LUCAS LEIVA - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu the Red » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:00 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:48 pm wrote:
That's the managers headache ,I would personally drop Coutz and move Gerrard up to link play up ,and then we can have Lucas in the holding role ,a role in a
purely defensive capacity he is arguably better equipped for ......Truth is mate, our game against United has to mirror the work rate of our performance against Spudz and not even resemble the generosity we afforded Swansea and Southampton.

Just when you think you've heard everything someone then suggests you drop your second best player away in one of the most important games of your season.

Not only that... but drop him for a dog average, bog standard midfielder.

WOW! :no
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:23 am

Stu the Red » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:00 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:48 pm wrote:
That's the managers headache ,I would personally drop Coutz and move Gerrard up to link play up ,and then we can have Lucas in the holding role ,a role in a
purely defensive capacity he is arguably better equipped for ......Truth is mate, our game against United has to mirror the work rate of our performance against Spudz and not even resemble the generosity we afforded Swansea and Southampton.

Just when you think you've heard everything someone then suggests you drop your second best player away in one of the most important games of your season.

Not only that... but drop him for a dog average, bog standard midfielder.

WOW! :no

Its hardly controversial though is it ,Coutz has clearly look jaded of late ,and its certainly not just me who has advocated dropping him to the subs bench
for the Mancs ....Don't worry Stu I've kept Gerrard in the team even though he offers fuck all in a defensive sense and moved him up behind the
strikers..... he should be on sufficiently long enough to get your wood out  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:00 pm

One is less than complimentary about our captain and the other has no time for Lucas !! Both players have been heavily involved this season and we are second in the league. They deserve a lot more respect.  Does the criticism have to be quite so harsh? Buying a ticket to go to the game doesn't give anybody licence to abuse players. Just a thought  :help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:57 pm

went into the pitch today, committed two fouls at the same time in a dangerous position

gotta love Lucas  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:15 pm

Played out of position ,but nevertheless, needlessly gave away niggling little fouls all game  ,and missed an absolute sitter.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:36 pm

maybe the lack of game time lately has contributed but today he was awful.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:13 am

https://vine.co/v/M13ddD9Pntr

Look at Gerrard in the background. Sums up Lucas' performance today really. Although I've been encouraging positive thinking in the match thread, we can't have performances like this against Chelsea and Palace. Hopefully, Strurridge will be back by then.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:28 am

damjan193 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:13 am wrote:https://vine.co/v/M13ddD9Pntr

Look at Gerrard in the background. Sums up Lucas' performance today really. Although I've been encouraging positive thinking in the match thread, we can't have performances like this against Chelsea and Palace. Hopefully, Strurridge will be back by then.

but itsnt lucas ability to give away dangerous free kicks evident since day one he played for us?
i believe he is going to have a huge game with his ball winning abilities against chel if he plays.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:49 am

Just wondering, would you guys prefer having Sahin or Lucas? Sahin has the better ability but for some reason never really showed it. If Gerrard had been playing a deeper role all along this and last season, Sahin may still be our player perhaps? He prefers playing further up after all. This thought just crossed my mind after Lucas missed a great chance towards the end last night as Sahin would never have missed that. And I was pretty surprised that it was Allen, not him, that got taken off for Agger.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:36 am

No question Lucas is better than Jordan

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sVL-88_VVfs
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 am

His usual self... another nothing performance.

No coincidence he comes back into the side and we look as bad as we have for a while and the midfield becomes extremely weak!
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:33 am

If we have to play him he shouldnt be allowed in our half.
Woeful tackling that will cost us dear one day
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:43 pm

I think the amount of time he's been on the sidelines watching on has possibly had a detrimental effect on his
game ,and lets not forget that we have been conceding goals less than frugally way before Lucas returned to
the side ..... Although its nice to have such an obvious scapegoat again ,even though it took Gerrard a few
woeful performances to adapt to a new position.... Give Lucas time to alter his mindset to accommodate the
new role he undertook yesterday,and I bet you he's one our best players against Chelsea....Just saying like.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:53 pm

for me Lucas has regressed badly since his injury back in 2012, which is understandable in a way, because it was an awful injury. However....he's no more than a squad player now and I think BR rates Allen higher than Lucas. I don't expect to see him sold, but would be surprised if he's anything more than a bit part player from now on.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:25 pm

I have always defended Lucas so he's not my scapegoat, but yesterday he was terrible. Many factors contributed to that (playing out of position, being sidelined for so long etc.), but at this stage in the season, those performances are unacceptable. Although I was against the negativity in the match thread, a midfield with a slow Gerrard, a rusty and a slow Lucas and a physically weak Allen won't work against Chelsea. I have nothing against Lucas being given a chance to fight for his place, but he'll have to wait for that until next season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion