Liverpool v some indonesian XI-SAT-19-JULY 2.30pm BST

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Greavesie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:22 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:38 pm wrote:Very Early days I know however if you ask me if THIS squad captures the imagination and would jump start our CL/Championship hopes ,I regretfully gotta say No way.

New signings (Aspas/Alberto) are good players not doubt ,are they game changers? Nope.

We are 3 Quality players ,at least , away from even starting thinking of a renewed challenge of the EPL top 4. Need another Defensive ,Mid and attacking players ,which are leaders at their position. No More "Nice Guys" ,work in-motion ,"Future" prospects. We need players which can hit the ground running.

Observations....Kelly Really? Your new hair style can't cover your clumsy/slow performance..RB Is a huge problem as of now.
Henderson/Downing...Can we afford those guys? They hit their Glass ceiling and unfortunately it's lower then the minimum required.

Bright Spot ,IBE ,What a huge potential. Their is your Game changer.

Till Next time.

No more future prospects then you say Ibe is a game changer?

This is extremely pessimistic, we've played 2 gams in pre-season, scored 6 and not conceded and there's still business to be done. Chill out

I actually really like Kelly, he's been injured and not played for a while tho, there's no need to give him stick cos of his performance in a pre-season game

I agree I tend to embrace the pessimistic side of life ,i'm working on changing it  :grinning:
However over optimism usually leads to bitter disappointment ,so both aren't recommended I guess...

Again ,we have a decent team and squad ,question I asked was if THIS squad is ready for the NEXT step ,in my opinion NO.
I didn't refer to our results just to the way we play and who we have at our disposal. I'm looking for the potential and not bothered by the current results.

Kelly...Even Prior injury he was pretty mediocre...Just don't like that both our RB are pretty limited.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Do you have something against right backs ?

It's clear you have something against Johnson but now you are calling Kelly mediocre !! It's clear to 99.9% that he is far from mediocre
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:25 pm wrote:Do you have something against right backs ?

It's clear you have something against Johnson but now you are calling Kelly mediocre !! It's clear to 99.9% that he is far from mediocre

Anti-RB ,that's a new one  :D

Here is what I see in Kelly...Physically strong player ,not the fastest ,limited technical skills ,can't dribble around a defender ,not the most accurate passer and his kicks into the box nothing to write home about...That's text book Mediocrity.

What do you see in him?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:41 pm

that performance was awful but to be fair to the players they are doing two and three training sessions a day trying to build up their cardio-vascular fitness levels so it`s not really surprising to see them looking a bit leggy. factor in the heat and the humidity that you get in that part of the world and as i say a performance like that is almost expected at this early stage of pre season.
it`s just a pity that they couldnt have found a performance from somewhere though for the local fans who have been magnificent all trip.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby moop1970 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:51 pm

What worries me is that I actually really liked the kit that they wore
moop1970

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:49 pm

only me » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:34 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:25 pm wrote:Do you have something against right backs ?

Anti-RB ,that's a new one  :D

Here is what I see in Kelly...Physically strong player ,not the fastest ,limited technical skills ,can't dribble around a defender ,not the most accurate passer and his kicks into the box nothing to write home about...That's text book Mediocrity.

What do you see in him?

That Anti - Right back comment is comedy gold.

I actually like Kelly he is one player this coming season im hoping will get more game time. He isnt as skillful as the likes of Johnson or say Rafael. But he is alot stronger than both of them.

I would rather see him play CB or maybe even DM perhaps thats why We arent looking to sign one

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games