Next Season - Early Days but ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby sgs » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:00 am

Anyone remember the Brazilian LB we were following last summer @ Grenada in La Liga, Siquera?

Had a top, top game vs Spurs last night...More than held his own against Lenon and Walker...

Currently on loan @ Benfica
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Liverpool currently have a 42 man strong squad ,these are the changes I have implemented along with
adding two quality fullbacks an influential midfielder and a forward who can become one of the very
best British strikers in the game.   

Mignolet
Reina

Siqueira
Enrique
Flanagan
Nathaniel Clyne
McLaughlin
Wisdom
Kelly

Agger 
Ilori
Sakho 
Coates
Skrtel
Jones
Sama

Suso
Henderson
Lucas
Allen
Alberto
Brannagan
Coutinho
Teixeira
Gerrard
Susaeta  Dream signing
Ibe
Rossiter
Sinclair
Assaidi

FWD's
Suarez
Sturridge
Sterling
James Rodriguez
Yesil
Aspas

Players who I believe will break into the squad for next season

Jack Dunne
Daniel Trickett Smith
Sergio Canas
Harry Wilson
Pedro Chirevella
Rafael Paez

That's how I believe our Squad could evolve next season
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:38 am

I'm actually satisfied with the current players we have so I can only suggest some changes.

Firstly, Cissokho and Moses to be sent back to their parent clubs. I don't care how it's done, just do it.

Secondly, I would love to see a new fullback or maybe two. Lukasz Piszczek and Seamus Coleman are my dream choices. Otherwise, there's Alex Sandro.

Thirdly, if we need another keeper as back up, Guillermo Ochoa is available for free I think. This is in light of Reina's impending departure.

Next, sell Aspas. He's been a failure. We've got Borini and Yesil  anyway.

Also, sort out the future of Alberto, Coates and Assaidi. I'm pretty baffled why Alberto isn't getting more game time when the games are done and dusted. He's always done very well during his short cameos. Perhaps that could change next season in the light of more games coming our way.

Just don't make too many changes and rock the ship. And hopefully we buy established players rather than prospects. Because if we're looking at prospects, there's so many in the Academy.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:41 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:05 pm wrote:Liverpool currently have a 42 man strong squad

I'm not clear on all the rules regarding the 25 man squad we are allowed to register.

I think under 21's don't have to be registered and we have to include a certain number of home grown players (?) but if we already have a squad of 42 and we sign say another 3 players surely we're gonna have to let some players go ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:53 am

There are some good players within the teams in the lower tier fighting relegation. Here's a list of the clubs and their better players. Would you consider getting any of them? Of course we're capable of attracting players in the upper tiers of football but maybe there's 1 or 2 players that you would like to see in a Liverpool top?

Fulham - Maarten Stekelenburg, Lewis Holtby, Kostas Mitroglou
Cardiff - David Marshall, Steven Caulker
Sunderland - Vito Mannone, Adam Johnson
Crystal Palace - Mile Jedinak
West Brom - No one stands out. Saido Berahino a prospect for the future?
Norwich - No one stands out. Leroy Fer maybe?
Swansea - Chico, Angel Rangel, Michu, etc etc
Hull City - No one stands out.
West Ham - Andy Carroll, Joe Cole and Stewart Downing :D Nah but seriously, Mohd Diame.

I really like Holtby and Mannone. It's highly unlikely Swansea would get relegated seeing that they have the best squad among the above but if they do, would any of you want Michu here? I think not. I think he would be a square peg in a round hole.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:02 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:41 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:05 pm wrote:Liverpool currently have a 42 man strong squad

I'm not clear on all the rules regarding the 25 man squad we are allowed to register.

I think under 21's don't have to be registered and we have to include a certain number of home grown players (?) but if we already have a squad of 42 and we sign say another 3 players surely we're gonna have to let some players go ?

I haven't adhered to the new rules myself mate ,obviously its all speculative guess work as to who we may sign ,but I've binned a sufficient enough amount of players to accommodate the new additions.....Johnson and Borini being the most notable of casualties.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Had a look at the "rules " on registration.

First off. The rules apply only to Premier League matches, not European, FA Cup or League Cup action.

The main points are.

Clubs register a squad of up to 25 players, which must include at least eight 'home-grown' players, at the end of each transfer window.

Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"

Clubs can supplement squad with unlimited number of players under the age of 21. (To qualify as U21 for the 2014/2015 season players must be U21 on Jan 1st 2014)

For the current season we registered the following as home grown players

Joe Allen
Steven Gerrard
Jordan Henderson
Glen Johnson
Brad Jones
Martin Kelley
Victor Moses
Danny Sturridge

Looking at that list I'm assuming that next season it'll look pretty much the same with the exception of Moses (?) and possibly Johnson (?) who would be replaced by Flanagan and Wisdom. Both would qualify as home grown but not as u21's.

Sterling and Ibe would still qualify as u21's along with other notables like Yesil and McLaughlin.

That leaves us with 17 available spots for registration. Assuming we want to strengthen the squad with at least two (?) marquee signings it leaves us with  just 15 places available for registration and raises questions over the future of fringe players such as Alberto, Ilori, Teixeira, Assaidi,  Suso, Aspas and Borini.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:08 pm

What a season this is turning out too be  :buttrock

Like me I'm sure all of you lot are thinking about how we strengthen the squad for next seasons CL and another tilt at the title.

Don't know how much BR will be given to spend but hopefully it'll be substantial and we can maybe bring in at least one marquee signing.

In the meantime looking around for quality players that may not cost the earth I've read that Micah Richards wants away from Man City (in search of more first team football) and I reckon under BR he'd be a great addition to the squad, can play RB and CB.

Also reading that despite making politically correct statements, Eriksen (at Spurs), has indicated that he doesn't see his long term future with the London club. IMO he'd  be a great addition to the squad, midfield playmaker, scores goals and played with Suarez at Ajax and still just 22years old.

If we could sign the likes of Richardson and Eriksen in addition to  considering some of the talent we have out on loan (Illori, Borini etc) apart from maybe  bringing in a GK who could give Mig some competition (if he's up for it Pepe is still our player  :D  ) I think even on a modest budget we could still be in great shape for next seasons challenge.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:16 pm

I still think we need a dominant midfielder, city's midfield even without Toure wrestled the game from our control yesterday and I'd love us to find our own version of Yaya.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:26 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:16 pm wrote:I still think we need a dominant midfielder, city's midfield even without Toure wrestled the game from our control yesterday and I'd love us to find our own version of Yaya.

:nod

Fantastic player, massive bonus for us when he had to go off. What wouldn't I give to see us find and sign a midfielder of his quality.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby killerp » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:13 am

Fantastic player, massive bonus for us when he had to go off. What wouldn't I give to see us find and sign a midfielder of his quality.

How about Arturo Vidal from Juventus?

We need someone like that, defensive mid, versatile can play anywhere, commands the midfield, aggressive and can score goals.
killerp

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:56 am

Not too sure about his disciplinary record, whilst he's scored 30 plus goals in all competitions over the last two seasons he's also picked up 25 yellow cards !

Also there are lot of big spending clubs looking at him, not sure if financially we would be prepared to compete.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:31 am

It's difficult to find a player in Yaya Toure's ability.

Maybe someone close.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:06 am

The Daily star was reporting yesterday that we are planning to offer Everton £38m for Ross Barkley, when the press put this to Martinez he laughed it off saying United had already offered £50m so why should he accept £38m?
I know he was poking fun at the ballpark figures newspapers conjure up but that would be a hell of a signing if we could pull it off.
Speaking of hell though, there would be more chance of it freezing over than a die hard blue signing for us, even if he wanted to it wouldn't be worth his while the stick he'd get from evertonians, it's not as if he hasn't got plenty of other options if he did want to go. He'd earn more and have an easier life elsewhere.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:17 am

This would look a pretty impressive midfield/attack though

Gerrard

Barkley.              Hendo

Sterling.           Coutinho.          Suarez

Sturridge
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion