Everton V Liverpool - 23/11/13 12:45 K/O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mkingdom » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:43 pm

crim cram » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:42 pm wrote:It was a horror tackle and he should have walked.  His unpunished thuggery kept Everton in the match.  Rooney should have been sent off to against Cardiff.  :veryangry

And those fine margins make all the difference at the end of the season when it matters. Had those decisions been made correctly instead, Cardiff would have likely beaten United and we should have held on to win at Everton.  That's a six point gap rather than three points between us now. We would be on on 26 and United on 20, rather than 24 and 21 respectively.
mkingdom

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:46 pm

devaney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:40 am wrote:And if the boot was on the other foot and one of those tackles had broken an ankle or a metatarsal I wonder how you would have viewed it! They were both borderline red card offences IMHO. We can't have it both ways.

sorry but thats rubbish that mate, are you honestly trying to say the one where suarez trod on mirralas foot is a borderline red?
even the other one on distan, yes it was nasty but that looked to me like luis stood on his heel by accident, luis`s instantaneous reaction suggests it was accidental too, neither of them are anywhere near as bad as mirallas`s tackle on saturday.
surprised you didnt throw in clive thomas disallowing bryan hamiltons goal in the 77 semi at maine road as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:46 pm wrote:
devaney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:40 am wrote:And if the boot was on the other foot and one of those tackles had broken an ankle or a metatarsal I wonder how you would have viewed it! They were both borderline red card offences IMHO. We can't have it both ways.

sorry but thats rubbish that mate, are you honestly trying to say the one where suarez trod on mirralas foot is a borderline red?
even the other one on distan, yes it was nasty but that looked to me like luis stood on his heel by accident, luis`s instantaneous reaction suggests it was accidental too, neither of them are anywhere near as bad as mirallas`s tackle on saturday.
surprised you didnt throw in clive thomas disallowing bryan hamiltons goal in the 77 semi at maine road as well.

Trod on his foot in the eyes of a red. Stamped on his foot in the eyes of a blue and that is the difference. The Distan tackle was downright nasty but because we love Luis lets just call it an accident. Take off the red specs for a second. They were both  yellow car offences as a minimum and Luis could easily have been sent off.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:44 pm

devaney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:12 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:46 pm wrote:

Trod on his foot in the eyes of a red. Stamped on his foot in the eyes of a blue and that is the difference. The Distan tackle was downright nasty but because we love Luis lets just call it an accident. Take off the red specs for a second. They were both  yellow car offences as a minimum and Luis could easily have been sent off.

sounds like you are looking at it from the blue perspective to me, if you are trying to equate suarez`s run of the mill fouls to mirallas`s potential career ender then you have been bevvying in the red brick by the sounds of it.
by the way instead of having slow mo`s of suarez`s foul try having a slow mo of suarez`s last minute goal that got ruled out for offside, they got their fair share of luck in last years derby themselves so i`m not sure why you are trying to make out it`s all one way.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:52 pm

devaney » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:33 am wrote:As they say what comes around goes around. I had conveniently forgotten how bad Luis's tackles were in last years derby. What this article does suggest is that Mirallas was out for revenge: http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/11/pr ... erton.html

As bad as Luis was last year it is about time that retrospective punishment, regardless of the action taken by the referee during the game, is imposed with very lengthy bans. The nonsense with Torres and Vertongen highlights the problem. Yes it was a silly girlie scratch by Torres but it was just as bad as Luis's girlie bite and because the linesman comes forward and says he saw the offence then the FA are powerless to take further action. The law is an *****.

mirallas basically admits the challenge from the season before was on his mind before the game.
it was a hatchet job plain and simple and he's got away with it. i doubt he would have complained had dowd shown him a red.
credit to suarez though for keeping his cool and getting on with it. hopefully there is no repercussions and he is good to go again at the weekend.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:13 pm

can the FA not review it and overturn the decision?

Not that they will, the corrupt bunch of divvs
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:41 pm

redno7 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 pm wrote:can the FA not review it and overturn the decision?

they have reviewed it, they reckon the ref made the right call and the same on the rooney incident against cardiff.
the only one they overturned is wes browns red card.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:41 pm wrote:
redno7 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 pm wrote:can the FA not review it and overturn the decision?

they have reviewed it, they reckon the ref made the right call and the same on the rooney incident against cardiff.

Wes Brown's tackle was never a red. Not sure it was even a foul actually.

I'm also not so sure that Rooney's tackle was that bad.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:01 pm

damjan193 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 pm wrote:I'm also not so sure that Rooney's tackle was that bad.

It's the intention...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:45 am

NO they haven't reviewed it ( Mirallas and Ronney)!

They can't because the Ref saw both incidents and gave a Yellow Card. You can't ask the FA to upgrade a Yellow but only to look at rescinding a red ! Crazy ! Its got something to do with not undermining the Referee............... :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:21 pm

damjan193 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:12 pm wrote:

Wes Brown's tackle was never a red. Not sure it was even a foul actually.

I'm also not so sure that Rooney's tackle was that bad.

Rooneys wasnt a tackle, or even an attempted tackle for that matter.

He kicked him off the ball.
Clear straight red.

He might not have done any serious damage but the intent was there.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games