Norwich vs LIVERPOOL - Sun 20th April - KO : 12.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:26 pm

stmichael » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 pm wrote:You'd think we'd lost by some of the sh#te I've read in here. All that matters at this stage is winning. It doesn't matter how you do it.

1 down, 3 to go.

And you'd think we'd already won the title given some of the other reactions, this is nowhere near over lad, nowhere near it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm wrote:
stmichael » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:08 pm wrote:You'd think we'd lost by some of the sh#te I've read in here. All that matters at this stage is winning. It doesn't matter how you do it.

1 down, 3 to go.

And you'd think we'd already won the title given some of the other reactions, this is nowhere near over lad, nowhere near it.

Was the game against Fulham the same as the game against Spurs, No. Was the game against Sunderland the same as the game against Arsenal, No. Take each game at a time and we will play to win that game.

Norwich are not a bad team, just don't score enough and their home record isn't that bad. I always felt that if needed we could up it a gear and get another goal
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:58 pm

Suarez ,Lucas and Coutinho and co leaving Carrow Rd with all three points.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Penguins » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:02 pm wrote:
andy_g » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:01 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:56 pm wrote:We are not 5 points clear with 3 to play  :suspect:

oh yes we are

:D

If City wins their 2 games in hand they get 76 so, technically no :)

That's a big if, rather have the points on the board and City have to go to Palace next week and as some on here keep telling us we should be quaking in boots about facing them but of course City will just swat them aside, wont they. :p
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Boocity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:45 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm wrote:

1 down, 3 to go.

Was the game against Fulham the same as the game against Spurs, No. Was the game against Sunderland the same as the game against Arsenal, No. Take each game at a time and we will play to win that game.

Norwich are not a bad team, just don't score enough and their home record isn't that bad. I always felt that if needed we could up it a gear and get another goal

Yes every game is different but we know our defence is far from watertight and when you have a midfield that invites pressure onto our back 4 then we are asking for trouble.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Granted but our defence is what it is this season and has been like this all year, I doubt Lucas will play next week if Sturridge is back
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Not pretty. A win is a win. 38 points out of 42 is fantastic however it is done.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:55 pm

only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:41 pm wrote:And BTW we officially assured CL football next season!! Well done lads!!

Not just qualified but we are straight through to the group stage...proud & happy  :eyebrow
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:13 pm

IF we win against Chelski then I'll start believing it's actually happening.
Still 9 pts to fight for.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:24 pm

was a bag of nerves watching that and it was all of our own doing  :nod
yeah sure its all about the 3 points but the league is far from in the bag. we had a good chance to close the GD on city today and after 10 minutes it looked as if we would. lose one of our last 3 and that could bite the ar$e off us.
home advantage next week so hopefully that will enable us to raise our game.
all in all we did what we needed to do and its wonderful to see us on 80 points  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:06 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:25 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:43 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:26 pm wrote:Can't understand the negativity. I know that most of you are reluctant to admit it in fear that you might jinx it, so you criticize the team instead (illogical to me), but we are the favorites to win it this season. Sure, we might look like we struggle in almost every game we play, but we are still the best team in the league. And it's a tough league we're playing in. Didn't you all see Chelsea and Man City dropping points against Sunderland the other day, the last placed team in the league? Were they better than we were today (note, they lost, we won)? I'm as frightened as any of you, but this negativity is ridiculous. The boys deserve praise for what they have achieved, at least from their own fans.

I'm just concerned how our midfield can be outplayed for 80 minutes by a team floating above the relegation zone, especially when we had practically every CM at the club bar Hendo out on the park.
Yes Chelsea lost but it was a smash and grab by Sunderland, Chelsea had 70% possession and had 35 efforts on goal.
Our midfield will seriously have to up their game for our next 2 matches that's for sure, 2 performances like that and we'll lose both games IMO.

How long have you been watching the PL and you still underestimate the potential of a team fighting for their lives.

Combine this with a team that is fighting for it's first ever PL title, you have a perfect storm.

The important thing is we came through it fighting and won.

I actually can't abuse you too much for wanting to write us off, because each time it happens and the club win - they're the one putting the two fingers up to the doubters not me.

I see where YC is coming from here. Normally it grates me when people give off after a win but our midfield really got outplayed today. I thought Henderson was a massive loss today, we were much slower to regain possession than usual (one of our trademarks). They had a lot of time on the ball unopposed and when we challenged we rarely won the ball back. Lucas stood out for me for the wrong reasons, he was in a central lynch-pin position and he simply didn't go looking for the ball which meant the other players were having to play it out to the sides, rather than through the middle. Our general fluidity was reduced as well, it's not surprising, Hendo has been an ever-present all season, Gerrard, Coutinho, Suarez don't even have to think about where he is or what pass he's going to play they know it.

Hopefully Brendan will have a solution - he has had all season, I thought we we're more stable at the end with Moses and Agger plugging gaps.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:40 am

I expected losing Henderson to cause us problems and to be honest I can't see a quick fix for the next two games. Allen and Lucas earlier in the season, whilst hard working, were two of our less effective players. Allen has improved considerably since then and he has gained a lot of confidence. Lucas, the poor lad has had a rough time with injuries. I don't think he has ever been quite the same since he did his cruciate. Yesterday he struggled and it will worry me if we put out the same team against Chelsea. The problem is I don't know what else we can do. Could Agger play left back? Could Flanaghan play the Lucas role? Is there a place for Alberto? I just hope Danny is fit for the Chelsea game because that will make the decisions a lot easier. The one thing we cannot do at all costs is let those classless fkrs take all three points. I wouldn't be that happy with the draw but I would take it if we are struggling !! Hopefully our amazing twelfth man will give us the vital edge.

One thing is certain however. We cannot enter the CL next season with the bench we started with yesterday. This will be our transfer committees most important window for many a year. I'm not suggesting we go out and buy half a dozen players and spend £150m because we all know that probably won't happen. What does need to happen is that the players that we bring in can quickly adapt and make a serious contribution. We've got some decent lads out on loan and coming through the system but I don't feel that will be sufficient to face next seasons demands. We don't want to be a one season wonder if we do eventually win the league and it is still quite a big if regardless of what the bookies may think. Those guys were offering 18/1 for Sunderland to beat Chelsea !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:21 am

devaney » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:40 am wrote:I expected losing Henderson to cause us problems and to be honest I can't see a quick fix for the next two games. Allen and Lucas earlier in the season, whilst hard working, were two of our less effective players. Allen has improved considerably since then and he has gained a lot of confidence. Lucas, the poor lad has had a rough time with injuries. I don't think he has ever been quite the same since he did his cruciate. Yesterday he struggled and it will worry me if we put out the same team against Chelsea. The problem is I don't know what else we can do. Could Agger play left back? Could Flanaghan play the Lucas role? Is there a place for Alberto? I just hope Danny is fit for the Chelsea game because that will make the decisions a lot easier. The one thing we cannot do at all costs is let those classless fkrs take all three points. I wouldn't be that happy with the draw but I would take it if we are struggling !! Hopefully our amazing twelfth man will give us the vital edge.

One thing is certain however. We cannot enter the CL next season with the bench we started with yesterday. This will be our transfer committees most important window for many a year. I'm not suggesting we go out and buy half a dozen players and spend £150m because we all know that probably won't happen. What does need to happen is that the players that we bring in can quickly adapt and make a serious contribution. We've got some decent lads out on loan and coming through the system but I don't feel that will be sufficient to face next seasons demands. We don't want to be a one season wonder if we do eventually win the league and it is still quite a big if regardless of what the bookies may think. Those guys were offering 18/1 for Sunderland to beat Chelsea !!

Yup, Agree totally.
Our bench looked very threadbare yesterday but I don't think we've helped ourselves on that score by loaning out so many of our players, at the hour mark yesterday Lucas looked shattered but we didn't have another CM to throw on.
We could have even done with someone like Connor Coady yesterday, I know he's not the most naturally gifted footballer but in a game like that where we were crying out for legs in midfield maybe he could have come on and done a job a la Jay Spearing against Madrid.
Infact hasn't Ilorri played a bit as a DM? That lad looks like a Rolls Royce of a footballer, he's very comfortable on the ball, tall, athletic and very quick, he would have come in very handy yesterday when our midfield was getting out worked and over run.
Plus I'd much rather see Ibe come on than Moses, Ibe is even quicker than Sterling and in the last 20 minutes when we are looking to hit teams on the break his power and pace would come in very handy as well.
Half of our bench is made up of players that Brendan wouldn't even throw on except in an emergency which is a ridiculous situation for a team challenging for the title to find itself in.
I'm dreading next week as well, if we sit back and invite the likes of Hazard, Willian, Oscar, Salah etc onto us like we did Norwich's midfield then Chelsea are going to blow this title race wide open and with no Hendo for the trip to Palace we could do a Devon Loch here . But with the personel we have available I'm not sure that Rodgers can do anything different.
Is our lack of squad depth going to cost us right at the finishing line?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 am

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby eds » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 am

You know what's more embarrassing Woof?

Let's play the Snodgrass' tackle in slow mo over and over again.

Could have ended Allen's season and typically the media are only worried about this Suarez 'non-story' once again.......

:no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games