Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:43 pm

justified hasnt been great this season at all, the crowe story is poor compared to last season. next season is the last so hopefully it will go out with a bang.
true detective is next on the list  :nod
anyone watch grimm ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:08 am

red till i die!! » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:43 am wrote:justified hasnt been great this season at all, the crowe story is poor compared to last season. next season is the last so hopefully it will go out with a bang.
true detective is next on the list  :nod
anyone watch grimm ?

Yeah this has been weakest season of Justified for me as well due to the Crowe story. Not having much focus on his boss and workmates has also been minus for me
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Speaking of Films that have been reimaged into TV shows, looking forward to see how this one turns out

laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:24 am

laza » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:05 pm wrote:Speaking of Films that have been reimaged into TV shows, looking forward to see how this one turns out

Great movie but I'm not sure how it will translate into a TV series, expect it to be quite slow ?.

Anyone latched onto new TV series "Dusk Till Dawn" yet ?

Four episodes in and so far it's standing up well against the original movie.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Good Yank » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Sirens is freaking hilarious.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:59 am

The Good Yank » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:25 pm wrote:Sirens is freaking hilarious.

Hadn't realised there was a US remake of the original British tv show and that Dennis Leary was behind it.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out.   :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:34 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:24 am wrote:[quote="laza » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:05 pm"

Anyone latched onto new TV series "Dusk Till Dawn" yet ?

Four episodes in and so far it's standing up well against the original movie.

yeah watched the first 4 myself and will give it another couple to see if it grabs me.
anyway game of thrones is back tonight  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:35 pm

Sci-Fi aimed at a younger audience but the Star Crossed pilot on Sky1 was surprisingly good.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:42 am

parchpea » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:35 pm wrote:Sci-Fi aimed at a younger audience but the Star Crossed pilot on Sky1 was surprisingly good.

Enjoyed the pilot but found subsequent episodes disappointing. As you say it's seems to be aimed at a "young" audience, i.e american teens.

Another new show "The One Hundred" although also seemingly aimed at a young audience has a bit more meat on it's bones.

Roughly a century after a global nuclear war that devastated Earth 100 teenage descendants of those who managed to escape, to a massive space station, are returned to the planet by the space stations authorities to check out if it's again habitable.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:34 pm

Game of thrones Episode 2   :buttrock
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Bought a full HD tv as a treat for the title run in. Is it just mine or does it make a lot of shows look staged or 'set-like'? Watching game of thrones and I can't get past the fact that everything looks fake - any suggestions for how to fix this?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:09 pm

fivecups » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:51 pm wrote:Bought a full HD tv as a treat for the title run in. Is it just mine or does it make a lot of shows look staged or 'set-like'? Watching game of thrones and I can't get past the fact that everything looks fake - any suggestions for how to fix this?

lol maybe they cut back the budget on the special effects.
seriously though i checked up on this a couple of years ago when i bought my first HD set. for starters you will need a HD box(satelite or freeview) and a hdmi cable linking the tv to it.
check this site out and see if you can make any adjustments to improve your setup
http://hdguru.com/are-you-really-watchi ... maybe-not/
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:59 am

fivecups » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:51 pm wrote:Bought a full HD tv as a treat for the title run in. Is it just mine or does it make a lot of shows look staged or 'set-like'? Watching game of thrones and I can't get past the fact that everything looks fake - any suggestions for how to fix this?

work on your suspension of disbelief

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:01 pm

fivecups » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:51 pm wrote:Bought a full HD tv as a treat for the title run in. Is it just mine or does it make a lot of shows look staged or 'set-like'? Watching game of thrones and I can't get past the fact that everything looks fake - any suggestions for how to fix this?

Look up on the 'soap opera' effect. Your hdtv is creating additional frames using software for smooth motion. This is what you want for sports with fast moving objects. But when you watch movies or TV shows, it looks too 'new' or like a soap opera. Switch off your hdtv's smooth motion effect then it should fix it. Samsung LED tv's are notorious for having this soap opera effects.

Having said that LED tv's suffer from motion stutter ie they can't display motion as smoothly as plasma. So manufacturers counter this by creating software simulated additional frames in between. But that creates this soap opera effect. When you buy a TV you should research on what is the 'actual' non software assisted refresh rate. The higher the better, but also more expensive...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Fantastic advice, thanks people.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum