MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:41 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:29 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:50 pm wrote:I thought Sakho and Skrtel had decent games myself, considering the midfield went AWOL again (similar to the second half last week) and invited tons of pressure on our back 4 I thought they coped pretty well.
Neither could be blamed for any the goals, Skrtel clearly got a shout from Mingolet for the first and for the second goal if anyone was at fault it was Flanno for not at least jumping and making it hard for the striker.
I think we are deffo missing a vocal Carragher type presence at the back, Carragher would be screaming at our midfielders to 'get out' and to engage the opposition at the halfway line and not at the edge of our box. Not sure if Skrtel or Sakho have the balls to start ordering Gerrard around though. Carragher would have been physically grabbing our CM's today and shoving them out of our box and we miss that in these games

Sakho was awful mate ,he once again upended an opposing player in a dangerous position and his indecision on the ball
seen him robbed of the ball more than once ....However I concur with your opinion on Skrtel having a decent game ,but
as regards Sakho I really don't know how you could arrive at the conclusion he was anything more than an accident waiting
to happen in our back four.....Agger's reintegration into our back line cant come soon enough for me.

I cant say Agger was filling me full of confidence in the last few of games he played
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Boocity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:41 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:50 pm wrote:I thought Sakho and Skrtel had decent games myself, considering the midfield went AWOL again (similar to the second half last week) and invited tons of pressure on our back 4 I thought they coped pretty well.
Neither could be blamed for any the goals, Skrtel clearly got a shout from Mingolet for the first and for the second goal if anyone was at fault it was Flanno for not at least jumping and making it hard for the striker.
I think we are deffo missing a vocal Carragher type presence at the back, Carragher would be screaming at our midfielders to 'get out' and to engage the opposition at the halfway line and not at the edge of our box. Not sure if Skrtel or Sakho have the balls to start ordering Gerrard around though. Carragher would have been physically grabbing our CM's today and shoving them out of our box and we miss that in these games

Sakho was awful mate ,he once again upended an opposing player in a dangerous position and his indecision on the ball
seen him robbed of the ball more than once ....However I concur with your opinion on Skrtel having a decent game ,but
as regards Sakho I really don't know how you could arrive at the conclusion he was anything more than an accident waiting
to happen in our back four.....Agger's reintegration into our back line cant come soon enough for me.

I cant say Agger was filling me full of confidence in the last few of games he played

I know mate ,but I didn't need to be resuscitated  every time Agger ventured out of our defence.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:55 pm

By the way here are his stats

Effective Clearance    Effective Head Clearance       Aerial Won     Interception Won      Mins

11                                   7                                   3                       2                      90

Total Pass            Accurate Pass             Dispossessed             Error Lead To Shot            Lead To Goal                  Mins

55                            52                             1                                   0                                    0                            90
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Boocity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:55 pm wrote:By the way here are his stats

Effective Clearance    Effective Head Clearance       Aerial Won     Interception Won      Mins

11                                   7                                   3                       2                      90

Total Pass            Accurate Pass             Dispossessed             Error Lead To Shot            Lead To Goal                  Mins

55                            52                             1                                   0                                    0                            90

So what percentage of aerial challenges did he lose ? Also 2 interceptions in 90 minutes ,I stand in awe of his undoubted prowess  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:04 pm

??? Sorry Mate you seem to be biased as clearly Sakho had a solid game to say the least ,he is secure on the ball and in total control his pass forward are accurate and impact-full.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Sakho had a good game, one of the 2 times he was caught in possession he was given a 'hospital' pass by Flanno who sent him the ball and 2 Norwich forwards along with it.
Granted he should have just hoofed it into row Z instead of trying to be Diego Maradona but he only had a fraction of a second to think.
When they had a spate of corners and crosses I was certainly glad we had the big fella in there, not sure if a paring of Skrtel and Agger would have coped under that Ariel bombardment.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:02 pm

What are you guys smoking ? He had a decent game.

I think he'll become one of the best CBs in the league once hes settled and we're already seeing what his game is all about. Great signing.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:06 pm wrote:Sakho had a good game, one of the 2 times he was caught in possession he was given a 'hospital' pass by Flanno who sent him the ball and 2 Norwich forwards along with it.
Granted he should have just hoofed it into row Z instead of trying to be Diego Maradona but he only had a fraction of a second to think.
When they had a spate of corners and crosses I was certainly glad we had the big fella in there, not sure if a paring of Skrtel and Agger would have coped under that Ariel bombardment.

I disagree implicitly ,Sakho was dire and nothing anyone can say will detract me from my observations, as for winning aerial duels ,correct me if I'm
wrong ,but a result of him being out jumped led in effect to a Norwich player scoring ,yes ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:31 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:15 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:06 pm wrote:Sakho had a good game, one of the 2 times he was caught in possession he was given a 'hospital' pass by Flanno who sent him the ball and 2 Norwich forwards along with it.

I disagree implicitly ,Sakho was dire and nothing anyone can say will detract me from my observations, as for winning aerial duels ,correct me if I'm
wrong ,but a result of him being out jumped led in effect to a Norwich player scoring ,yes ?

Which goal?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:44 pm

To conclude, I feel I must state that I think Sakho is a good defender and a lot of my posts in this very thread will testify to this ,but today he was less than comfortable
and had in comparison to his last game he had a shocker.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:54 am

:laugh:
Agger has a bad game we say bring back Sakho, Sakho has a bad game we say bring back Agger. Skrtel has a bad game and we say bring back Toure :D. Although Sakho had an average game (he wasn't poor though), some of the comments here are ridiculous. Resembling Jimmy Traore? Sakho is probably our best defender! Just a few days people were saying that we should build our defense around him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:05 am

he avg one mistake/game.
that's his style.
but he is young he can learn
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:22 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:31 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:15 pm wrote:

Which goal?

YAKKA, I'm sure he meant to post this in the Flanagan thread.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:26 am

damjan193 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:54 am wrote::laugh:
Agger has a bad game we say bring back Sakho, Sakho has a bad game we say bring back Agger. Skrtel has a bad game and we say bring back Toure :D. Although Sakho had an average game (he wasn't poor though), some of the comments here are ridiculous. Resembling Jimmy Traore? Sakho is probably our best defender! Just a few days people were saying that we should build our defense around him.

Exactly. Him and Srktel were really good yesterday. It doesn't help at all when you have Glen Johnson playing total ***** and Mignolet being so nervous on the ball.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Basil » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:24 am

I really can't believe how peoples opinion on Sakho is so divided, I even have the same discussions with my son. He says the same as a lot of you on here, "he's a beast" and "you should see the stats", I just look at how uncomfortable he is on the ball and cringe every time he has posession as he's so uncomfortable on the ball. I'll admit that he knows his limitations and plays to them so most of the time he does okay but he'll never be as class on the ball as Daniel Agger - and he's not as big !
Basil

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion