SIMON MIGNOLET- Official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:19 pm wrote:Must admit my heart was in my mouth anytime the ball went near him today, wether it was a cross, shot or even a back pass it didn't seem to matter as my blood pressure just went through the roof any time he was on the telly screen. Someone is going to close him down and rob the ball of him one of these days the way he dawdles on it.
He didn't have any chance with their second but that first was awful keeping.

agree with everything you say...but his save from van wolfswinkel's header made amends. Great save
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:26 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:20 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:19 pm wrote:Must admit my heart was in my mouth anytime the ball went near him today, wether it was a cross, shot or even a back pass it didn't seem to matter as my blood pressure just went through the roof any time he was on the telly screen. Someone is going to close him down and rob the ball of him one of these days the way he dawdles on it.

agree with everything you say...but his save from van wolfswinkel's header made amends. Great save

I think it's BR direction ,i can't believe he would act like this on his own ,pass the ball at all cost and yes with some risk.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:32 pm

only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:26 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:20 pm wrote:

I think it's BR direction ,i can't believe he would act like this on his own ,pass the ball at all cost and yes with some risk.

He's spent most of his career at Sunderland under no nonsense managers like Steve Bruce and Martin O Neill, he's obviously not used to knocking it around at the back and quite frankly it shows.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:39 pm

[/quote]He's spent most of his career at Sunderland under no nonsense managers like Steve Bruce and Martin O Neill, he's obviously not used to knocking it around at the back and quite frankly it shows.[/quote]

I think any Liverpool keeper would have problem against high pressing teams ,it's not his fault so many balls are returned to him by our CB's and FB's....I think he takes some unnecessary risks but this issue will remain till we get maybe another quality defensive MF which can take the pressure off...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:10 pm

For all his faults he's still had a better season than Reina did last year.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:18 pm

He has had his positive moments, but also makes a hash of things far too often, if we are to be Champions and competing for top honors next season we need to replace him as our number 1

David Marshall @ Cardiff is excellent, plus also Ben Foster - however i doubt many here would accept Foster as he used to play for the scum, although i see past that and see a very reliable english keeper
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:19 pm

stmichael » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:10 pm wrote:For all his faults he's still had a better season than Reina did last year.

True, Reina was as bad as Mingolet at coming out for crosses, even when he was in top form early in his career here that was always his Achilles heel.
Did anyone else notice Skrtel flip when their first goal went in? it looked to me like he was about to jump for the ball but he suddenly stooped down as if he'd had a shout from Mingolet, when Skrtel turned around the ball was in the net.
I think Skrtel's reaction was a case of saying FFS I had that covered.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:20 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:18 pm wrote:He has had his positive moments, but also makes a hash of things far too often, if we are to be Champions and competing for top honors next season we need to replace him as our number 1

David Marshall @ Cardiff is excellent, plus also Ben Foster - however i doubt many here would accept Foster as he used to play for the scum, although i see past that and see a very reliable english keeper

If you're ruling out Mignolet, then you must pitch higher than Marshall or Foster.

Champions sign proven CL players.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:19 pm wrote:
stmichael » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:10 pm wrote:For all his faults he's still had a better season than Reina did last year.

True, Reina was as bad as Mingolet at coming out for crosses, even when he was in top form early in his career here that was always his Achilles heel.
Did anyone else notice Skrtel flip when their first goal went in? it looked to me like he was about to jump for the ball but he suddenly stooped down as if he'd had a shout from Mingolet, when Skrtel turned around the ball was in the net.

He bottled it, he saw the Norwich player coming in and took his eye off the ball and missed the punch, I can understand Skrtel being p!ssed off, he goes in fully committed and expects the same from his team mates
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:37 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:18 pm wrote:He has had his positive moments, but also makes a hash of things far too often, if we are to be Champions and competing for top honors next season we need to replace him as our number 1

If you're ruling out Mignolet, then you must pitch higher than Marshall or Foster.

Who are you thinking? Someone like Iker Casillas ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:19 pm wrote:

there was a shout. you could hear 'keeeepperrrrr!' as plain as day even on my crappy stream. 'oh good' i thought, 'mignolet is being assertive'. but then.....

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:13 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:37 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 pm wrote:

Who are you thinking? Someone like Iker Casillas ?

Begovic
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:16 pm

He's a good shootstopper, not that good on much else.
You take the good with the bad I guess.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:34 pm

he made a balls of that cross that he didnt really need to come for. skrtel has every right to be livid with him when he clearly called for it. had he of stayed on his line it would have taken one hell of a header to beat him.
he did make a couple of good stops but seriously could have done without the clanger.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:13 am

Are you taking the *****? Mignolet is absolutely awful, Reina was ten times the keeper he is. In all the years Reina kept goal for us i never saw him make as many mistakes as Mignolet has this season. He cant command his box, cant catch, does camera saves and has the worst distribution i have ever seen from a Liverpool keeper. Id at least 10 other premiership keepers ahead of him, he needs the boot asap
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion