good against them these days
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Boocity » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:37 am wrote:Seamus Coleman looked good yesterday against the mancs, mind you everyone looks good against them these days

Coleman looks a tremendous player but we've got no chance of signing any Everton players.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill