Norwich vs LIVERPOOL - Sun 20th April - KO : 12.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:43 am

Not taking any chances of someone jumping in with a match thread so I've done this one nice and early.

With confidence high and sitting pretty on our perch again, we travel to a Norwich team taht have just had a change of gaffa and are absolutely sh!t scared of Luis Suarez.
Should be a straight forward win here but lets not get too confident. No slip ups required please lads.

Norwich 0 - 3 LFC (Suarez 2, sturridge)

I'd line us up like this...

Mignolet  (in nets)

Suarez (up front)

All my own work...

leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:04 am

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

:bowdown

Taking nothing for granted but I'm pretty sure Luis will enjoy playing against his favourite team and hopefully Sturridge will get some of his sharpness back.

4-1 to the Redmen   :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:14 am

1 of 4 cup finals...Norwich are fighting for their lives and will be well up for this. Lets not give them a chance and steamroller them from the kick off.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tibbers » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:45 am

Four more fixtures until the most awaited title glory! The remaining fixtures are nerve-racking, i cant describe what I am feeling today with mixed emotions of fear, excitement, joy. I can't even describe the Gerrard's emotional scene at Anfield after that glorious win against City.

I hope this is the year all Liverpool fans are dreaming off, Brendan Rodgers did really well. Kudos and hopefully, the last fixtures will serve as a boost and inspiration for the players.  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
Tibbers
LFC Basic Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:03 pm

and don't forget, both Chelsea and Man City could drop further points to in the next 2 games...   hold on tight
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:19 pm

What's the latest on Sturridge's injury? I wouldn't play him unless he's 100% fit.

If he's not fit I think we're looking at a Lucas, Allen, Gerrard midfield three with Coutinho moved forward into the front three.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Suarez has a great record against them. Hopefully that will continue! I would rest Sturridge for the Chelsea game if he isn't fit.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 pm

stmichael » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:19 am wrote:What's the latest on Sturridge's injury? I wouldn't play him unless he's 100% fit.

If he's not fit I think we're looking at a Lucas, Allen, Gerrard midfield three with Coutinho moved forward into the front three.

Which wouldn't be too bad actually. It puts more emphasis on Luis, which I think he'll enjoy and rise to the occasion.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:48 pm

stmichael » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:19 pm wrote:What's the latest on Sturridge's injury? I wouldn't play him unless he's 100% fit.

physioroom has him listed as having a hamstring injury with no return date. doubt he will make it for sunday but hopefully he will be chomping at the bit to face the chavs.
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:08 pm

Not sure If I can physically &'mentally survive 4 more games like city.

1-3 win after an ehuastinginly desperate encounter.
killerp

Postby Santa » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:26 am

What??!!?? No hattrick for Luis? Not taking things for granted but we need to take games like this seriously and try to get the job done by half-time
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 am

I remember us beating crystal palace home and away one season including a 9-0 hammering at Anfield but later on in the season they beat us 4-3 in the FA cup semi final, we were the league champions elect and huge, huge odds on favourites with the bookies but on the day they beat us, what was worse was that Palace went on to lose to United in the final and that was the trophy that saved Fergusons job, we'd beaten United at Old Trafford that season so if we had got through instead of Palace history could have been so much different.
The moral of that story is no matter how convincingly you have beaten sides in the past never take them for granted, Liverpool fans were already planning their trips to Wembley before that Semi at Villa Park because no one in the country could envisage the likes of Barnes, Beardsley, McMahon, Houghton, Hansen etc losing to a side they'd wiped the floor with twice that season.
Norwich will be tough to beat, all this talk of Luis Suarez hat tricks reminds me of the lead up to that Palace game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Sturridge uncle reportedly said Daniel is out for Norwich borderline for Chelsea....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Tough match. 2-3 to Liverpool. Henderson and Sturridge would be missed. Allen and Aspas to step in perhaps?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby only me » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:08 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:48 pm wrote:Tough match. 2-3 to Liverpool. Henderson and Sturridge would be missed. Allen and Aspas to step in perhaps?

Allen for sure but wouldn't play Aspas the task is over is head ,it would probably be Lucas or Moses (not my preferred selection)..I would play Alberto or Teixiera.

But Maybe Sturridge will recuperate.
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games