ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:20 pm

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Struggling to understand City's and Chelsea's odds. Why are City second favourites? Chelsea look like they have a much easier run in except for coming to Anfield. The bookies seem to be basing the odds on the assumption that we will do Chelsea. Just hope they are right  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:33 am

What a win yesterday.... heart stopping, nerve wracking stuff.
Had a bit too much to drink last night in celebration and decided to take the day off today as I really need to recover!

:D

This morning when I woke up and started trawling through the various posts, I was a little surprised at some of the negative, albeit constructive in intent, criticisms that seems to be going around.

I am going to throw in my 2p's worth and it has ef'all to do with the technicalities and tactical aspects of the game. So bear with me if you will.

It has been years since this has happenned and we are on the cusp. No amount of constructive deconstruction of how we perform and what we should do next and what we should have done and what may happen ifs etc etc..... is going to help the team and certainly not supporters. We do not need this bubble of euphoria burst. There are only 4 games left and it is all in our own hands. Plenty of time to do in depth footy analysis once the season is over.

If we do win it all, it will not be because we have the best squad or the best tactics or even the best players. We are on a roll with confidence and belief permeating the through the club and players. Momentum and (it seems to me) even destiny appears to be on our side. We need to just ride it and go with the flow and not let these overanalyses affect the way we play and our confidence. Do what we have been doing and let the cards fall as they will... We can say we did it our way and be damned with everything else. We gave it our best shot and not let how others play, affect us. The best Liverpool squads I've ever watched had this one quality. As good as we were personnel wise and tactically, we hardly ever worried about the other side. We played our way and let them worry about how they would neutralize or beat us. For me this is the mark of a truly great team. Looking at facts and in the cold light of day, none of us are truly so rose tinted that we can say that we are a great team or even the best team in the premiership on pure ability this year. But so what?

What is needed is the BELIEF that we are a great team. That teamwork and belief may very well carry us over the line in 2014. So enjoy the ride lads..... Nobody expected this from us and it has been years since we've had the opportunity to feel this thrill and joy so late into the season. It is in our hands and I say let us live or die by the sword WE wield and the techniques WE employ. To hell with everything else.

So quit harping on the negatives and over analyzing everything.... no matter if these are facts or not.... Now is not the time. At this moment in time, I don't care what weaknesses there are with ANY member of the team. Be proud of this team. EVERY member of this team. They have earned it along with our respect.

Enjoy the ride lads.... enjoy the ride.... Long may it continue.
YNWA
ConnO'var

Postby kazza » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:33 am

devaney » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:39 pm wrote:Struggling to understand City's and Chelsea's odds. Why are City second favourites? Chelsea look like they have a much easier run in except for coming to Anfield. The bookies seem to be basing the odds on the assumption that we will do Chelsea. Just hope they are right  :laugh:

Chelsea have not been that good away from home and I think they only have one home match left
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Focus » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:42 am

How many of us at the beginning of the season would thought we would be title contenders at this stage? I think not many. All of us would have been happy with a 4th place finish. Now even if we finish 4th, it will be a disappointment due to the fact that Brendan and the team have overachieved and the title is now for us to lose. In terms of squad strength, City and Chelsea have much deeper squads than us. Our first choice 11 are at least just as good as any title contenders but our squad is shallow. A few injuries to the first team players, we have all the mediocre players and inexperienced teenagers as replacements. Just think, if Suarez and Sturridge are both out injured, who do we have to replace them? Scary thought.

As a fan, I want us to win our 19th title to end this long 24 year drought, but for a neutral to finish 3rd behind chelsea and city due to the fact they have better players and much better financed by their owners, would be a fair outcome considering we were 7th last term. But like any Reds fans, I want us to win it as it is within our grasp this season though we have surprised many including myself up to this point.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:45 pm

f**king hell lads, winning the league just got a tad closer with the chavs losing to Sunderland  :bowdown

I hope the lads are ready to smash Norwich tomorrow...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:01 pm

It's not won yet guys and girls so I don't know why folks are celebrating now. I think Palace are safe now so hopefully they will take a breather against us. Think they have won 5 on the trot? Tomorrow is a must win. At least then we can afford to draw with Chelsea and still win.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:03 pm

Borini stuffs Bourinho !! I just hope Athletico give them a fkg good kicking. They behave like a bunch of spoilt brats !! Plastic shower of shite !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:09 pm

tubby » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:01 pm wrote:It's not won yet guys and girls so I don't know why folks are celebrating now. I think Palace are safe now so hopefully they will take a breather against us. Think they have won 5 on the trot? Tomorrow is a must win. At least then we can afford to draw with Chelsea and still win.

I hear what you're saying mate...but things are going our way and everyone is now starting to dream. Still 4 games to go and ANYTHING can happen, as we've seen today. But a win tomorrow will put us in a commanding position.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:14 pm

devaney » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:03 pm wrote:Borini stuffs Bourinho !! I just hope Athletico give them a fkg good kicking. They behave like a bunch of spoilt brats !! Plastic shower of shite !!

the biggest piece of plastic is mourinho  :nod  what a whinger and he's a complete embarrassment. hope the fa have him in the stands for the best part of next season
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:58 pm

job done...3 cup finals to go and we're 5 points clear. :buttrock  :buttrock
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Someone has really found a lamp!

damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 am

well, we'll see how palace are going to see these last few games out when they play City this weekend.

As for us...  just keep winning and we win it, drop 2 points and we probably still win it, lose a game and it's twitchy bum time.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:31 am

Whatever Palace does to City would be a bonus but would be redundant if we don't capitalize on it. We have to beat Chelsea no matter what. At least ensure they are mathematically out of the title race, then we'll only have to worry about City.

On another note, Yaya is back, but Silva and Navas are out for City.
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion